League of Legends [Discussion]

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59

Quote Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
    whats with riot and bouncing?

katarina, missfortune, graves, and now zigs?

im not against it but it's getting a little old, no?
    First of all, how does Graves bounce?

Second, Kat and MF's skills bounce on targets. Just a thematic.

Ziggs actually bounces, as in jumps up and down on the ground, meaning it can jump over targets if you screw up the aiming.

Gonna have fun with this one methinks.

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post

Second, Kat and MF's skills bounce on targets. Just a thematic.

Ziggs actually bounces, as in jumps up and down on the ground, meaning it can jump over targets if you screw up the aiming.

Gonna have fun with this one methinks.
    Bounce it over the tanks to hit the carries

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I'm thinking he's refering to the ult.

But it doesn't bounce. It kind of just explodes no matter what once it reaches someone's face/maximum distance.

Slogan created by Kai and Me

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59

Quote Originally Posted by Duo View Post
    I'm thinking he's refering to the ult.

But it doesn't bounce. It kind of just explodes no matter what once it reaches someone's face/maximum distance.
    That's what I was thinking at first, but still.

Then again you could just look at is as a skillshot version of MF Q, except the second hit explodes.

Gonna get Ziggs for ma burfday hooray!
    And Viktor QoL buffs, even more hooray!

Apparently on ziggs release, it was 1 year since the last support was released, who was also the last 3150 champ, Karma, which was also on ma birthday, and I liked her too.

Intradasting useless knowledge!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I tried Dr. Mundo over the weekend and I like him a lot. Once he gets his ult he can lane forever. Stacking Warmogs is good fun too, I've peaked at around 5.5k health so far... right now it's like a game, how high can I go. =p

He seems to personify the issue that I have with the concept of a tank though. In most team fights I'm largely ignored. Good for initiating but that's about it. I follow around melee characters trying to weasel their way to our ranged DPS but I can only slow, and Mundo doesn't even contribute to other team members with a buff or anything like that. If they put a team buff function on his E, I'd be a lot happier. His damage output is lackluster as well. I think Mundo's a selfish pick.

I bought Orianna on sale as well and... wow she's useless. Unfortunately she is by far the most fun champ I've played so far but she's suffering badly from a lack of damage output. Her early game is atrocious, and her shield is a joke in terms of how much protection it gives. Mid's not bad and late's not bad but you really have to build items for her to start dealing significant damage. I'm not overly technical with LoL but it seems like she scales well but her base damage is horrible. They could up her base damage and reduce her scale and I'd be happy. I like her passive but as a squishy there really aren't that many opportunities where you can just sit there and auto-attack something... I'd rather they move the stacking effect on her auto-attack to her Q.
    Now Playing: Mission Against Terror, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, League of Legends, Minecraft, and the piano. =3

Visit my fail Youtube channel(don't leave me nasty messages!): http://www.youtube.com/user/Mirii471

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Doesn't fizz bounce?

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Doesn't fizz bounce?
    I guess it counts. It's sort of a Vlad's trollpool kind of deal though.

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

If you think Mundo is a) a tank and b) has lackluster damage despite having on of the biggest steroids in the game you are doing it wrong.

Mundo is one of the original(if not the) tanky dps champions.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Sooo....new item and changes to a couple aura items incoming.

Summoners!

In the next patch you’ll be seeing a new aura item making its way into the item shop on the Fields of Justice alongside with a couple of remakes for old classics. In addition to a new spin on Emblem of Valor and Stark’s Fervor, you’ll now have the option to purchase the Locket of the Iron Solari to round out your arsenal. These remade aura items, along with the new one, should bring you more options throughout the early and mid game.

The Item Formerly Known as Stark’s Fervor

The base stats of Stark’s Fervor grant a substantial Attack Speed bonus, a stat that primarily benefits a team’s Attack Damage carry. In addition to its base stats, however, Stark’s Fervor also grants additional Attack Speed and Lifesteal as an aura. And while these stats are shared to the rest of the team, the primary beneficiary is still the Attack Damage carry.

To combat this, we decided to rebuild Stark’s Fervor into an item that would be more beneficial to a champion who would typically purchase an aura item, such as a tank or support. Since these champions usually aren’t the ones you typically see racking up gold, however, an expensive component item like the Recurve Bow needed to be removed from the recipe. Moreover, champions in these roles benefit much more from Cooldown Reduction and durability stats than they do from an aggressive stat like Lifesteal or Attack Speed. In the end, we decided to change the root item to Kindle Gem, letting the aura carry the aggressive bonuses.

+250 Health
    UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
    UNIQUE Aura: Grants nearby allied champions 12% Life Steal and 20% Attack Speed.

These new base stats make Stark’s Fervor a much more viable purchase for any tank or support player looking to give Attack Damage champions a boost while still enhancing their own effectiveness and survivability.

Also, while we were revisiting this item, we wanted to take the opportunity to honor one of the top contributors to our Refer-a-Friend program. So we decided to rename the new Stark’s Fervor to Zeke’s Herald in honor of the efforts of this summoner. Congratulations Zeke, and thank you for introducing more players to League of Legends!

Emblem of Valor Now a More Viable Option

Another item that we wanted to revisit was the Emblem of Valor. In its initial incarnation, this item offered players two disparate methods of restoring health: Health Regen and Lifesteal. While both of these are viable methods of keeping your champion healthy, Lifesteal is most effective on hard-hitting champions like Attack Damage carries, while Health Regen is a more effective choice for a fighter or tank that can absorb a ton of damage on his own.

Rather than splitting the utility between these two demographics, we decided to remake Emblem of Valor as an item with higher utility for players in either a support or tank role. Since these roles tend toward cost-effective durability items early, we changed Emblem of Valor to build from both Cloth Armor and Rejuvenation Bead, providing both Health Regen and Armor as base stats and maintaining its standard Health Regeneration aura. This both re-focused the statistics provided by Emblem of Valor and gave players in the support and tank role an additional upgrade option from the popular Cloth Armor.

+25 Armor
    UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 10 Health Regen per 5 seconds.

Introducing the Locket of the Iron Solari

Naturally, with Stark’s Fervor now building from the Kindle Gem, we wanted to create a new mid game upgrade for the Emblem of Valor. Since we had just remade this item with support and tank champions in mind, we also wanted to make sure this new item was tailored to these roles. Thus, the Locket of the Iron Solari was born.

For the components of this new item we selected the Emblem of Valor along with another durability item popular amongst tank and support champions: the Heart of Gold. Providing additional Health, Armor and Health Regen along with an upgraded Health Regeneration aura, the Locket of the Iron Solari is a cost-effective way to keep your Emblem of Valor viable as the game wears on. And to top it all off, you’ll also be able to activate the item to give your team a brief damage shield nearby allies under attack by area of effect damage!

+300 Health
    +35 Armor
    UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 15 Health Regen per 5 seconds.
    UNIQUE Active: Shield yourself and nearby allies for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 (+10 per level) damage (60 second cooldown).

The Bottom Line

These new upgrade options for the popular early game items Cloth Armor, Heart of Gold and Kindle Gem should provide those of you in the support or tank roles with more options. With these new aura items, we hope to see players employing even more diverse builds through the early and mid game.
    Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1768025
    Last edited by Jerov; 01-31-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    Messing around.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

no more armor reduction aura QQ

but if it's just cheap i might actually buy it for myself on kayle LMAO xD

only if it had some more hp or like armor/mr >.<

Page 3202 of 4290 FirstFirst ... 220227023102315231923200320132023203320432123252330237024202 ... LastLast