League of Legends [Discussion]

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I allways buy 2 wards per trip back if I can afford it when I go mid, on any champ. Get both entrances to my lane warded then I can farm and harass all day long without fearing dem ganks.

Get wards, don't die. Lesson to learn everybody.
    Hence why i don't understand people have the mindset of "I don't have to buy wards, the support/others will do that"
    If it protects you from ganks and only costs 150g, why are people so reluctant to do it? I have my lane warded regardless of the champion I play.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Game Journalist Reputation: 44

Your lane will be warded anyways. The fact that you are spending money in the early game where 5 cs might actually be like 10% of your total cs on wards is huge.

I don't know, might just be my opinion but having 2-3 health potions(200 hp basically) over a ward that someone else can afford to buy without having their build affected sounds dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluey View Post
    Your lane will be warded anyways. The fact that you are spending money in the early game where 5 cs might actually be like 10% of your total cs on wards is huge.
    No it won't, unless you purely play with people you know will ward it 100% of the time, you cannot take that chance. 5CS is peanuts, considering alot of damage dealers average around 150-200 CS on a bad day.

I don't know, might just be my opinion but having 2-3 health potions(200 hp basically) over a ward that someone else can afford to buy without having their build affected sounds dumb.
    You do realize that LoL is a team game and what you just suggested is incredibly selfish. Saying "someone else can afford to buy without having their build affected sounds dumb" is absurd because it effects everyone's build equally.

*edit* Does it seem weird to anyone else that a PVP update is going to take 10+ hours?

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post

*edit* Does it seem weird to anyone else that a PVP update is going to take 10+ hours?
    A tad bit, but I'm guessing it's the whole region switcharoo dealio that's very likely to screw up some things. But I guess that depends on how it's set up and I don't claim to know that stuff and so I will shut it.

That's also estimated time, could be shorter

Edit: Ok they usually put it as estimated time but not this time. I guess they really need that long to do those things o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    A tad bit, but I'm guessing it's the whole region switcharoo dealio that's very likely to screw up some things. But I guess that depends on how it's set up and I don't claim to know that stuff and so I will shut it.

That's also estimated time, could be shorter

Edit: Ok they usually put it as estimated time but not this time. I guess they really need that long to do those things o.O
    For 10 hours they aren't doing much though...

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 21

I agree with Kluey, carry shouldn't buy wards because you have other things to spend your gold on, it doesn't matter how much doess it cost cause carry should never buy ward, I would buy it only if my support doesn't have any gold and I have enough for my item/s plus ward

Quote Originally Posted by slimyyy View Post
    I agree with Kluey, carry shouldn't buy wards because you have other things to spend your gold on, it doesn't matter how much doess it cost cause carry should never buy ward, I would buy it only if my support doesn't have any gold and I have enough for my item/s plus ward
    Carries aren't the only champions that need to buy items to be effective, hence the argument is l flawed. This is also excluding the fact you are never guaranteed to have a support in every game.

What if you are in a solo lane?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 21

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    Carries aren't the only champions that need to buy items to be effective, hence the argument is l flawed. This is also excluding the fact you are never guaranteed to have a support in every game.

What if you are in a solo lane?
    well if I'm solo lane I wouldn't be playing carry right? and I'm only saying if I have a support if me in a lane, support + AD carry - bot lane, that is the most common setup in the bot lane and then carry shouldn't buy wards in lane phase, but later on you can buy wards if you have enough room cause if everything goes as it should you'll be fed

Quote Originally Posted by slimyyy View Post
    well if I'm solo lane I wouldn't be playing carry right? and I'm only saying if I have a support if me in a lane, support + AD carry - bot lane, that is the most common setup in the bot lane and then carry shouldn't buy wards in lane phase, but later on you can buy wards if you have enough room cause if everything goes as it should you'll be fed
    Sometimes you don't get a choice :P I understand what you are saying. however what I'm saying is a 150g investment early game goes along way and has very little impact on your end game build as a carry.

Page 2193 of 4280 FirstFirst ... 119316932093214321832191219221932194219522032243229326933193 ... LastLast