League of Legends [Discussion]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Anrick always has to type a wall of text to try and prove his point.
    :l

there's a wolf in my heart

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by PyroHokku View Post
    yeah but if a squishy decides to stack thornmail with SF capes the yi is doomed
    Thronmails Passive doesn't stack nor does Sunfire Cape.
    PS4 Stole my heart... and my wallet.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 110

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Anrick always has to type a wall of text to try and prove his point.
    :l
    Haha, and I edit it alot, many typos and wrong english words..

It takes me more time to read it over and over and edit it than writing it all =P

Quote Originally Posted by MoonStoneX View Post
    Thronmails Passive doesn't stack nor does Sunfire Cape.
    I think he meant the dmg returning of thornmail stacked with the 40 dmg per second of SF cape
    Last edited by Anrick; 02-10-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-
    Like a kung-fu maniac drunk from the blood of a thousand victims

League of Legends
    Mains: Olaf/Gangplank/Nasus/Veigar
    Alts: Pantheon/Miss Fortune/Singed/Annie

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Anrick View Post
    Haha, and I edit it alot, many typos and wrong english words..

It takes me more time to read it over and over and edit it than writing it all =P

I think he meant the dmg returning of thornmail stacked with the 40 dmg per second of SF cape
    this is the reason why i hate rammus >.< thornmail + sunfire + his shield + ult + taunt = he just stand and watches how you die ( mb he pokes you few times if he feels like it )

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Anrick View Post
    Yes its magic dmg.

But I say it often, forcing the carry to buy an expensive item, that doesn't improve his dmg output, to counter the tank, its already a victory.

Thornmail is usefull on tanks, because as I said earlier, it gives dmg back BEFORE the armor calculation on dmg reduction.

While their carry is buying some magic resist to be able to kill you without dying, your carry is getting stronger.

Your role as a Tank is always protect your teammates and try to mess up the enemy carry.
    Carries don't buy only damage items(unless you want to be shut down in a matter of seconds).Carries must also survive to be able to deal damage.A carry with lesser damage output and some survivability will always deal more damage than a carry that has only pure damage items.Just by being alive longer to put in a few more shots makes quite the difference,especially in end game.Even though I disagree having thornmail on squishies,I believe Banshee is a must on every carry.

Game Journalist Reputation: 44

Thornmail fears lifesteal.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 65

Quote Originally Posted by Kluey View Post
    I was thinking that too, 2 life steal items = who cares, you get about 30% of your damage back that way.
    (`*.(`*.( `*. .* ).* ).* )
    Even a chance meeting is the fate of a previous life.
    (.*(.*( .* `*. )`*. )`*. )

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 110

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlink View Post
    Carries don't buy only damage items(unless you want to be shut down in a matter of seconds).Carries must also survive to be able to deal damage.A carry with lesser damage output and some survivability will always deal more damage than a carry that has only pure damage items.Just by being alive longer to put in a few more shots makes quite the difference,especially in end game.Even though I disagree having thornmail on squishies,I believe Banshee is a must on every carry.
    Yet, if the enemy team doesn't means a menace to the carry, he won't need any defensive items and can focus on dmg output.

The carry needs survivability when the other team has someone that represents a menace to him.

Lets say a master yi with 100% crit chance 50% lifesteal and 2 attacks per second. Against a tank that can't tank, or a carry that does no dmg and some squishy. He will pretty much 3 hit the squishy, kill the carry and the tank will just sit there doing nothing.

As I said, the tank job is also make the carry waste his money to survive longer, if a rammus is taunting master yi and have a thornmail plus frozen heart to slow him down and a sunfire cape, master yi will have to buy banshees, but if a tank is taunting master yi and is like, stacking hp items, the tank will also get killed in 4 or 5 seconds, master yi won't need it.

I agree with you, all the carry need some survivability, and one of the tanks job is to make sure he WILL need it. Also,another tank job is to make sure the carry needs more dmg and armor penetration, so he doesn't get too many survivability items. Thats why I said, tanks must try to screw the carry build, not let them build everything they want, just what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluey View Post
    And Lifesteal fears thornmail. Its a counter for the both sides. As I said, Olaf and Nasus doesn't care about thornmail, they have built in LS.
    Last edited by Anrick; 02-10-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-
    Like a kung-fu maniac drunk from the blood of a thousand victims

League of Legends
    Mains: Olaf/Gangplank/Nasus/Veigar
    Alts: Pantheon/Miss Fortune/Singed/Annie

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 10

about to pick up nidalee

any advice or other champions who can single handedly carry a team

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    Whenever I find out someone is gay my first response is not to care at all, but then right after that I realize what being gay entails and I go, "oh ho ho! NAUGHTY"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilo View Post
    Blind monk was made into Udyr - if blindmonk comes out for real *I doubt he will* I Will buy people $10 worth of riotpoint cards hell even quote me / sig me

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

solo lane swain, get fed on kills and cs and you'll be unkillable.
    All you really need is RoA, Rylais, after those you can seriously go tank, be sure to have blue buff most of the time.
    I don't think i've been countered by any solo lane champs as of yet.
    Lvl 6+ you should be ungankable, you'll either kill 1 and hurt the other badly and live or you'll kill 1 and die.
    Last edited by markca; 02-10-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

Page 1451 of 4284 FirstFirst ... 4519511351140114411449145014511452145314611501155119512451 ... LastLast