League of Legends [Discussion]

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 15

On the topic of Morde I think Leblanc counters him hard enough. QW and his shield goes bye bye a long with a few hundred hp, do this 3 times and he's out of the lane.

As far as boots Vs dorans go I normally take dorans unless i'm playing a skill shot based mid like Cass, on Ziggs i'd prolly go boots since he has to set up so many of his skills.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 116
    Australia, In the Outback, With Your Dingo's

Quote Originally Posted by xWalrus View Post
    Ziggs has no hard cc and sustain at all. Having boots for mobility and three health potions is way better than 100 flat hp and a bit of AP and MRegen/5.
    You say that but if you're getting hit and not keeping people at bay with a Q > E > W Spam then you deserve to die
    OM NOM NOM NOM

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 17

just played with a ziggs that had doran ring.. he failed so ****ing hard at mid

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 61

Even with a Doran's Ring, if you keep spamming Q and E, you'll still run out of mana. Which is why having mobility and potential HP from the pots is better. You're going to get a Blue Buff at around 7-8 minutes anyways.
    rageBanana - League of Legends

Arri's Animal Reputation: 116
    Australia, In the Outback, With Your Dingo's

Quote Originally Posted by xWalrus View Post
    Even with a Doran's Ring, if you keep spamming Q and E, you'll still run out of mana. Which is why having mobility and potential HP from the pots is better. You're going to get a Blue Buff at around 7-8 minutes anyways.
    Dorans > Boots > rabadons
    Ghost > Clarity

I've never lost a mid game ~.~ so im not sure what ziggs fails mid if they're struggling so much

Quote Originally Posted by FearMe View Post
    just played with a ziggs that had doran ring.. he failed so ****ing hard at mid
    Or he could just in general be a terrible ziggs like 95% of them? - That being said to each there own, we play as we do as as we want I play a MP/5 Optimal build, people play a different build of speed to ensure life well i ensure people stay the **** away from me
    Last edited by Zilo; 02-06-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    OM NOM NOM NOM

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

The only time you should grab boots + pots first as a AP mid is if you're opponent is a skill shot heavy champion. (example: Your opponent is Ahri) Even then, it depends on your champion of choice, Morgana for example I feel can easily get away with dorans against skill shot champs.

Doran for everything else, the benefits for a low cost item like that are just to good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Quote Originally Posted by baukara View Post
    On the topic of Morde I think Leblanc counters him hard enough. QW and his shield goes bye bye a long with a few hundred hp, do this 3 times and he's out of the lane.
    maybe, leblanc is a extremely rare pick though and for the most part at level 6 a q+e and ult, ignite would definitely kill her that being said she would probably **** your farming up a bit, i don't think it would be too much of a issue though ap morde should be able to go toe to toe with leblanc burst wise early game.

@ziggs and boots/doran's, i hate seeing arguments about what is best to start with the correct answer is either or neither, starting items should ALWAYS be picked to counter who you are laneing against so there is no possible correct item, on ziggs against a high mobility/skill shot champion boots and pots are pretty much required, zilean comes to mind simply because he will out lane a ziggs and if you get stuck against him and if he is at all decent you will never land your q anyways so the ap is useless and you might as well go for sustain to stay in your lane for cs, but for the majority of the time double dorans or GSO.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29

Every mid should get boots/pots unless you're certain you can win the lane, in which case it doesn't even matter what you get

It's not like you can't back for a big ring or 3 at any time

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by baukara View Post
    She only counters him early game, the best "hard" counters for Mordekaiser are dot based champions such as Teemo & Cassiopeia or anyone with a silence.

Boots + 3 pots strategy is viable on anyone, but it's effectiveness will differ based on the champion you play and your opponent.

In regards to mid, I'll run it if I'm playing someone like Annie or Swain.

However in saying that you can pretty much start with anything and be fine if you know how to play.
    Last edited by olaph; 02-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Only AP mid I don't get boots + 3 pots for is morg

You don't need the extra mana regen if you can land your skillshots

Runes and masteries should provide enough of that anyway
    Last edited by SonicCebalo; 02-06-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Page 3226 of 4293 FirstFirst ... 222627263126317632163224322532263227322832363276332637264226 ... LastLast