League of Legends [Discussion]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Well i really hope my input the other day didn't stir up this... i was just stating that people's dislike for foreigners in game is not solely a blind process. Certainly didn't want to advocate blaming them for everything =|

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Hmmm.....so, I'm debating between Irelia or Rumble if the next champion does not interest me, which of the two do you guys prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 51

Semifinals Dignitas vs aAa Game 1 [ Part 1 ] - http://goo.gl/UXyqi
    Semifinals Dignitas vs aAa Game 1 [ Part 2 ] - http://goo.gl/KV5sw
    Semifinals CLG vs M5 Game 1 [ Part 1 ] - http://goo.gl/Wf3ZT
    Semifinals CLG vs M5 Game 1 [ Part 2 ] - http://goo.gl/qJjVE
    For League of Legends Latest And Most Recent News Like Us At- > Leaguecraft Fan Page

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

Quote Originally Posted by lolRawrrr View Post
    No, q dodging because someone's name sounds remotely foreign is. Besides most foreigners still understand a lot of English terms, I play on Chinese and Korean servers regularly where people understand mia, drag, etc, and I've won ranked games without being able to communicate in chat whatsoever. Pings are pretty universal.

Also the general message people here seem to be conveying is that foreign players are just bad, rather than the lack of communication it may present

I do...?
    Then you'd probably know how important communication is in a team-oriented game especially LoL. Sure even foreign players know what elo, bot, mid, top, mi(ss)/mia, dragon, baron mean but the lack of communication causes losses in the champion selection screen. People who can't speak english tend to pick with the "IDC-attitude" a.k.a "insta-lock teemo" and that's what really causes game to start with _very_ unfavourable odds. Sure I've won games with completely screwed up picks (since there's no point in in queue dodge as it gives -ELO) but it hasn't been because we played a good team effort, it's usually someone getting massive feeds and the opposing team just being horrible. For "nordic" server the issue is with PL/CZE/SVK/RUS but it's not their nationalities that make them bad, it's the lack of communication(= not knowing english).

"Pings being universal" is the biggest bucket of BS I've seen in awhile. Ping is extremely important in LoL and it surely isn't same for US/EU/Asian servers. Truth to be told a good player gets hurt by ping a lot easier than a bad player.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59

Oh Nautilus, you so silly.

Champions with 5 ways of keeping someone locked down/keeping someone off your carry seems completely balanced.

I love him so much

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Then you'd probably know how important communication is in a team-oriented game especially LoL. Sure even foreign players know what elo, bot, mid, top, mi(ss)/mia, dragon, baron mean but the lack of communication causes losses in the champion selection screen. People who can't speak english tend to pick with the "IDC-attitude" a.k.a "insta-lock teemo" and that's what really causes game to start with _very_ unfavourable odds. Sure I've won games with completely screwed up picks (since there's no point in in queue dodge as it gives -ELO) but it hasn't been because we played a good team effort, it's usually someone getting massive feeds and the opposing team just being horrible. For "nordic" server the issue is with PL/CZE/SVK/RUS but it's not their nationalities that make them bad, it's the lack of communication(= not knowing english).

"Pings being universal" is the biggest bucket of BS I've seen in awhile. Ping is extremely important in LoL and it surely isn't same for US/EU/Asian servers. Truth to be told a good player gets hurt by ping a lot easier than a bad player.
    Sounds more like a low elo thing and not really a lack of communication, like I said I can play on Chinese and korean servers without knowing anything about the language and it doesn't make a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by lolRawrrr View Post
    Sounds more like a low elo thing and not really a lack of communication, like I said I can play on Chinese and korean servers without knowing anything about the language and it doesn't make a huge difference
    I feel sorry for the asians.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

hmmmm.....kind of surprised there is no info on the next champ yet. Wonder if it's being delayed for a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    hmmmm.....kind of surprised there is no info on the next champ yet. Wonder if it's being delayed for a week?
    Maybe they are extra careful after the Fiora shebang :j

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 59

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    I think there was a 1 week delay last time there was a big tournie too. Not necessarily related.

But sneak peaks generally come at thursday-friday so I'm expecting a delay, and hope for a pleasant surprise instead.

Had a jungle mundo on my team, he started blue, but gave it to me at lvl 1.

Viktor with infinitely spammable Q will shit on any lane. Then again so would many others, but his Q damage is so stronk!

Page 3325 of 4295 FirstFirst ... 23252825322532753315332333243325332633273335337534253825 ... LastLast