Page 1705 of 1720 FirstFirst ... 7051205160516551695170317041705170617071715 ... LastLast
Results 42,601 to 42,625 of 42996

Thread: League of Legends [Discussion]

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    new champ is a huge meh for me not interest at all , just hope the next rework is Warwick
    Either you are a terrible wimp, or you are just hate support completely.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

The new champion is awesome ! I can't wait for all the plays especially from pro players ! It's gonna be amazing.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

I have a hunch that Braum is going to be banned for a couple of weeks on release, not only to stifle the amount of people who'll feed with him but to stop all the people who've practiced with him on the PBE (Like a friend of mine has) to the point where he can stop the most clutch shit ever. It's hilarious. Can't wait to play with my friend once he comes out on the live server.

Edit: Nice, double IP weekend. Haven't had one of these in years.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/14916
    Last edited by Jermatoo; 04-24-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    I have a hunch that Braum is going to be banned for a couple of weeks on release, not only to stifle the amount of people who'll feed with him but to stop all the people who've practiced with him on the PBE (Like a friend of mine has) to the point where he can stop the most clutch shit ever. It's hilarious. Can't wait to play with my friend once he comes out on the live server.

Edit: Nice, double IP weekend. Haven't had one of these in years.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/14916
    yessss more useless ip yessssss

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    yessss more useless ip yessssss
    My friend in D1 is at the same point lol. He has a smany pages as you can have, every champ, every rune....

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61

Braum is the best thing I never knew I needed, fo srs. Riot's really outdone themselves with support designs lately. He's really similar to Thresh in the sense that he carries his team purely on utility rather than scaling.

Now I wish they'd remove utility scaling and rework the old supports to be the same way.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Braum is the best thing I never knew I needed, fo srs. Riot's really outdone themselves with support designs lately. He's really similar to Thresh in the sense that he carries his team purely on utility rather than scaling.

Now I wish they'd remove utility scaling and rework the old supports to be the same way.
    At least he takes risks and pays for his out of position teammates' mistakes... can't really say the same about Thresh lantern tho.

I really like Braum's design and kit. Probably would buy him (but flat broke on IP due to buying so many new runes...). Thresh isn't my sort of champion even tho he's always been OP...

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61

I honestly don't think Thresh is OP because while he is a jack-of-all-trades, he is incredibly difficult to play well. He relies entirely on his team to win games (a good Thresh is nothing without a good team who knows how to coordinate with him), and he requires really good timing and positioning to make plays. I honestly don't see where Thresh got his reputation for being an OP no-skill champion; if someone's good at Thresh, they're a really good support player.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    I honestly don't think Thresh is OP because while he is a jack-of-all-trades, he is incredibly difficult to play well. He relies entirely on his team to win games (a good Thresh is nothing without a good team who knows how to coordinate with him), and he requires really good timing and positioning to make plays. I honestly don't see where Thresh got his reputation for being an OP no-skill champion; if someone's good at Thresh, they're a really good support player.
    I never said Thresh didn't require mechanical skill. But you can't say he's hard to play. He's so easy to play because of his overloaded kit. You can miss a spell with Thresh and not care too much. Missing a single spell as Leona/Janna though? Not so forgiving~

He's not just an "all-rounder", he basically does almost everything too well. Janna used to be THE peel support. Now Thresh is arguably much better due to lantern + all his spells applying hard/soft CC (or both at the same time!). All the while, he can also catch people out better than Blitz/Leona (due to not having to pay for lousy hooks, he can always decide not to follow up).

Also, all supports rely on their team to win games and are nothing if their team doesn't coordinate with them, so that point of yours is kinda bad~

You can say he's not OP, but ever since his release, he has always been a top tier pick and has never ever fallen out of favor. It's clear he's too good compared to other supports. Other supports have a niche. Thresh does almost everything well, so why pick niche supports when Thresh can fulfill that AND more?

The only other supports being picked recently (last few months) have been AP mids that provide something Thresh doesn't have (e.g. Annies' damage, Karma's movespeed buffs). Again, it's something no other support can do (without Talisman). Otherwise, Thresh is always picked due to his stupid amounts of utility, CC and decent damage.

I like Braum cos his shield blocking ability is unique and no other support has it. He's got a really good peel/protection, but he pays for it by not being able to catch people out (i.e. a pure defensive support). Can't say the same about Thresh tho~

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I never said Thresh didn't require mechanical skill. But you can't say he's hard to play. He's so easy to play because of his overloaded kit. You can miss a spell with Thresh and not care too much. Missing a single spell as Leona/Janna though? Not so forgiving~

He's not just an "all-rounder", he basically does almost everything too well. Janna used to be THE peel support. Now Thresh is arguably much better due to lantern + all his spells applying hard/soft CC (or both at the same time!). All the while, he can also catch people out better than Blitz/Leona (due to not having to pay for lousy hooks, he can always decide not to follow up).

Also, all supports rely on their team to win games and are nothing if their team doesn't coordinate with them, so that point of yours is kinda bad~

You can say he's not OP, but ever since his release, he has always been a top tier pick and has never ever fallen out of favor. It's clear he's too good compared to other supports. Other supports have a niche. Thresh does almost everything well, so why pick niche supports when Thresh can fulfill that AND more?

The only other supports being picked recently (last few months) have been AP mids that provide something Thresh doesn't have (e.g. Annies' damage, Karma's movespeed buffs). Again, it's something no other support can do (without Talisman). Otherwise, Thresh is always picked due to his stupid amounts of utility, CC and decent damage.

I like Braum cos his shield blocking ability is unique and no other support has it. He's got a really good peel/protection, but he pays for it by not being able to catch people out (i.e. a pure defensive support). Can't say the same about Thresh tho~
    Thresh is pretty much the ultimate support and Riot will never be able to make something so 'inventive' again without rehashing his kit in some ways.
    Braum seems nice, but he's too defensive imo (again, riot forcing anti-assassin late game meta).

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

new champion looks like an extra from brave heart nothing interesting the most boring looking thing ever, is a dude with a stach like riot is not even trying

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Thresh is pretty much the ultimate support and Riot will never be able to make something so 'inventive' again without rehashing his kit in some ways.
    Braum seems nice, but he's too defensive imo (again, riot forcing anti-assassin late game meta).
    Exactly. Thresh is good at basically everything you want from a support. No other support can compete, which is why I hate him with a passion. My favorite supports are basically never going to be popular if his kit stays the way it is.

Braum is what I expect from a support. Has a set role and fulfills it (defensive support). Much like how Blitz is all about hooks/catching people, Janna is a peel support, Leona is heavy engage in teamfights...

CertainlyT sure knows how to make stupidly overloaded champion kits (every one of his champs needed multiple nerfs from release just to make them balanced). But Thresh is going to need adjustments to his kit, not numbers, to balance him (see Darius and Zed ultimate changes, another 2 CertainlyT champs who couldn't be fixed by numbers adjustment alone...)

They're going to need to cut off some of his unneeded CC to make him balanced (seriously, knocking people up/away with Flay isn't enough, you still have to add a SLOW to it?). Lantern is a get out of jail free card for someone out of position, why does it NEED a shield?

Thresh is just really a stupidly overloaded champ. Too many strengths, too few weaknesses~~

Edit: How I'd balance Thresh's lantern? Add counterplay to it. Currently blocking it with champions or wards is unreliable. Make it be able to be attacked by enemies, like wards. Two or three hits and it returns to him. So he can't throw it out and leave it there until his ally finally clicks it. He needs to time it well to make a save, and now his lantern isn't quite as stupidly OP anymore.
    Last edited by Senna; 04-24-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Double IP boost in effect this weekend. Enjoy if you all didn't know!
    Currently playing:

League Of Legends (MasterBowens)

hope they do something about seeing Thresh in every game

Arri's Animal Reputation: 104

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    hope they do something about seeing Thresh in every game
    Pick Karma. You'll thank me later.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Pick Karma. You'll thank me later.
    or morg, both do well against him.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

**** Ranked. I'm doing so bad that either my success is either a fluke or that the enemy team is just god awful.

*sigh*.. there must be a way to practice than dealing with the stress in me being god awful

Arri's Animal Reputation: 104

The Japanese have always been good at games, so they're going to be great contenders to fight the Koreans since no other country can touch them. What this means is that the US & EU no longer have a chance of ever winning Worlds once the Japanese step into the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post

The Japanese have always been good at games, so they're going to be great contenders to fight the Koreans since no other country can touch them. What this means is that the US & EU no longer have a chance of ever winning Worlds once the Japanese step into the scene.
    china 〉korea in terms of skill. they're ****ing insane.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

why do i suck at lol so much Q.Q while i can play dota 2 any day ... Q.Q
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Damn, I've gotta remember to pick someone far more cancerous. Even in custom games. Also Hotshot is the master of baiting.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 31

Damn, I've gotta remember to pick someone far more cancerous. Even in custom games. Also Hotshot is the master of baiting.
    He's the master of a lot of things League related.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    He's the master of a lot of things League related.
    Well he dicked around most of the game, just baiting my team mates into attacking him til his team popped out of nowhere. Oh well though, I had a blast even then because of all the funny trashtalk between both teams.

GG Curse Voice users.
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4491087