League of Legends [Discussion]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Barrier is not meant to mitigate initial damage. Barrier is supposed to be used in key moments where it could change the tide of the battle, be it your last 1 HP you are holding dearly or buy enough time to get all the skills off cooldown. You people are missing the point of the spell. Anything longer than 2s of duration will render it even more useless than it is now.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Barrier is not meant to mitigate initial damage. Barrier is supposed to be used in key moments where it could change the tide of the battle, be it your last 1 HP you are holding dearly or buy enough time to get all the skills off cooldown. You people are missing the point of the spell. Anything longer than 2s of duration will render it even more useless than it is now.
    that doesn't even make sense

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Ok, so FeralPony finally dropped word on a true gold income mastery for supports that's not an item. And for aggressive supports out there (or if you're an ADC named Draaaven, Varus, MF, or Caitlyn, or hell just about anyone, even non-ADCs), you're gonna love it. Quote:

We won't be doing Synergy as there are a few issues with it that Morello talked about in a previous post. Most of the gold pressure reduction is going to be outside the mastery changes through a number of smaller adjustments (gold flow changes, items like the Sight Stone Xypherous revealed earlier etc).

The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
    and:

Good point! Currently we have different gold amounts for Ranged and Melee champions, and we'll continue to adjust these values as needed. We want to reward melee champions for the additional risk they take in any engagement from this mastery
    Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post31368326

Edit: Mighty Xyph brings more item news, this time the new Tiamat, and its upgrade! Quote:

Hello again Summoners. Continuing from my initial discussion here of upcoming itemization changes for the preseason, I’d like to talk about a current item to which we’re making changes, as well as its new and exciting upgrade.

It’s Tuesday. You know what’s coming.

Quote:
    Tiamat

(Melee Only)
    +50 Attack Damage
    +15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
    UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target – decaying down to 20% near the edge.
    UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you – decaying down to 60% near the edge – 10 second cooldown.

For a very long time, Tiamat has been sitting in this quasi-state of ‘Is this a good item? Is this a terrible item?’ No longer. We’ve cleaned up Tiamat to be far more streamlined in the new item set, giving it a larger cleave range (at the cost of reduced damage near the edge) and greater synergy with other items by removing the restriction of dealing damage based on the damage of the original attack.

So what’s different?

1. It has a Unique Passive. Tiamats no longer stack to form odd cases where you deal more damage to a secondary target than the primary target.
    2. Tiamat no longer cares about the damage you deal with your main attack; thus, Tiamat procs don’t need you to itemize heavy critical strike in order to take advantage of dealing crazy damage. You will always deal a set amount of splash damage based on your Attack Damage.
    3. It has a short-cooldown active that allows you to perform a stronger version of the passive Cleave at any time.
    4. It is Melee Only, meaning it is no longer a trap item on ranged characters. The active and passive components will literally turn off and be unusable for ranged characters, with the same effect kicking in for dual form characters such as Jayce or Nidalee when they’re in ranged form.
    5. It has a much larger cleave radius, at the expense of damage falloff.
    6. It no longer has mana regeneration.
    7. It has an upgrade.

Let’s examine how this might affect your use of Tiamat:

1. It lets you clear minion waves more quickly

Having a larger passive cleave and an active cleave allows melee fighters or carries who pick up Tiamat to farm waves more efficiently, granting decent wave-clear ability to characters who lack it. Characters like Poppy, for example, can now clear a wave with Tiamat in a relatively short amount of time through a combination of passive and active procs.

2. It makes your burst combo more flexible

Having the active Crescent ability means an additional AoE physical spell that you can weave in to your burst combos. A Riven, for example, might take the time to use the Crescent active in between her dashes – while a Fiora would want to use Crescent as soon as she descends upon a target with Lunge.

3. It can be used effectively by a wider variety of characters and be useful in more situations

Being built out of high Health Regeneration and Attack Damage gives Tiamat a very smooth build up path for the early game. With the ability to itemize both heavy regeneration and attack damage early in the game you can gain a very strong staying presence in lane.

The Upgrade

Ravenous Hydra

(Melee Only)
    +75 Attack Damage
    +15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
    +10% Life Steal
    Passive: Damage dealt by this item works with Life Steal.
    UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target – decaying down to 20% near the edge.
    UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you – decaying down to 60% near the edge – 10 second cooldown.

Introducing Ravenous Hydra, a life steal upgrade for Tiamat. While it doesn’t enhance any of the damaging aspects of Tiamat, Ravenous Hydra allows you to drain from surrounding enemies via your life steal statistic. This can grant melee fighters incredible staying power when outnumbered or assaulting the front lines. While Hydra won’t decimate teams on its own without a huge amount of Attack Damage, the combination of the active ability and life steal will allow experienced players to gain a burst of healing by using Crescent to attack and drain multiple enemy champions.

But wait! I’m a Ranged Carry type of player. What do I get in order to do AoE damage?

Stay Tuned.

-Xypherous
    Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post31378109
    Last edited by Jerov; 11-14-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    Messing around.

42 Reputation: 18

Pretty pumped for the new item changes coming in S3. Anyways anyone jumped right into preseason ranked yet?

Also add me if you ever need someone to play with on NA. Summoner name is Don
    Currently playing League of Legends. Summoner name : Don

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Rofl, looks like a good item if I were to get it on tanky champs.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Got Zed today. If anyone is up for some games tonight I'm pulling a halfway all nighter at least until 3-4am EST. My IGN is in my siggy.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256

so, tiamat just got turned into battlefury, awesome.

my god, never playing ranked at this hour again. thought i could get 10 straight wins, but ofcourse i start losing after 5. qq
    Last edited by Candyholic; 11-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.

thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    so, tiamat just got turned into battlefury, awesome.

my god, never playing ranked at this hour again. thought i could get 10 straight wins, but ofcourse i start losing after 5. qq
    Yeah the early hours are such a gamble, i feel you there Candy.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Ranged on-hitters are going to like the AoE item for them. Quote:

Hey guys. If you haven’t already, check out my initial post about the itemization changes you’ll be seeing during the preseason. Today I thought I’d reveal a new item we can’t wait for you to get your hands on.

Ranged Carries traditionally have had the role of completely and utterly dominating a single target through high-capacity damage. However, many of our AD carries also have a substantial amount of Area of Effect damage that they currently are unable to specialize into. This leads them to an interesting paradox – I am a carry with strong Area of Effect damage, but I must itemize single target damage to stay relevant.

What if we could give you an alternative?

Quote:
    Runaan’s Hurricane

(Ranged Only)
    +60% Attack Speed
    UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing (50% of Total Attack Damage) physical damage. These apply on-hit effects.

First of all, let’s examine what this item actually does:

Hurricane allows your ranged basic attacks to fire secondary bolts at nearby targets. These bolts cannot critically strike but can trigger your other on-hit effects, such as Varus’ Blighted Quiver in the above example. This allows characters like Varus or Miss Fortune, already strong Area of Effect damage dealers, to specialize into Area of Effect damage if they’d like to do so.

Let’s delve further into specifics:

1. Hurricane triggers each time you attack.
    2. Hurricane is not an on-hit proc, nor does it trigger off of spells or abilities like Mystic Shot or Double Up that apply on-hit effects.
    3. Hurricane deals 50% of your total attack damage.
    4. Hurricane applies the full effect of on-hit effects with each bolt.

Taking this further, let’s explore how Hurricane interacts with various champion abilities:

Varus – Applies Blighted Quiver on everyone hit, which can then get triggered by his other spells.
    Caitlyn – Gains one stack of Headshot for each target hit. Fires Headshot only at the primary target.
    Graves – Reduces the cooldown of Quickdraw for 2 seconds for each target hit.
    Miss Fortune – Applies and stacks Impure Shots on every target hit. Activating Impure Shots will apply Grievous wounds to every target hit.

Champions that synergize poorly with Hurricane would be:

Ezreal – Doesn’t really have any effects that synergize with Hurricane.
    Vayne – Silver bolts only applies on the primary target and requires consecutive hits to proc, thus Hurricane is mostly wasted.

We hope that Hurricane opens up some interesting build paths for AD carries looking to specialize in area of effect damage. While Hurricane certainly isn’t for every ranged character, we do hope that Hurricane allows carries to diverge from the standard path of single target damage in favor of a more AoE centric build they can use to gun down multiple opponents at the same time.

-Xypherous
    Link: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=922361
    Messing around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Jerov View Post
    Ranged on-hitters are going to like the AoE item for them. Quote:

Link: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=922361
    Was just about to link this myself.
    Varus the wave clearer, incoming!

Page 3729 of 4293 FirstFirst ... 27293229362936793719372737283729373037313739377938294229 ... LastLast