League of Legends [Discussion]

  1. #21921
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    With the Smurfs
    Posts
    11,562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I allways buy 2 wards per trip back if I can afford it when I go mid, on any champ. Get both entrances to my lane warded then I can farm and harass all day long without fearing dem ganks.


    Get wards, don't die. Lesson to learn everybody.
    Hence why i don't understand people have the mindset of "I don't have to buy wards, the support/others will do that"
    If it protects you from ganks and only costs 150g, why are people so reluctant to do it? I have my lane warded regardless of the champion I play.

  2. #21922
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    LuNaTiK01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    8

  3. #21923
    Game Journalist Reputation: 44
    Kluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Your lane will be warded anyways. The fact that you are spending money in the early game where 5 cs might actually be like 10% of your total cs on wards is huge.

    I don't know, might just be my opinion but having 2-3 health potions(200 hp basically) over a ward that someone else can afford to buy without having their build affected sounds dumb.




  4. #21924
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    With the Smurfs
    Posts
    11,562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kluey View Post
    Your lane will be warded anyways. The fact that you are spending money in the early game where 5 cs might actually be like 10% of your total cs on wards is huge.
    No it won't, unless you purely play with people you know will ward it 100% of the time, you cannot take that chance. 5CS is peanuts, considering alot of damage dealers average around 150-200 CS on a bad day.

    I don't know, might just be my opinion but having 2-3 health potions(200 hp basically) over a ward that someone else can afford to buy without having their build affected sounds dumb.
    You do realize that LoL is a team game and what you just suggested is incredibly selfish. Saying "someone else can afford to buy without having their build affected sounds dumb" is absurd because it effects everyone's build equally.

    *edit* Does it seem weird to anyone else that a PVP update is going to take 10+ hours?

  5. #21925
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59
    Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where the awesome is
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post

    *edit* Does it seem weird to anyone else that a PVP update is going to take 10+ hours?
    A tad bit, but I'm guessing it's the whole region switcharoo dealio that's very likely to screw up some things. But I guess that depends on how it's set up and I don't claim to know that stuff and so I will shut it.

    That's also estimated time, could be shorter

    Edit: Ok they usually put it as estimated time but not this time. I guess they really need that long to do those things o.O

  6. #21926
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    With the Smurfs
    Posts
    11,562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    A tad bit, but I'm guessing it's the whole region switcharoo dealio that's very likely to screw up some things. But I guess that depends on how it's set up and I don't claim to know that stuff and so I will shut it.

    That's also estimated time, could be shorter

    Edit: Ok they usually put it as estimated time but not this time. I guess they really need that long to do those things o.O
    For 10 hours they aren't doing much though...

  7. #21927
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 21
    slimyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I agree with Kluey, carry shouldn't buy wards because you have other things to spend your gold on, it doesn't matter how much doess it cost cause carry should never buy ward, I would buy it only if my support doesn't have any gold and I have enough for my item/s plus ward

  8. #21928
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    With the Smurfs
    Posts
    11,562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimyyy View Post
    I agree with Kluey, carry shouldn't buy wards because you have other things to spend your gold on, it doesn't matter how much doess it cost cause carry should never buy ward, I would buy it only if my support doesn't have any gold and I have enough for my item/s plus ward
    Carries aren't the only champions that need to buy items to be effective, hence the argument is l flawed. This is also excluding the fact you are never guaranteed to have a support in every game.

    What if you are in a solo lane?

  9. #21929
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 21
    slimyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    Carries aren't the only champions that need to buy items to be effective, hence the argument is l flawed. This is also excluding the fact you are never guaranteed to have a support in every game.

    What if you are in a solo lane?
    well if I'm solo lane I wouldn't be playing carry right? and I'm only saying if I have a support if me in a lane, support + AD carry - bot lane, that is the most common setup in the bot lane and then carry shouldn't buy wards in lane phase, but later on you can buy wards if you have enough room cause if everything goes as it should you'll be fed

  10. #21930
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    With the Smurfs
    Posts
    11,562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimyyy View Post
    well if I'm solo lane I wouldn't be playing carry right? and I'm only saying if I have a support if me in a lane, support + AD carry - bot lane, that is the most common setup in the bot lane and then carry shouldn't buy wards in lane phase, but later on you can buy wards if you have enough room cause if everything goes as it should you'll be fed
    Sometimes you don't get a choice :P I understand what you are saying. however what I'm saying is a 150g investment early game goes along way and has very little impact on your end game build as a carry.

Page 2193 of 4280 FirstFirst ... 119316932093214321832191219221932194219522032243229326933193 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •