Page 1448 of 1720 FirstFirst ... 44894813481398143814461447144814491450145814981548 ... LastLast
Results 36,176 to 36,200 of 42996

Thread: League of Legends [Discussion]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    It's great isn't it!
    Lol well we assumed the talon was going mid, then they picked morde.
    Like...I had a feeling it wouldn't be a fun lane, but I didn't take into account that me only having one spell doesn't really work against him. Also my team didn't ban malphite for w.e reason GG there lol.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Lol well we assumed the talon was going mid, then they picked morde.
    Like...I had a feeling it wouldn't be a fun lane, but I didn't take into account that me only having one spell doesn't really work against him. Also my team didn't ban malphite for w.e reason GG there lol.
    You can really hurt Morde as Gragas late game if you catch him by surprise though.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Karkelo View Post
    Having loads of trouble against top lane Malphite. It seems now he is either banned or first pick every game, and I always try to counter-pick him and tried both Vlad and Kennen. Get completely destroyed as Vlad because his Q would do 25% of my HP+ and constant top lane ganks even though I let him push so I can play a bit more defensively, and as Kennen I did good early-game but mid-game he was so tanky that I couldn't do ANYTHING against him. It also seemed like people seem to be taking lifesteal masteries as him even though almost everyone sticks with the middle tree, so I'm confused. Ground slam always seems to heal back 200+ hp :<. Going to play some bot matches as Malphite to get the hang of him so maybe I can figure him out. Yorick did the same but I almost never see him so that's for another day... hopefully next week he is on sale because after playing against him I am really interested in him.
    you shouldnt be losing the lane as vlad, you can zone him p hard and sustain through q's. vlad is considered the best counter to malph after rumble

kennen you need to kill him early otherwise he'll just get too tanky, and it's not particularly hard to do that. after a certain point it becomes basically impossible to kill him in normal situations, but he should never really be able to kill you at any point without a gank.

cho also does fairly well against malph

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

You can really hurt Morde as Gragas late game if you catch him by surprise though.
    Yeah like he never killed me (up until malphite ulted me, when i was 80% hp under my turret) and was able to get farm but I had no real way to deny him his farm.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspher Jay View Post
    Looking for ELO Hell partner. I'm trying to get out of 997 and to 12XX
    if you don't deserve to be a higher elo, you will naturally fall back, despite being carried. there's no such thing as elo hell, you're just bad. deal with it. (:

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    if you don't deserve to be a higher elo, you will naturally fall back, despite being carried. there's no such thing as elo hell, you're just bad. deal with it. (:
    Wise words. Elo hell is just an excuse. Sure you can fall due to bad teammates but not by 100+ points.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Wise words. Elo hell is just an excuse. Sure you can fall due to bad teammates but not by 100+ points.
    Well, considering solo Q is like flipping a coin, it surely can land on tails 10 times in a row. But if you consistently keep falling lower, then the problem might be you.
    Some people might be better than the elo they're currently at, but they just lack the skill to carry their team.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 15

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some more PvP later and hopefully get matched against more Malphs, I think I was just having a bad time because I was constantly getting pushed from ganks and had no room to do much of anything. Also, I thought Malph was pure AD until I played him last night and found out he is AP, so that should help me a lot.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 12

Solo queue is way too inconsistent. Dropped from 2k elo to 1800s with no chance of getting out for a while because of feeders every single game. Ad carries don't even know how to play.
    League of Legends ign = Leaguesoflegends 1755 ELO Current ELO: 2012 June 16

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some more PvP later and hopefully get matched against more Malphs, I think I was just having a bad time because I was constantly getting pushed from ganks and had no room to do much of anything. Also, I thought Malph was pure AD until I played him last night and found out he is AP, so that should help me a lot.
    Malph is actually a very interesting beast. He can be played as AD, AP, or a tank successfully depending on the enemy team comp.

yay!

i believe solo q is all up to you until around 1500, maybe 1600 where its completely possible to carry the team and people on the other team arent good enough to carry yet

after that its p much a coin toss

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 156

how exactly do you carry feeders

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2487391

Heimer turns around an becomes instantly aroused at the sight of Corki stroking his bare yordle **** smirking, waiting for the inventor to make his move. "Well everything appears to be in order." coos Heimer after staring intensely at the pilots **** "What could possible be the problem?".
    Why.

Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    by being a better player than they are. some games are uncarryable, but that's to be expected. address issues BEFORE they occur.

also pubtraining is usually a very efficient way of winning in lower elo.

AP Malphite isn't as viable as it once was due to the ratio nerf, he is stronger built around armour.

AP Malphite isn't as viable as it once was due to the ratio nerf, he is stronger built around armour.
    I meant as far as building MR against him so his Q doesn't destroy me so much

I meant as far as building MR against him so his Q doesn't destroy me so much
    It will help a little, but his true power lies in his game changing ultimate and synergy with Frozen Heart/Randuin's Omen for ridiculous AS slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    typical mentality of solo q is to have the best chance of winning u need some godly score of 2x/0/1x or something. in all honesty a typical support score with minimal kills and mostly assists, no matter ur role, is probably the most ideal

in that elo just roaming, regardless of ur own lane, is the best way. it doesnt even matter if u win ur lane or not. if u lose ur lane, either by getting behind on farm or losing towers, or even sometimes just dying a lot, it doesnt mean anything if u can get all ur other lanes to win. this is easiest in mid, but can be done top as well. if ur lane opponent is the only person doing well on their team, chances are if they're in that elo they wont know how to take advantage of that and win the game for their team (otherwise they wouldn't be in that elo right?)

thats assuming u even lose the lane. if u win, constant roaming puts a lot of pressure on the other team at the very least, but ideally puts ur lanes far ahead of them. after laning phase, just force things to happen. siege towers together or split push to divide their attention, go for drag and baron if they're trying to turtle, try and catch people out as 5 if they're not, etc etc. u dont even have to be a good player to do this, u just need to be aware of the options and make the calls

basically anyone can make it to gold through decision making and mechanics alone, skill only comes into play once you hit the point where people are aware of these things themselves. of course it makes it that much easier to hit that point if ur good

yes there will always be those games that are just unwinnable, but these are few and far between and almost every game there is something u can do. also i dont recommend trying to carry as ad and none of this really applies to them, since its not really possible to force things like a solo lane/jungler and ur laning is much more dependent on ur support than urself, and roaming can put u very far behind.
    ive had more success as a support in lower elo just because ur able to make more calls and make a bigger impact on the overall game, because a lot of the time games are not decided by teamfights or situations where ad becomes more relevant, and is based more on smaller scenarios and catching people out (clearing wards can do a lot just because people tend to use it as a huge crutch and cant use their knowledge of the game to guesstimate what the other team could be doing w/o them)

So I was gonna pick Ryze and he got banned... so screw it, AP Teemo it is.

Yup. Auto attacks should not be hitting that hard. So.. delicious. Morde was the only one to kill me the entire game I believe.... didn't realize his ult would hit so damn hard and he kept coming out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Karkelo; 08-20-2012 at 08:00 PM.

So I was gonna pick Ryze and he got banned... so screw it, AP Teemo it is.

Yup. Auto attacks should not be hitting that hard. So.. delicious. Morde was the only one to kill me the entire game I believe.... didn't realize his ult would hit so damn hard and he kept coming out of nowhere.
    ap teemo doesn't really work against anyone with a brain(sooooo000 bad ratios, sooo nerfed mushrooms. recent buff to e only made on-hit items with ap more efficient.). pre-30 rules.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    ap teemo doesn't really work against anyone with a brain(sooooo000 bad ratios, sooo nerfed mushrooms. recent buff to e only made on-hit items with ap more efficient.). pre-30 rules.
    Even in 30's I find that more than half the games the enemy never buy oracles, or they die so fast with it that they are scared to get another. AP Teemo is fun at making the other team rage so hard. In one of the few games that they do have oracles, I just plant my shrooms at the edge of the brush so they can't really do much about it.

My prefer style of playing because I don't like AD teemo or on-hit teemo.

I feel like I should buy Shyvana. I hate junglers with mana bars because I am very greedy and don't want to give the blue buff to mid very often :3

But then again it is hard to imagine being effective as a jungler with no CC at all
    Last edited by marcipaans; 08-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83

I feel like I should buy Shyvana. I hate junglers with mana bars because I am very greedy and don't want to give the blue buff to mid very often :3

But then again it is hard to imagine being effective as a jungler with no CC at all
    Buy Lee Sin then. Mana-less with gap closer, slow, and knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    Buy Lee Sin then. Mana-less with gap closer, slow, and knockback.
    I dislike everything about Lee Sin. No particular reason. Just don't like him.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 44

I dislike everything about Lee Sin. No particular reason. Just don't like him.
    Why? He's the best playmaker in the game.
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.

Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.