Page 1689 of 1720 FirstFirst ... 6891189158916391679168716881689169016911699 ... LastLast
Results 42,201 to 42,225 of 42996

Thread: League of Legends [Discussion]

  1. #42201
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask a silly question in regards to League and IRL.


    So one of the biggest issues I have with playing League with RL friends is that they are just flat out terrible. And then they instead tend to be bratty and just ***** about why "I'm being rude" when I'm telling them to get objectives like dragon or towers, and they're like ****ing around as if they're all pro. Or they're just talking about LCS and think they know all about league but flat out suck. Unfortunately, because of the gap in skill, I find myself much more frustrated as a result because I can't say anything or shit gets all flown. It's kind of why I solo queue :\


    Thoughts?

    Edit: As to why I'm asking this, it's because I've been playing a few games with friends IRL and honestly if there was a bronze hell it's those guys that are giving me that experience.'



    Edit 2: I'm in my qualifiers.
    When my friends first started playing, I just ran a bunch of Co Op vs AI's until they could flog the intermediate AI's and made it much easier to transition in to playing actual 5v5's.

    Sure it's not going to make them good players, but it allows you to teach them the basics (including warding, objectives, etc) without the stresses of playing against other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_Shyvana View Post
    This game is so ****ing fun. omg

    Left behind a world record for WildStar
    /worth

    I need to get a key for my GF.
    Please keeping discussions in this thread to League of Legends only.
    Last edited by olaph; 02-03-2014 at 10:56 AM.

  2. #42202
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    When my friends first started playing, I just ran a bunch of Co Op vs AI's until they could flog the intermediate AI's and made it much easier to transition in to playing actual 5v5's.

    Sure it's not going to make them good players, but it allows you to teach them the basics (including warding, objectives, etc) without the stresses of playing against other people.
    I second that, you can also kindly send them to LOL forums like this one and let them read the basics maybe.

  3. #42203
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    When my friends first started playing, I just ran a bunch of Co Op vs AI's until they could flog the intermediate AI's and made it much easier to transition in to playing actual 5v5's.

    Sure it's not going to make them good players, but it allows you to teach them the basics (including warding, objectives, etc) without the stresses of playing against other people.
    @Darkness35

    Honestly I was a Coop vs AI player for the longest time (until about December in Season 3 then I started playing PvP games and started Ranked around Jan/Feb last year~). I would say it does help, it's not the fastest way, but as olaph said, it's an easy, less stressful way to play (I was honestly very casual and my friends would play AI games wit mi just to teach mi stuff).

    Watching pro games like the LCS definitely helps with the overall map awareness and objective play, but honestly there are some people who no matter how much coaching they receive, will never learn to play well. It's mostly an ego problem. You can't improve if you don't think you need improvement (e.g. World record for number of XXX champ = best).

    Your friends sound like the latter category. Maybe they just don't know better, or maybe they're just toxic/ignorant. Just try teaching them, if they don't listen repeatedly, I'd honestly just advise you to NOT play with them anymore until they wisen up, as people with ego issues tend to make the game miserable for everyone (and since you're queueing with them, that means all the time for you).

  4. #42204
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default




    "Slow clap in background"


    ...yey......

  5. #42205
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyKitten View Post



    "Slow clap in background"


    ...yey......
    wow ur bak 2 gold gj
    now snowball to platinum with soraka top before it's nerfed

  6. #42206
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Waiting for Shaco rework

    #2015

  7. #42207
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    When my friends first started playing, I just ran a bunch of Co Op vs AI's until they could flog the intermediate AI's and made it much easier to transition in to playing actual 5v5's.

    Sure it's not going to make them good players, but it allows you to teach them the basics (including warding, objectives, etc) without the stresses of playing against other people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    @Darkness35

    Honestly I was a Coop vs AI player for the longest time (until about December in Season 3 then I started playing PvP games and started Ranked around Jan/Feb last year~). I would say it does help, it's not the fastest way, but as olaph said, it's an easy, less stressful way to play (I was honestly very casual and my friends would play AI games wit mi just to teach mi stuff).

    Watching pro games like the LCS definitely helps with the overall map awareness and objective play, but honestly there are some people who no matter how much coaching they receive, will never learn to play well. It's mostly an ego problem. You can't improve if you don't think you need improvement (e.g. World record for number of XXX champ = best).

    Your friends sound like the latter category. Maybe they just don't know better, or maybe they're just toxic/ignorant. Just try teaching them, if they don't listen repeatedly, I'd honestly just advise you to NOT play with them anymore until they wisen up, as people with ego issues tend to make the game miserable for everyone (and since you're queueing with them, that means all the time for you).
    Let's be real, they're just casual gamers if anything. Like if I had to be honest, it's why I solo queue because I can't deal with the drama and headaches affiliated with it.

  8. #42208
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18
    Senna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Let's be real, they're just casual gamers if anything. Like if I had to be honest, it's why I solo queue because I can't deal with the drama and headaches affiliated with it.
    Just focus on soloq I guess~

    If you get up there in the Ranks they'll maybe come to respect you and then will be willing to listen to your advice?

  9. #42209
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Just focus on soloq I guess~

    If you get up there in the Ranks they'll maybe come to respect you and then will be willing to listen to your advice?
    Nah, they're still going to **** around. That's why either I soloq, or play with people that are around the same skill level

  10. #42210
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Blind pick stupid ideas. AP Thresh is stupid. LOL

  11. #42211
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 67
    Unplayed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,866
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    most likely they feel they are right because its 2(or more) against you. if you can gather some friends who are "higher elo" (plat and up) you can easily isolate them by shoving one of them into a game with you and some "higher" friends and when you are going: "if you had done this <...> " or " you should have bought <..> becaus >...<"" and you are getting back up by the others (thus creating a 2vsoneofthem environment paired with the "highereloyoucantreach") they are more likely to see the fault/give in
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

    Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin


  12. #42212
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default



    so gud ahri

  13. #42213
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Was playing normal, Twitch left or whatever.
    Just walking around in lategame when suddenly DC, quit to menu.. can't reconnect, k. Check match history


    NOTHING. No ip gain, nothing in match history. K.

  14. #42214
    General Manager Reputation: 559
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,501
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Wow that's frightening reaction times.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  15. #42215
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Few things you just cant explain

    Just playing my casual ranked game. Doing pretty much nothing in my lane, roaming like 24/7 because

    THIS VIKTOR

    This Viktor is someone you see on a street and would go to jail for and still think it was worth it.

    He did the bullshiest shits ever, so glad our jungler pretty much sat the whole game in his lane and saved him. 60% of enemy team kills were because of him. There was this moment, where he flash dodged Fizzs spell and i was like, wow, now thats something, nice dodge. BUT THEN HE freaking continued to chase Fizz with 10hp and 0 mana and Fizz just turned around and crashed him with one spell. He didn't even auto him.

    I mean, a huge/troll/retard feeder? Nothing new right ? But goddamnit,

    -He was trash
    -He did not type at all or ping the WHOLE GAME there was NOTHING from him
    -In lategame he soloed alone, walked alone in lanes
    -If he was near the TF's ,he was the one who started them because he was the one who gets shit on and the TF can start

    And then there was this "last TF", Diana got Quadra and so she and Leona chased Draven for Penta, ofc they dived and we got aced in result, as we could not finish.

    And i checked that guys match history, he has like 5 wins in a row in ranked where he has like 1:2 K ratio.

  16. #42216
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Viktor es numero uno hue hue hue hue e**** jayce hue hue

  17. #42217
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    13

  18. #42218
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    heartseeker urgot though


  19. #42219
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Except I'm expecting urgot to shot phallic objects at enemies.

  20. #42220
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/33950847#profile

    Skipped from Gold V to Gold III, yey!

  21. #42221
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyKitten View Post
    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/33950847#profile

    Skipped from Gold V to Gold III, yey!
    wow u actually won
    wow

  22. #42222
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    wow u actually won
    wow
    Ye ikr, last game i got carried by nubs. Last TF i just ultied and soaked up the damage, i didnt even land a single Q on enemy.

    gg ez get carried nubs

  23. #42223
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 99
    Ryukiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,677
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    i used to get 20 fps now i get 0 fps even with touching the settings to revert new model changes etc and lowest settings


    that amazing optimization they offer trolololol

  24. #42224
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    i used to get 20 fps now i get 0 fps even with touching the settings to revert new model changes etc and lowest settings


    that amazing optimization they offer trolololol
    well, howling abyss for one has terrible optimization.
    second, they did some stuff that you can turn off e.g inking for improved performance.

    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...imple_command/

  25. #42225
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20
    Narog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    try turn off shadow the rest doesn't help FPS much o and resolution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •