League of Legends [Discussion]

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Proxzor View Post
    Perhaps because I play a lot of ADC I need to find a decent active support? I don't know, perhaps this can help.
    I suppose you are on NA?

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Yeah same reason i decided to nut up and play ranked more haha. went from B2 40ish to silver 5 in...3 days? If I can stay on that progress level I should be able to gold in a matter of weeks.
    let's just hope our skills are good enough haha.
    It's not always just about skill level. Vision wars are extremely important, as well as prioritization of objectives (e.g. a tower is usually more valuable than a dragon, it's not worth fighting baron at all unless you are sure they can't contest). Making the right calls (e.g. when to pull out when attacking enemy base) make all the difference. If your team gets an early lead you need to play aggressive but cautious so as not to give them a chance to come back.

If your team has no clear shotcaller, think about stepping up to the plate if you have good game sense. If you can be more coordinated than the other team, it'll make up for any deficit in skill levels between your team and the enemy.

While I usually don't call objectives like which lane to push, which tower to take down, do dragon etc, I do ping for people to retreat whenever I find they are in a dangerous position. It saved my teammates multiple times. I'd say if you're able to help other people, either through leadership and shotcalling or map control, you should do so~

Anyway good luck to you two, Acreon and Proxzor. Hope you hit gold soon! If you two are on the same server you might want to try duoing together~

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    It's not always just about skill level. Vision wars are extremely important, as well as prioritization of objectives (e.g. a tower is usually more valuable than a dragon, it's not worth fighting baron at all unless you are sure they can't contest). Making the right calls (e.g. when to pull out when attacking enemy base) make all the difference. If your team gets an early lead you need to play aggressive but cautious so as not to give them a chance to come back.

If your team has no clear shotcaller, think about stepping up to the plate if you have good game sense. If you can be more coordinated than the other team, it'll make up for any deficit in skill levels between your team and the enemy.

While I usually don't call objectives like which lane to push, which tower to take down, do dragon etc, I do ping for people to retreat whenever I find they are in a dangerous position. It saved my teammates multiple times. I'd say if you're able to help other people, either through leadership and shotcalling or map control, you should do so~

Anyway good luck to you two, Acreon and Proxzor. Hope you hit gold soon! If you two are on the same server you might want to try duoing together~
    Yeah I ward no matter my position provided I can spot my team the gold. Hell, I've bought friggen sightstone on my Zac jungle once just so we'd have vision(we won that game to boot lol)
    I'm always watching objectives, always remind people when drag will be up for sure, when it's near i'm like "be ready" and generally I do my best to be the shot caller, or at least the reminder to the team of various things they may not be focused on at all times.

Think it comes from being support main, you probably know that feeling haha.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13

Finally! Only took them a few years but, yes!! Finally!

Now if only they can hurry up and integrate pause into ranked games.

Game Journalist Reputation: 67

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    By your post, you seem to say you are constantly carrying but the other 2 lanes feed. If you do well in lane, your support generally isn't the problem. They have to be decent otherwise you would never win lane as adc...
    I wouldnt say that I am constantly carrying, but I am almost doing really well, and I barely/never feed. It's just that I try to make people do objectives, but they just refuse to listen or not do them at all. If they don't want to do it by asking them, what more can I do? Getting mad on them is no solution, so yeah I find it hard to carry games as an ADC. Since I have played SC2 on a really high level, my kiting/lasthitting is really good, I almost always win my lane when it comes to last hitting creeps, and I might sound cocky but my kiting is really good as well. Its just that I find it really hard to carry teams as an adc, you cannot peel for them, and many just simply do not understand they need to peel for the ADC and protect them from some champions. No matter how good you can kite, once a tank is right in front of you, theres usually nothing much that you can do. I can play any role fine, and I usually have a flavour of the week that I play, I constantly switch and I think I know all lanes really well, I know I used to carry a lot as top lane, but its the lane I just simply like the least.

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    I suppose you are on NA?
    I'm on EUW.

Quote Originally Posted by baukara View Post
    Once I heard about the rewards (silver II) I pushed through all the way to gold II in about 2 weeks. Going to go for at least plat V before the end of the season.
    Yeah I want to get into plat before the season ends as well, what role did you play most to carry yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    youre clearly not pushing your advantage. lol.
    if you get as fed as you say, leave the lane.
    I try, but most of the time they either do not listen at all, or just get caught in the lategame, or make stupid plays like engaging a 4v5, chasing a support all the way into their jungle and they get caught. And people in this elo barely, and almost never really ward properly, 90% of the time baron is not warded after the 20min mark, and I stopped counting how many times I threw a game because no one wards baron. Yes I know, I can ward as well, but as an ADC my priority lies in other items, but I suppose I have no choice in this elo. Unfortunately though its also a lack of space problem, you only get 6 slots to buy items, it would be a waste to use one for wards as an ADC.
    Last edited by Proxzor; 09-05-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

@Proxzor

Everyone goes through the same problems. There's always going to be teammates who don't listen, and do retarded things. However, as long as you are constantly performing, you'll have a better chance at winning as the enemy will have more people who may do retarded things (5 vs 4 on your team). If you're saying it's always just your teammates making you lose, you're not accepting responsibility for losses and won't rise. You have to remember that the enemy is also similar in skill level to your teammates and will make the same stupid mistakes. Take advantage of them!

There's always something you can improve on in game. A tank should never get to you straightaway in a teamfight. If they do, you're simply not far enough back. If you know your team will not peel for you well, you have to play alot more cautious and build to kill tanks (Last Whisper, Botrk, etc). If you're fed, you should be able to kill them no problem~~

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

Prox bebeh.

If you help me get to lvl 30, i can duo with you.

Mainly Jungle, had to do some serious Support, can do some decent solo top and AD carry fine.
    Was Gold before.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29

what happens when ur games get featured...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thats a pretty nice skin.

Also Garen's getting the next VU, neat. http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/4955

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

just started to play again with my old beta account.

add me!

kosuke

Page 4105 of 4294 FirstFirst ... 3105360540054055409541034104410541064107411541554205 ... LastLast