League of Legends [Discussion]

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

so is ziggs worth buying? i have the rp but i don't have that many of the recent 6300 champs so its a hard choice, i cant really base it on seeing him in game either since ive only seen 2 and they were both terrible.

also just finished a game, i usually have the view of its not the team its the player when people complain about losing but theres some shit you just cant carry, i went 6/0 on cait for most of the game, the kills at the end were 13/47 with their team having a troll karth i ended at like 7/4/6 or something, there are just some teams that simply aren't possible to carry.
    Last edited by tiger1526; 02-03-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

oh yeh he is fun if skill shots and bombs are your thing. his w is a really nifty escape tool if placed right. also with his passive if you get a lichbane it is uber smexy
    i basicly got him free with all the bonus rp riot has given out this year on a noob account i had. only really spent like 2$ of my own cash to get him.

EDIT: last time i had this fun on a champ was with brand

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Ziggs is my first full-price champ I bought. I've only played one real game with him(had a bots game first to get familiar with him) and he's a ton of fun. I really like his E. His W is hard to hit with because the radius is so small but it's a small knock on enemies and helps with enemies that are running away, kind of like a mini-fling. I think it's best used as an escape tool because of its cooldown though, unless you know you're not going to get attacked for awhile. Q eventually gets powerful enough to where you can push a lane very quickly.

His ult is just awesome. The radius is small if you're trying to bomb someone really far away because you have to account for travel time... and much like Pantheon's ult you can see the area it's going to hit(at least I think so, I haven't played against a Ziggs yet) well in advance if it's got a good travel distance to it. It should be totally dodged by any champ that has a dash though, and there's always the possibility of flash.

It's going to see the most use from bombing people that are running away from a fight with low health, or helping someone in another lane, and I think in that sense it's very OP. You think your safe behind your tower and the ult gets you while you're running back, no tower diving involved. Unless you've seen Ziggs ult and know it's on a cooldown, recalling anywhere near him after he's seen you and he's seen you at low health is going to be extremely risky when playing against him. Pantheon's got a similar ult but Pantheon himself comes into the blast zone. GP's got a similar ult but it doesn't do a whole lot of damage so it's not going to get a kill like that unless you're literally at a sliver of health.

It's not a bad ult to use if you're in a team fight and the enemies are grouped up in general. It's not like its only purpose is to snipe runners, at its center it does 500 base magic damage at max rank and if you're using it up close like that you really can't escape it unless you're near the edge of the blast zone as soon as it appears. Annie with a queued stun and catching folks with Tibbers, or Amumu's AoE root, or Galio's ult are very good setups for this.

The gank potential on the ult is very high as well, you can open with the ult at a safe distance, run in from behind and leave your E and W to delay someone from running away due to the sizable chunk of health they just lost.

Luckily the cooldown is fairly large on it, you're looking 2 minutes at its first rank(when it's at its deadliest probably) and a minute and a half at its last rank.
    Now Playing: Mission Against Terror, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, League of Legends, Minecraft, and the piano. =3

Visit my fail Youtube channel(don't leave me nasty messages!): http://www.youtube.com/user/Mirii471

probably going to end up buying him, brand is one of my favorite champions just because of the skill shots i think i might wait until the free week and the sales to change just to be sure though

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 76

Ziggs is great, Played about 20 games with him now, havnt ever fed once.

Love his Q for spamming, his W doesnt even need to be used in a fight, you can just used it to blow them to you if they run or blow yourself over a wall to juke, his E can be devastating tied in with his combo, and his R, well... who doesn't love throwing a flying nunu ult across the map?

Just charge at them, drop your mine field behind them, hit your Q, ult if they run. GG

I just start with Boots x3, then 2 dorans rings, sorc shoes, Deathcap, WoTA, Rylias, Void if needed, always seems to work well =D
    Last edited by Mystryx; 02-03-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    League of Legends US - IGN ForceModified
    Steam - mystryx1

bought him and loving him so far easily turning into being one of my favorite champions i have been building dorans > boots > dorans > sorc shoes > deathcap > morello's and so far its been working perfectly, i don't know what the hell people who say he has mana issues are talking about that was like one of my only fears before buying him and i have yet to have any problem with my mana early game, i don't spam q though only use it to harass.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

The people who say he has mana issues are the ones who dont auto attack for last hits, but spam spells for them. He is truly challenging though because his spells are tough to hit but are rewarding and you have to HAVE to know how to position yourself in team fights so you dont get melted like butter. I always put a W infront of me in team fights just in case i am all the sudden targeted. I tried Lichbane on him earlier it was pretty funny taking down sejuani with an auto attack. He might be doing a bit too much damage but when the skill requirement to play him well is so high that imo it balances it out.

ON my lowbie acc ign Bukenji
    Last edited by Redonkulous; 02-03-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 86

lol a feeder ziggs on my team suddenly deals 1000 damage with his ult.

GG

Arri's Animal Reputation: 116
    Australia, In the Outback, With Your Dingo's

Oh Ziggs how i look forward to your nerf so everyone will stop playing him and it shall be great fun
    OM NOM NOM NOM

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

so tried Viktor up top today. have to agree with the others about the Q & W buffs, made him feel much better now. just wish Riot also kept the additional ult damage buff ;_;.

speaking of Viktor, looks like he got a hold of Yi. Dat new skin.
    Messing around.

Page 3217 of 4296 FirstFirst ... 221727173117316732073215321632173218321932273267331737174217 ... LastLast