League of Legends [Discussion]

  1. #41011
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    4,836
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikze View Post
    Leblanc, never tried that in ranked. Might as well give it a go.

    I do put on the "big boy pants" and when team listne its pretty much GG. Part of being a playmaker is, you need your team for you plays to work. When you got a smart team, its fun and everything works great, which i found out in silver 1, got matched with gold4/3 and those ppl tend to be so much better than silver 4.

    My second acc got droped to silver 2 from 1, by losing 2 matches in silver 1. Like how... won 1 game lost 2 in a row and demoted D=, i will get to gold soon =) and when i do, ill go straight to platinum if possible =)
    Yeah we've got a little under 3 months, I'm just shooting for gold honestly, that elise skin looks way more promising than the J4 and Janna ones.

  2. #41012
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,620
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    All right think me and my friend have a combo down we're gonna try, Quinn and Nami

    Now to hopefully begin the climb from unranked to gold today.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  3. #41013
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    4,836
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    SO dodging costs lp now?
    man.....
    As expected, that team flopped BUUUTTT my next game I got more lp than I lost, and damn it was fine team to boot.


    Also thanks to a fid gank at level 4, and again at my 9 (he was 8) I was bale to get ahead of yorick enough to win despite the counter. I just made sure to stay equal or above cs til I could get those ganks and then boom "rock solid". He still had me worried a few times though for sure, being that yorick is really strong counter to malph.
    had my adc runes (8atk, 6% lifesteal and armor+mr/lvl) and my support masteries. Started flask, ward, and a red pot. then got scepter, mana charm, and two beads. Finished my tiamat, got boots of speed, and finished my chalice. Finished hydra, then got warmogs and then we were just rolling forward at that point.

    And then I go and lose against gp as Xin *poker face*
    We lost hard though cause bot fed hard(our support fiddle *****ed and didnt buy wards, then just built straight ap)
    I lost my lane so hard though cause I underestimated minions and yeah went south from there.
    Last edited by Acreon; 08-31-2013 at 10:12 PM.

  4. #41014
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288
    Candyholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bel sverige
    Posts
    9,667
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikze View Post
    Leblanc, never tried that in ranked. Might as well give it a go.

    I do put on the "big boy pants" and when team listne its pretty much GG. Part of being a playmaker is, you need your team for you plays to work. When you got a smart team, its fun and everything works great, which i found out in silver 1, got matched with gold4/3 and those ppl tend to be so much better than silver 4.

    My second acc got droped to silver 2 from 1, by losing 2 matches in silver 1. Like how... won 1 game lost 2 in a row and demoted D=, i will get to gold soon =) and when i do, ill go straight to platinum if possible =)
    no.
    you don't need your team in silver.
    at all.
    gold players are not better than silver.
    platinum players are /barely/ better than silver.

    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

  5. #41015
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    4,836
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    no.
    you don't need your team in silver.
    at all.
    gold players are not better than silver.
    platinum players are /barely/ better than silver.
    I know what you mean but you make it sound like you can 1v5 and be fine, despite never being able to hold all 3 lane at once, or drag and buffs, etc.
    Like I know you mean that as long as the team can do their parts adequately, it can be carried. Just saying.


    On topic, I just had a game as lulu. Team was doing stupid well, we were 14-8 up a dragon and two towers, also stole their blue. Kept it up to having two inhibs down.
    Then they started throwing. I had to yell in my little girl voice
    Lulu: Stop chasing Kass, just peel for ashe **** that guy really, we're throwing here.
    Wukong: but he had 10 hp or so
    Lulu: I'D RATHER WE GET 4 KILLS AND MAYBE LOSE 1 PERSON THAN PLAY GRAB ASS WITH KASS WHILE WW AND VAYNE CHEW ON ME AND ASHE
    Ashe: yeah please listen to the midget

    They did, and we won the next team fight immediately. Kass lived, janna lived(barely) we lost lux and ashe had to back, kass tried to get to base but my w on udyr made him fly to their exposed nexus, we won right then.
    Tah-dah, TEAMWORK!

  6. #41016
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 5
    ZeroleTheUntamed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Slight off topic, but do you guys know of any ways to earn RP other than through referrals? The money itself isn't a problem for me, but I feel like slapping myself for shelving out money just for a skin (if they actively changed gameplay that'd be different). Anyway, is there a survey site or something like Swagbucks where you can redeem RP as a reward? I heard there was a credit card or something that was showing on the Internationals Tournament as a commercial, but I didn't see the details.

  7. #41017
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    4,836
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroleTheUntamed View Post
    Slight off topic, but do you guys know of any ways to earn RP other than through referrals? The money itself isn't a problem for me, but I feel like slapping myself for shelving out money just for a skin (if they actively changed gameplay that'd be different). Anyway, is there a survey site or something like Swagbucks where you can redeem RP as a reward? I heard there was a credit card or something that was showing on the Internationals Tournament as a commercial, but I didn't see the details.
    The credit card is an american express card. You get RP by using it, but have fn finding places that accept it besides walmart, airports, and hotels.

  8. #41018
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13
    kamikze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    466
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    no.
    you don't need your team in silver.
    at all.
    gold players are not better than silver.
    platinum players are /barely/ better than silver.
    i cannot believe what you are saying....

    The gold players i got teamed up with are better as in knowing how the game works and play accordingly, even if they are not individually high skilled its the map awareness and teamplay that made those gold matches fun. ( and i could carry with easy because of this )

    As said before, LoL is not a 1vs5 game. Sometimes when you get a small advantange you snowball and carry even though your team is retarded. But if the other team realizes who is the "carry" they will hunt them down so they win easily.
    If i have a team that listne after a lane is shut down, i make perma ganks on that lane to shut it down and open up a window to win the game.

    According to you, i should be in diamond...


  9. #41019
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13
    Invalid Apostle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Gold of today is the silver of 3-4 months ago.

    I'd say gold players are only a little bit better than silvers, it's definitely not in a class of its own.

  10. #41020
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    4,836
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    For those of you who haven't seen it, this is the new Sivir.

Page 4102 of 4295 FirstFirst ... 3102360240024052409241004101410241034104411241524202 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •