League of Legends [Discussion]

  1. #32271
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59
    Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where the awesome is
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Trondamere too stronk
    Ahri too fed

    OrbitalDropKick's threads are good for a couple laughs, especially the one about Ahri. Do read through them a bit for his responses to others comments. Allways gets me.

    And the comics too good.


    Ziggs super OP yo fo sho ma ho.
    Last edited by Arcon; 02-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.

  2. #32272
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29
    lolRawrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bhava-agra
    Posts
    1,280
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    holy shit mundo is back

    jungle mundo is true terror

  3. #32273
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    With the Smurfs
    Posts
    11,564
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolRawrrr View Post
    holy shit mundo is back

    jungle mundo is true terror
    And yet so many people have no idea!

  4. #32274
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Movement speed is a overpowered and flawed mechanic in the current meta.

    Stop being so ignorant and actually think about it. Theorycraft a bit. Early game if you don't have any type of slow (even stuns work work unless you have a jungler waiting to gank) the enemy will get away. Do you have any idea how good Teemo is right now? With MSQs and his W he can just kite you to death. If your Yi, Irelia, or anyone with a dash he Q's you, hits you once and runs. And he will almost always get away, unless he gets perma slowed.

    Why are AoE slows like Lee Sins E so strong? Why is Nunu considered a strong and viable pick? Nasus's witter, etc. Because they can basically perma slow you. If you get perma slowed there is no way you are getting away. If you get stunned, you take some damage and if you have more movement speed then the enemy then you'll get away.

  5. #32275
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59
    Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where the awesome is
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolRawrrr View Post
    holy shit mundo is back

    jungle mundo is true terror
    I heard something about spellvamp quints and starting with WQW.

    No idea how that works out, but apparently it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle tier list RoG
    Dr Mundo - Why the incredible leap? Well his technology has been discovered and it's SPELL VAMP. The simple use of Spell Vamp quints have nullified a vast majority of his issues (sustain) and made him a really scary guy to duel (even moreso). I had a video uploaded with him using E to jungle and vampiric scepter - but that was because I believed it was the best build for him to go since cloth armor is a waste on him. Using his W makes him go faster but devastates his sustain unless he goes cloth armor. Now with spell vamp runes you can use W and go BOOTS which is superior to both items and gives him more versatility. His ganking is still pretty clutch but it is likely favored to be using him as an invader/duelist and use your god speed to farm and harass.
    **information from stonewall008, while some would speak against him, he does have good jungle experience**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rales6 View Post
    Movement speed is a overpowered and flawed mechanic in the current meta.

    Stop being so ignorant and actually think about it. Theorycraft a bit. Early game if you don't have any type of slow (even stuns work work unless you have a jungler waiting to gank) the enemy will get away. Do you have any idea how good Teemo is right now? With MSQs and his W he can just kite you to death. If your Yi, Irelia, or anyone with a dash he Q's you, hits you once and runs. And he will almost always get away, unless he gets perma slowed.

    Why are AoE slows like Lee Sins E so strong? Why is Nunu considered a strong and viable pick? Nasus's witter, etc. Because they can basically perma slow you. If you get perma slowed there is no way you are getting away. If you get stunned, you take some damage and if you have more movement speed then the enemy then you'll get away.
    While I think calling it owerpowered/flawed mechanic is a bit harsh, I do see your point, to a degree.

    Skarner is the biggest villain in this though if you're gonna talk about permaslows, since he's the only champion in the game where that's actually possible, without investing into full CDR of course. And it's AoE, so that makes it even better. On top of this he does have a speedboost, so I think using Skarner would be better to drive your argument since he embodies both sides of the issue.

    And certain items do make a big impact on those things as well. Frozen mallet lets you stick on your target without them having any means of escaping unless they can dash/blink/flash over a wall or something. And Shurelia's reverie boosts movespeed to your entire team, letting you engage with little effort, and it can let you escape an engagement as well.


    Just some ramblings of a deranged lunatic.
    Last edited by Arcon; 02-07-2012 at 01:42 PM.

  6. #32276
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    5,711
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Nunu can rush dragon and solo it after a successful gank prior to level 6. Ashe can also perma slow. I'd like to see how spell vamp W>Q>W mundo works... I'll take heal and smite for a test-run against bots.

    Yeah Shurelya's is now the first item I complete on support (after 2 or 3 gp5s). I get it before finishing boots.

    EDIT: OMG JUNGLE MUNDO!!
    Last edited by Phenoca; 02-07-2012 at 02:08 PM.

  7. #32277
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 65

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,985
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'm definitely nowhere near being a pro, nor am I good by any stretch, but the movement speed quints are getting annoying as more and more people get them. In a chase situation, I'm finding myself generally unable to finish many opponents off, especially in dominion because I simply cannot catch them.

    There was one game where I literally could not catch someone even though I had fully upgraded boots + a zeal while they merely had boots just because of runes and differences in base move speed (this one was really confusing honestly, my entire team had a collective wtf moment).
    Last edited by Aimee; 02-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    (`*.(`*.( `*. .* ).* ).* )
    Even a chance meeting is the fate of a previous life.
    (.*(.*( .* `*. )`*. )`*. )

  8. #32278
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    The same can be said about any skill shot champion, you know being that you have to have some form of skill to use them effectively.
    Yeah but there's a reason why Ahri isn't a tournament champion.
    It's way too unreliable.

  9. #32279
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59
    Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where the awesome is
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Yeah but there's a reason why Ahri isn't a tournament champion.
    It's way too unreliable.
    I do recall seeing Ahri being picked in one of the most recent tournaments, and I think she did help them win the game.

    Really the only champs that are not "tournament-viable" are the stealth champs, most others can be used with their strengths. Of course there are exceptions, most notably for me would be Viktor right now, and possibly Volibear. I think I've seen almost all champions in a tournament match at one time or another.


    Looked through the champion roster and here're the champs I've never seen played in any tournie style play: Evelynn, Karma, Kayle, Master yi, Sejuani(newchamp), Twitch, Viktor, Volibear, Ziggs(newchamp). New champ = too recent for people to actually use/form opinion wether good or not, so they won't use in tournaments.

    That's only like 10% of the champions that have never seen play, which isn't that bad imo.

    And this is only from what I've seen, though I've followed the competetive scene for some time now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    I'm definitely nowhere near being a pro, nor am I good by any stretch, but the movement speed quints are getting annoying as more and more people get them. In a chase situation, I'm finding myself generally unable to finish many opponents off, especially in dominion because I simply cannot catch them.

    There was one game where I literally could not catch someone even though I had fully upgraded boots + a zeal while they merely had boots just because of runes and differences in base move speed (this one was really confusing honestly, my entire team had a collective wtf moment).
    Those moments allways confuddle me. At which point I just BUY MOAR ZEALS.
    And it's also why I love frozen mallet on all my tanky derps, rushing it gives such a big impact on the game once you got it finished.
    Last edited by Arcon; 02-07-2012 at 02:38 PM.

  10. #32280
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120
    tiger1526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rales6 View Post
    Movement speed is a overpowered and flawed mechanic in the current meta.

    Stop being so ignorant and actually think about it. Theorycraft a bit. Early game if you don't have any type of slow (even stuns work work unless you have a jungler waiting to gank) the enemy will get away. Do you have any idea how good Teemo is right now? With MSQs and his W he can just kite you to death. If your Yi, Irelia, or anyone with a dash he Q's you, hits you once and runs. And he will almost always get away, unless he gets perma slowed.

    Why are AoE slows like Lee Sins E so strong? Why is Nunu considered a strong and viable pick? Nasus's witter, etc. Because they can basically perma slow you. If you get perma slowed there is no way you are getting away. If you get stunned, you take some damage and if you have more movement speed then the enemy then you'll get away.
    i don't see the problem with it, if the game was about 1v1 then yeah there would be a issue but it simply is not, things like movement speed have to exist to give another dynamic to creating a team comp, which is why not all champions have a slow and that is the way it should stay, you're playing with 4 other people if our of the 4 of you none of your picks have a slow the enemy deserves to get away.

Page 3228 of 4290 FirstFirst ... 222827283128317832183226322732283229323032383278332837284228 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •