League of Legends [Discussion]

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

2/5 champs ranged? That's a stupid team comp. also I am not jus talking about ranged or melee. Let's go through the criteria of getting past the wall and actually contributing. 1: tanky, 2: melee, 3: self-dash that doesn't rely on a projectile to hit. How many champs have these criteria, AND good damage?

I also feel that jinx w is huge. And of course any good melee carry worth his salt will play somewhat like an assassin. Pick a good time to go in otherwise he would get bursted down without doing anything. It's relatively simple to counter him, just CC and blow him up if he decides to go straight for your carry.

Why am I not complaining about his damage? He is a melee carry. That's what he is supposed to do. And it will be interesting to have a good melee carry for once. What I am concerned with, however. Is his wall as it can be extremely disruptive.

If you want to keep thinking the way you do, go ahead. Wait till people test him out. He is not unstoppable by any means. I do think he is very strong kit-wise, but I feel that good use of his wall will separate the bad Yasuos from the good Yasuos, as it can single- handedly win teamfights if placed correctly . Because unlike what you think, ad carries and mids usually do the most damage. And from range.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 32

his wall is gonna be fine
    it has so much counterplay. just step to the side. wow, you are no longer blocked
    "but I'm fighting in a narrow pathway and can't!"
    then don't fight there? that's like fighting Rumble in a narrow pathway. you deserve to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Because unlike what you think, ad carries and mids usually do the most damage. And from range.
    well, half the ranged champs I like don't even care about his wall. Like Annie. Only Q blocked. Wall not gonna save you from bears. And Malz. He doesn't give a damn at all.
    Last edited by reikken; 11-25-2013 at 02:51 AM. Reason: added quote and reply

Quote Originally Posted by reikken View Post
    his wall is gonna be fine
    it has so much counterplay. just step to the side. wow, you are no longer blocked
    "but I'm fighting in a narrow pathway and can't!"
    then don't fight there? that's like fighting Rumble in a narrow pathway. you deserve to lose

well, half the ranged champs I like don't even care about his wall. Like Annie. Only Q blocked. Wall not gonna save you from bears. And Malz. He doesn't give a damn at all.
    Step to the side, perfectly viable alternative which takes you 2-3s while the enemy is still able to attack. You need to move quite a lot to be able to angle shots past the wall from range if the enemy is anywhere near the wall. Also don't fight? Sure, better never defend tier 2 turrets then, lanes too straight.

Also, yay 2 champs YOU LIKE don't get affected much, so you are happy. Meanwhile, lots of popular characters who rely a lot on missiles get shafted, but it's ok since you don't play them?

Olpah's Object Reputation: 83

Step to the side, perfectly viable alternative which takes you 2-3s while the enemy is still able to attack. You need to move quite a lot to be able to angle shots past the wall from range if the enemy is anywhere near the wall. Also don't fight? Sure, better never defend tier 2 turrets then, lanes too straight.

Also, yay 2 champs YOU LIKE don't get affected much, so you are happy. Meanwhile, lots of popular characters who rely a lot on missiles get shafted, but it's ok since you don't play them?
    I'd take his thoughts with a grain of salt, especially at the champions he uses that no one really cares.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

After 50 minutes of fighting i finally get a grab on AD carry...

but ofcourse Jax decided to go top and so we lost.

Also got demoted. Welp.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 225

these people talking about yasuo are like, bronze elo. ignore them, senna.

there's a wolf in my heart

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 13

If you want to keep thinking the way you do, go ahead. Wait till people test him out. He is not unstoppable by any means. I do think he is very strong kit-wise, but I feel that good use of his wall will separate the bad Yasuos from the good Yasuos, as it can single- handedly win teamfights if placed correctly . Because unlike what you think, ad carries and mids usually do the most damage. And from range.
    It's funny cause you didnt even know how his other abilities worked, you were only focused on his Wall. Have you even played him on PBE? Doubtful.

Anything more than 2/5 or 3/5 ranged champs is a stupid team comp. Especially knowing if they're gonna pick Yasuo.

Seperate good and bad Yasuo's? Yes that's pretty much what I said about clutch use.

He's an assassin with higher mobility and better CC than most others of his role.

Obviously he's not unstoppable, you were the only one making him seem that way with his Wall.

Let's see, popular mid picks that can bypass Yasuo's Wall(temfight wise):
    Kass, Fizz, Zed, Lissandra, Swain, Annie, Zyra, Kat, Cass, Karthus

Those that will be screwed by his Wall:
    Ahri, Gragas, Ziggs, Lux(not ult), Nidalee(just spears), Orianna(she can still shield+ult tank), Syndra, TF,

Other mids can fit into both categories depending on how they engage/use their abilities.
    Obviously he can mess with all, if not most ADCs. But ADCs are suposed to have be positioning around all the time, so not that huge of a counter(damage wise).

Now then, Tops/Tanks/Junglers/Initiators that can bypass his Wall:
    Aatrox, Cho, Hecarim, Jarvan, Jax, Kennen, Malphite, Mao, Nasus, Nocturne, Rammus, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Sejuani, Shen, Shyvana, Skarner, Udyr, Trundle, Vi, Voli, WW, Wukong, Zac

Pretty much 90% of them.

Supports also get messed up, but they're usually follow-up CC.

Like I said, projectiles are not the majority and are mostly used for finishers.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 186

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/11...be-update.html

New skins added from the next holiday event update. Along with Yasuo's skin.

I cant play him yet, cos I'm not on NA. I don't HAVE PBE.

You kinda forgot Lissandra can't use her claw, or her projectile. Zed can't shuriken. Kat can't use her Q or ulti. All which are immensely important to them. Also, you forgot to address HOW MANY people in a teamcomp can jump in on them. You just admitted supports/adcs get screwed, and at least half of mids. So you've just basically admitted that with one ability Yasuo can cut your teamfighting power in half.

Think my point has come across...

Also since when was I saying he was unstoppable? I only said his wall is OP. YOU were going on about how his other abilities are MORE OP than his wall and he can single handedly wreck the backline (don't even try denying it, anyone who scrolls back can see it. I can quote if you want). So who's the one saying he's OP? I've been trying to tell you his WALL is the only issue I have with him. Are you even listening?

Do you have any idea how much teamfight power his wall can give if used correctly? It's not even weak by far in laning phase. If your opponent is ranged you can basically deny them farm every 20s. Time it at cannon minions and they miss out on A LOT of gold compared to you.

Edit:
    Anything more than 2/5 or 3/5 ranged champs is a stupid team comp. Especially knowing if they're gonna pick Yasuo.
    What if he last picks? Yasuo can mid. And mids often get counterpicked.
    Last edited by Senna; 11-25-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 13

You kinda forgot Lissandra can't use her claw, or her projectile. Zed can't shuriken. Kat can't use her Q or ulti. All which are immensely important to them. Also, you forgot to address HOW MANY people in a teamcomp can jump in on them. You just admitted supports/adcs get screwed, and at least half of mids. So you've just basically admitted that with one ability Yasuo can cut your teamfighting power in half.

Think my point has come across...

Also since when was I saying he was unstoppable? I only said his wall is OP. YOU were going on about how his other abilities are MORE OP than his wall (don't even try denying it, anyone who scrolls back can see it. I can quote if you want). So who's the one saying he's OP? I've been trying to tell you his WALL is the only issue I have with him. Are you even listening?
    Oh god, do you even know how those champs are played? Liss doesnt depend on her claw and neither does Zed. Kat can still use her ult if directly on him and his Wall won't block her ult for ALL of her allies. How many people can jump in on them? wut? If Liss/Zed/Kat are using their abilities it means their team is already fighting or CC'd.

Yes, I said ADC/Supports get messed up. But read the sentences after that. ADC's dont rely on their abilities and are suposed to always be on their feet. MEANING, a small width wall that last 3.75 seconds will not shutdown an enemy ADC. Cause, they will be positioning appropriately. Supports with their follow-up CC, meaning Yasuo will either block a projectile initiate like Amumu bandage or block a supports CC. Or the support will stick with the ADC to peel. Either way, both will not get completely shutdown by Yasuo's.

And no, I'm saying how Yasuo's highlight isnt in his Wall. But in his other abilities and how they are more frightening. There's a difference.

I've been telling you how his wall IS NOT OP, are you even listening?

Page 4180 of 4259 FirstFirst ... 318036804080413041704178417941804181418241904230 ... LastLast