League of Legends [Discussion]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 97

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been playing for months now, but just mostly AI games. I've just tried out PvP, and I think I need some advice. I usually play Ahri (Mid) or Janna (Support).

As Ahri, is it better not to push the lane? I've been trying to get last-hits but not attacking minions otherwise, in order to be safer near the tower. But I was against an Akali and I had a lot of trouble staying alive. I'd heard of people talk about pushing the lane and roaming, but I have never done that. I do buy wards to help protect myself from ganks, but I've usually been killed even when near my own tower in seconds by the opposing mid.

Any advice on the roles of AP Mid/Supports, or in general would be appreciated. I've read guides on solomid/mobafire, but I feel I'm still missing something.

I am not comfortable with a lot of champions. Those I think I can play fairly well enough are:
    Top: Riven
    Mid: Ahri, Lux
    AD: Ashe
    Support: Janna, Sona
    I know nothing about how to jungle, so I haven't got any champions for that. Are these champions good enough in game? I do plan on learning more champions well (I have bought a bunch of others like Akali and Katarina, but I'm still terrible with them). I'm currently trying to focus more on learning the Mid/Support roles in PvP, as I mostly play Ahri/Lux/Janna.

I'm not thinking of stepping into Ranked or anything, but I'm trying to get into normal PvP and do alright. Any help would be greatly appreciated!~
    It's always good to learn new champs, even if just enough to know what they do, as to why having the free weeklies is so nice.
    As for ahri I tend to play her sly aggressive. Focusing on minion cs and pushing but saving my spells mostly for enemy champs. I will say though that you shouldn't be too bummed that akahli gave you a hard time as she is not easy to face.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    It's always good to learn new champs, even if just enough to know what they do, as to why having the free weeklies is so nice.
    As for ahri I tend to play her sly aggressive. Focusing on minion cs and pushing but saving my spells mostly for enemy champs. I will say though that you shouldn't be too bummed that akahli gave you a hard time as she is not easy to face.
    I have tried quite a lot of champions, but those I listed are the ones I find the easiest to play.

It sounds like I'm doing exactly what you're trying to do, but I don't exactly push the lane. I'm usually the one forced back near to tower. When I fought Akali, any damage I did with harassing was easily healed with her spell vamp =(

Another question, is support Lux viable? In my AI games I usually play her on bottom lane~

I have tried quite a lot of champions, but those I listed are the ones I find the easiest to play.

It sounds like I'm doing exactly what you're trying to do, but I don't exactly push the lane. I'm usually the one forced back near to tower. When I fought Akali, any damage I did with harassing was easily healed with her spell vamp =(

Another question, is support Lux viable? In my AI games I usually play her on bottom lane~
    It is but her potential, in my opinion, is best suited for APC.
    Also yeah, as i said Akahli isn't fun to face. She's a niche pick but when she fits SHE FITS HARD.
    It's also really hard to shut her down, being that she escapes easily.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Freezing lane in mid isn't as necessary as top lane or bot. Contrary to popular belief, pushing is not always bad. Getting pushed all the way to your tower as an AP mid is not beneficial because you can't last hit well and without blue buff or chalice, you won't be able to CS well. Secondly, while you're focusing hard to CS, enemy can just harass you at tower. The only optimal time to get your lane pushed to your tower is when your jungler is nearby and expecting a gank. Other than expecting a gank or at low health, getting pushed to your tower usually leaves you at a disadvantage. Always keep wards out if you're extending pass river or unless you know where enemy jungler is located.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

As Ahri, is it better not to push the lane? I've been trying to get last-hits but not attacking minions otherwise, in order to be safer near the tower. But I was against an Akali and I had a lot of trouble staying alive. I'd heard of people talk about pushing the lane and roaming, but I have never done that. I do buy wards to help protect myself from ganks, but I've usually been killed even when near my own tower in seconds by the opposing mid.

Any advice on the roles of AP Mid/Supports, or in general would be appreciated. I've read guides on solomid/mobafire, but I feel I'm still missing something.
    ew, vs AI.

you will always want to shove mid lane as much as possible so the enemy is pinned down and you are free to (take) wolves/wraiths/roam. ahri is one of the best roamers in the game because of her kit and she should utilize this as much as possible. wasting your ult in your own lane to get away from the enemy jungle gank is a potential double kill gone to waste.
    also, the best tip i can give is DO NOT DIE. even if you are behind in cs but haven't died a single time it doesn't matter, dying to the enemy player is what cause the snowball effect.
    sure, i can farm up 200+ ck at 20min and have two core items but if i haven't killed any lane or even my own lane, the advantage won't be as big.

katarina and akali are great solo q heroes (akali snowballs so ridiculously fast). for AD you might want to learn caitlyn, she seems to fit what you enjoy. great poke, range and early+midgame.
    also while lux support is viable, it is not as powerful as other supports since it's more of a niche pick compared to lulu/janna/sona.

there's a wolf in my heart

Sivir could also be a fun choice to consider, I myself really enjoy her playstyle.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 18

@M1nGs3N4yuk1

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to be more aggresive in future~

@Candyholic

I'm more of a casual gamer, so I started out with AI until I was mostly comfortable with playing the game. I'm trying to play PvP now though, cos my friends usually play that and I don't want to be a burden on their team when they invite mi~

I do try my best not to die, and I'll really keep it in mind.
    I have more problems playing Katarina and Akali cos they are melee, and I'm really not very good melee heroes. The only reason I think I'm not really bad at Riven is cos she has a nice shield and a lot of escape options with her triple jump. I recently bought Garen and thought he's really fun, but I'm not having an easy time against the AI so I doubt I should try him in PvP. This is kinda why I'm more interested in mid lane or support. AD carries have a tremendous amount of pressure, so I'll pick it up once I get to lane with someone I know.

Thanks for recommending Caitlyn to me, I'll definitely give her a look. I do like good range and being safe. With her traps and net, I hope it'll be good enough, it's probably much better than Ashe.

As for supports, I'm really excited for Nami. I'll be buying her as soon as she's available and try to main her instead of Janna as her kit is pretty similar and she has a heal~

As for Ahri, I'm kinda confused, after a Doran's Ring, do I get Hextech Revolver first, or build Rylais? It's hard for me to choose, both seems so important~

I've also thought about buying Teemo, his Cottontail skin is too cute for words. I've been really confused about his kit though, I've seen so many people build him in so many ways. If I get a jungler, I'm really eyeing Amumu, but I think that will be awhile off.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

As for supports, I'm really excited for Nami. I'll be buying her as soon as she's available and try to main her instead of Janna as her kit is pretty similar and she has a heal~

As for Ahri, I'm kinda confused, after a Doran's Ring, do I get Hextech Revolver first, or build Rylais? It's hard for me to choose, both seems so important~

I've also thought about buying Teemo, his Cottontail skin is too cute for words. I've been really confused about his kit though, I've seen so many people build him in so many ways. If I get a jungler, I'm really eyeing Amumu, but I think that will be awhile off.
    nami is going to be a great hero once she arrives, she'll also be able to be played as a utility mid, much like lux.

on ahri you either want a chalice into athene, or 2x dorans into straight rabadons. hextech is if you're really struggling in lane and cannot sustain with just your passive. for rylai, you only really want it if their entire team is full of gapclosers that you have to kite, otherwise rylai is a very expensive item for what it does.

teemo is pretty much the most hated hero in-game, but generally you will want to build him ap/as as that's what he scales the best with. stuff like nashors is great on him. he has a strong(one of the strongest) laning phases, but after that he really tapers off because he has little burst and mushrooms take a few seconds before they pop if you just put one down.

amumu is strong, but suffers from a very weak early game as he cannot duel incase they invade on him and he is very blue reliant. the best junglers currently would be skarner, nocturne and shyvana followed by dr.mundo, lee sin, maokai, amumu and hecarim.

there's a wolf in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    nami is going to be a great hero once she arrives, she'll also be able to be played as a utility mid, much like lux.

on ahri you either want a chalice into athene, or 2x dorans into straight rabadons. hextech is if you're really struggling in lane and cannot sustain with just your passive. for rylai, you only really want it if their entire team is full of gapclosers that you have to kite, otherwise rylai is a very expensive item for what it does.

teemo is pretty much the most hated hero in-game, but generally you will want to build him ap/as as that's what he scales the best with. stuff like nashors is great on him. he has a strong(one of the strongest) laning phases, but after that he really tapers off because he has little burst and mushrooms take a few seconds before they pop if you just put one down.

amumu is strong, but suffers from a very weak early game as he cannot duel incase they invade on him and he is very blue reliant. the best junglers currently would be skarner, nocturne and shyvana followed by dr.mundo, lee sin, maokai, amumu and hecarim.
    I'm gonna tac onto the nami bit and mention that her early laning phase mid is ASININE good.
    like "Holy shit wtf was that" good. Not sure about her mid game though as I haven't had a chance to face one who built right nor have I had the chance to play her mid myself.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    I'm gonna tac onto the nami bit and mention that her early laning phase mid is ASININE good.
    like "Holy shit wtf was that" good. Not sure about her mid game though as I haven't had a chance to face one who built right nor have I had the chance to play her mid myself.
    Glad to hear that. I have been looking forward to Nami since they announced her.

Page 3738 of 4281 FirstFirst ... 27383238363836883728373637373738373937403748378838384238 ... LastLast