League of Legends [Discussion]

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

talisman gonna be melee only , still gonna be able to go duo lane i guess.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I cant play him yet, cos I'm not on NA. I don't HAVE PBE.

You kinda forgot Lissandra can't use her claw, or her projectile. Zed can't shuriken. Kat can't use her Q or ulti. All which are immensely important to them. Also, you forgot to address HOW MANY people in a teamcomp can jump in on them. You just admitted supports/adcs get screwed, and at least half of mids. So you've just basically admitted that with one ability Yasuo can cut your teamfighting power in half.

Think my point has come across...

Also since when was I saying he was unstoppable? I only said his wall is OP. YOU were going on about how his other abilities are MORE OP than his wall and he can single handedly wreck the backline (don't even try denying it, anyone who scrolls back can see it. I can quote if you want). So who's the one saying he's OP? I've been trying to tell you his WALL is the only issue I have with him. Are you even listening?

Do you have any idea how much teamfight power his wall can give if used correctly? It's not even weak by far in laning phase. If your opponent is ranged you can basically deny them farm every 20s. Time it at cannon minions and they miss out on A LOT of gold compared to you.

Edit:

What if he last picks? Yasuo can mid. And mids often get counterpicked.
    If you dl the PBE and patch it I can pm you my spare PBE account. I haven't used it in awhile though but there should be more than enough rp and ip to get him and some extra runes and such.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Riuzakisan View Post
    So guys, I've been looking around for some more information about LOL and I found this post...

I've seen it but still doesn't get my total attention so... what about the game, what's the difference between this one and other MMOG?
    At least I can tell that the environment looks like a game for little kids hehe, but I don't know... if it gets interesting as you keep playing, then maybe I will try it.

So I would like to know from your experience what you think about the game? :-)
    What can I say.. to be honest I don't even remember what drew me in but I got addicted before I even knew it. I guess I got good at the game pretty fast and the feeling of beating other players is great. The graphics are simple but that's how it should be so that it doesn't get old quickly. Some things that can demotivate you from playing: The community (Unless you're lucky and almost never encounter the baddies) in ranked can get out of the line but what can you expect from such a competitive game. Second thing is the amount of things you have to learn to finally start improving. There's more than a 110 champions and all of them have 4 abilities, once you know what every champion does that's when the game starts getting fun and easier.

Alright so if you're gonna try it out you should first probably go watch a video that explains the basics of league (last hitting and basic builds) then you can go into a few bot games just to get a feel for the game but don't play too many of those because it's so easy you won't want to play against real people.

GL and have fun if you decide to try it out. The game is really fun if you don't care about others and what they say but that's very hard to do as anyone can get frustrated.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    If you dl the PBE and patch it I can pm you my spare PBE account. I haven't used it in awhile though but there should be more than enough rp and ip to get him and some extra runes and such.
    Thank you, but I'm very busy recently, actually stopped playing for the most part already (just one AI game a day to get IP...). Might start again once Season 4 starts if it's actually balanced by then (state of the game is pretty bad right now). Also I'm halfway across the world so my ping for NA servers would be really high~~

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Apostle View Post
    Oh god, do you even know how those champs are played? Liss doesnt depend on her claw and neither does Zed. Kat can still use her ult if directly on him and his Wall won't block her ult for ALL of her allies. How many people can jump in on them? wut? If Liss/Zed/Kat are using their abilities it means their team is already fighting or CC'd.
    Liss depends on her claw for mobility. Zed depends on hitting shurikens with shadows to boost his ult's damage. Kat's ult honestly would only need to be blocked towards the squishies. I KNOW how they use their abilities. Now, do YOU? Let's see.

Yes, I said ADC/Supports get messed up. But read the sentences after that. ADC's dont rely on their abilities and are suposed to always be on their feet. MEANING, a small width wall that last 3.75 seconds will not shutdown an enemy ADC. Cause, they will be positioning appropriately.
    Exactly my point. Positioning. Guess what you call an ADC who runs sideways or forward to bypass his windwall? Out of position. Here's a pictorial reference (rough one as I don't have access to PBE so I just took a screenie off s@20 website).

The green line is how far an ADC would have to move to just get a SHOT off. Which would take 2-3 seconds. Which is 2-3 seconds that your ADC isn't doing ANY DAMAGE and is moving to a possibly UNSAFE SPOT. Remember your ADC is always supposed to position to be at the area where he can take the least damage and dish out the most. The wall RUINS THAT FOR HIM AND FORCES HIM TO REPOSITION. It's not always feasible/possible to step past the wall. Which makes it 3.75s of your ADC doing NOTHING. The enemy ADC/mid gets 3.75s of a headstart on killing your teammates. Do you understand now?

Supports with their follow-up CC, meaning Yasuo will either block a projectile initiate like Amumu bandage or block a supports CC. Or the support will stick with the ADC to peel. Either way, both will not get completely shutdown by Yasuo's.
    Supports get screwed as they are also near the backline (hint, where ADCs are usually). What can a Nami do? Ult gets blocked. W gets blocked. E is useless. I'm not sure about Q, but I think thats the ONLY thing she can do with that wall up. Do you get it? Other supports have it worse, like Janna. Blocking the follow up CC is GOOD ENOUGH cos one or two tanks/bruisers can't outfight and out CC an entire enemy team by themselves, they rely on backline support to survive and disrupt the enemy. How many times have you seen a tank initiate, but people don't follow up fast enough, and the tank dies to focus fire? I'm pretty sure you get the point.

And no, I'm saying how Yasuo's highlight isnt in his Wall. But in his other abilities and how they are more frightening. There's a difference.

I've been telling you how his wall IS NOT OP, are you even listening?
    So, you're complaining his damage and dash and CC make him good huh? Let me tell you something. You say this:

Yasuo doesn't need to rely on surprise ambushes. He dives in, with the tank (obviously), and goes straight to the carries while using his Q. The damage isn't from his dash(lol again, obviously). It's from his Q. It's pretty much a mini-ravenous hydra + Manual Fiora ult or Yi Strike but with more control and potential damage.
    Let me break it down for you. Yasuo has no survivability in the middle of an enemy team. He is NOT going to dive into a group of 5 with the tank. Goes straight for the carries? Lets see how Yasuo does when CC'd and with a few champs focusing him. He's not going to do ANYTHING in this case, except die very quickly. Which is why I'm not afraid of that situation whatsoever~~~

Let me tell you how to use Yasuo. Despite not having played him, I think I have a better idea than you. Guess what he can do with Wind Wall? Cut off your melees from the rest of the team. So he'll hang back, protect the carry with Wind Wall, attack the melees at the front line with the other 4 members of his team and CC them a little while the rest of the enemy team frantically tries to get past his wall. Which will take a few seconds. Which is a few seconds where you have a 5v1 to 5v3. In those few seconds, you can kill or seriously hurt the melees. Why? Remember what his ult does? Oh my god! It does ARMOR PEN AGAINST BONUS ARMOR! Guess who stacks armor?

Now after the enemy front line is gone, the mids/support would probably have spent their cooldowns by then. THAT is the time Yasuo goes in to the enemy backline. NOT before, like you have claimed. Because then, he can actually survive, and do damage worth a damn without being focused. Hence his wall is his most important ability. With it he can waste time and cooldowns in a teamfight and thus be useful, cos he sure isn't going to kill anyone if he's dead.

This is all basic teamfighting. Before you start dissing people and saying that they don't know how to play some champs, YOU should personally go and look back on your tactics. Because right now, you're just being a hypocrite~

Edit: just saw this post by CertainlyT, the designer of Yasuo. Which further reinforces my point.

Yasuo reflects my feeling that you are giving up on the "all in" class to easily. He is able to stay more in his team's back line, isolate enemy divers using wind wall, hack them to pieces, then dive into the enemy back line once their major cooldowns have been spent. This is fundamentally different from a Fiora who has to choose between non-participation in a fight and rushing headlong into the enemy's entire zone of threat
    Last edited by Senna; 11-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Liss depends on her claw for mobility. Zed depends on hitting shurikens with shadows to boost his ult's damage. Kat's ult honestly would only need to be blocked towards the squishies. I KNOW how they use their abilities. Now, do YOU? Let's see.
    1. Liss can use her claw from a HUGE range and angle to engage.
    2. If her claw is blocked her team WONT engage.
    3. Zed depends on his Ult, which makes him at melee range. Yasuo would have to cast his Wall directly on Zed. Also Zed would usually be on the ADC, who is in the backline.
    4. Kat would be ON the squishies.
    You know their abilities but not their playstyle. There's a difference.

Exactly my point. Positioning. Guess what you call an ADC who runs sideways or forward to bypass his windwall? Out of position. Here's a pictorial reference (rough one as I don't have access to PBE so I just took a screenie off s@20 website).
    http://i41.tinypic.com/x3tkeh.jpg
    The green line is how far an ADC would have to move to just get a SHOT off. Which would take 2-3 seconds. Which is 2-3 seconds that your ADC isn't doing ANY DAMAGE and is moving to a possibly UNSAFE SPOT. Remember your ADC is always supposed to position to be at the area where he can take the least damage and dish out the most. The wall RUINS THAT FOR HIM AND FORCES HIM TO REPOSITION. It's not always feasible/possible to step past the wall. Which makes it 3.75s of your ADC doing NOTHING. The enemy ADC/mid gets 3.75s of a headstart on killing your teammates. Do you understand now?
    Supports get screwed as they are also near the backline (hint, where ADCs are usually). What can a Nami do? Ult gets blocked. W gets blocked. E is useless. I'm not sure about Q, but I think thats the ONLY thing she can do with that wall up. Do you get it? Other supports have it worse, like Janna. Blocking the follow up CC is GOOD ENOUGH cos one or two tanks/bruisers can't outfight and out CC an entire enemy team by themselves, they rely on backline support to survive and disrupt the enemy.
    You forgot to mention how that's a terrible spot to fight for the opposing team whether there's a Yasuo or not. Lmao.
    Lets take this scenario, assuming the enemy team DID NOT poke and bait the Wall. Fight at midlane or river(dragon/baron), more reasonable scenario. Yasuo's Wall at max rank will take at most half the lane width. Top and Jungle initiate and CC for about a good 1-2 seconds. Mid will have a gapcloser and/or ability that the wall doesn't block, like I already pointed out(There's more mids that can bypass his Wall than not). That leaves the ADC and Support. They mostly all have decent mobility (boots + zeal) and/or dash.
    Support, lets give a list of champs that can have EVERYTHING blocked;
    Sona, Nami, Thresh, Blitz / Janna Q, Taric E, Morg Q
    Now the champs that doesn't get affect by his Wall;
    Lulu, Leona, Annie, Fiddlesticks, Soraka, Alistar, Zyra / Janna disengage(R), Taric(melee), Morgana(ult)

Once again, minority.
    How many times have you seen a tank initiate, but people don't follow up fast enough, and the tank dies to focus fire? I'm pretty sure you get the point.
    Only in normals and/or when I started season 3(silver 1). Right now, that's definitely less often. He'll I even play with some Bronze/Silver/Golds for solo Q tournaments and surprisingly they're well synchronized despite being all randoms.

So your point is based subjectively and/or lower ELO.

Let me break it down for you. Yasuo has no survivability in the middle of an enemy team. He is NOT going to dive into a group of 5 with the tank. Goes straight for the carries? Lets see how Yasuo does when CC'd and with a few champs focusing him. He's not going to do ANYTHING in this case. Which is why I'm not afraid of that whatsoever~~~
    You wanna know why he's scarier than Trynd or Yi? Because he actually has a decent CC while doing the same thing they do. What? You think hes just gonna dash around and autoattack people by himself?

Let me tell you how to use Yasuo. Despite not having played him, I think I have a better idea than you. Guess what he can do with Wind Wall? Cut off your melees from the rest of the team. So he'll hang back, protect the carry with Wind Wall, attack the melees at the front line with the other 4 members of his team and CC them a little while the rest of the enemy team frantically tries to get past his wall. Which will take a few seconds. Which is a few seconds where you have a 5v1 to 5v3. In those few seconds, you can kill or seriously hurt the melees. Why? Remember what his ult does? Oh my god! It does ARMOR PEN AGAINST BONUS ARMOR! Guess who stacks armor?
    This is assuming the enemy team is incompetent right? Lol, in that case everything will work. Wait, is this also assuming the enemy team won't bait out the Wall or just walk through/sidestep it?

And yeah thanks for pointing out the armor shred, making his other abilities more frightening than his Wall and proving my point again.
    Now after the enemy front line is gone, the mids/support would probably have spent their cooldowns by then. THAT is the time Yasuo goes in to the enemy backline. NOT before, like you have claimed. Because then, he can actually survive, and do damage worth a damn without being focused. Hence his wall is his most important ability. With it he can waste time and cooldowns in a teamfight and thus be useful, cos he sure isn't going to kill anyone if he's dead.
    It's like your giving a day 1 scenario where no one know's his abilities and is completely clueless. How about another scenario where the enemy team actually know's who they're up against?

This is all basic teamfighting. Before you start dissing people and saying that they don't know how to play some champs, YOU should personally go and look back on your tactics. Because right now, you're just being a hypocrite~
    By stating facts? I provided information about how the Wall can be useful. But I made it clear that it is VERY counterplayeable and no where near as broken as you claim it to be. Guess who's being a hypocrite now, or atleast ignorant.

Edit: just saw this post by CertainlyT, the designer of Yasuo. Which further reinforces my point.
    And here's another one of his quotes which reinforces MY point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
    Abilities in League of Legends should be powerful when used well. Wind Wall does one thing and strongly rewards reaction speed, positioning, and judgment as to when to cast v hold it. In my opinion, we should have more spells like it, not less.
    Last edited by Invalid Apostle; 11-26-2013 at 03:07 PM.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

OMG mundo 51% winrate hope they nerf the mastery and not mundo

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Apostle View Post
    1. Liss can use her claw from a HUGE range and angle to engage.
    2. If her claw is blocked her team WONT engage.
    3. Zed depends on his Ult, which makes him at melee range. Yasuo would have to cast his Wall directly on Zed. Also Zed would usually be on the ADC, who is in the backline.
    4. Kat would be ON the squishies.
    You know their abilities but not their playstyle. There's a difference.
    I know all that. However, in a teamfight, Lissandra would need to claw to follow up the bruisers. Guess what? Denied by wall. Same issue for Zed's shadow. Also, regarding Zed and Kat, just wall right in front of them? Duh. Hello, I already said Yasuo's best used near the carry, supporting the frontline and taking care of the backline. If a Zed/Kat realistically could get to the backline by flanking or something, Yasuo can be ready to fire off his wall as he won't be far off.

You forgot to mention how that's a terrible spot to fight for the opposing team whether there's a Yasuo or not. Lmao.
    It's not the position of the screenshot which is the point of that picture. I used it cos it's the easiest one to find. Which I already said on my post. It just proves you're not even reading.

Lets take this scenario, assuming the enemy team DID NOT poke and bait the Wall. Fight at midlane or river(dragon/baron), more reasonable scenario. Yasuo's Wall at max rank will take at most half the lane width. Top and Jungle initiate and CC for about a good 1-2 seconds. Mid will have a gapcloser and/or ability that the wall doesn't block, like I already pointed out(There's more mids that can bypass his Wall than not). That leaves the ADC and Support. They mostly all have decent mobility (boots + zeal) and/or dash.
    Support, lets give a list of champs that can have EVERYTHING blocked;
    Sona, Nami, Thresh, Blitz / Janna Q, Taric E, Morg Q
    Now the champs that doesn't get affect by his Wall;
    Lulu, Leona, Annie, Fiddlesticks, Soraka, Alistar, Zyra / Janna disengage(R), Taric(melee), Morgana(ult)
    Once again, minority.
    No, no, no. Most mids aren't affected at all? Alot of them have 1-2 of their skills at least blocked. Which again, lowers damage. Also, great idea, using your ADC dash to get past the wall. Now he's 1) Without an escape ability and 2) Out of position! Great idea, since being the class which relies the most on positioning, you REALLY should waste your escape/repositioning tool right away! /sarcasm

Regarding not affected by wall: Lulu's glitterlance and polymorph both blocked. Annie Q, Fiddle crow, Zyra plant attacks and root, Janna all her CC, Taric stun, Morg Q. YOU seem to be the one who doesn't know about champs.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4058613

What a long list. I guess "most mids" aren't affected at all! Oh wait, I see pretty much almost every mid there.

Also to finish this section off, if just picking Yasuo invalidates a whole range of champions (I'd estimate quite a lot of mid laners and supports), don't you consider that OP? You can't always pick to counter Yasuo every game (as I said earlier, what if he lastpicks? You still haven't answered this question). The reason I think his wall is OP is that it blocks TOO MUCH stuff. AA's, fine. Spells, fine. Both at once, on a 14.25s downtime at max rank with no CDR, while being resourceless so he doesn't have to worry about mana for it? That's too much.

Only in normals and/or when I started season 3(silver 1). Right now, that's definitely less often. He'll I even play with some Bronze/Silver/Golds for solo Q tournaments and surprisingly they're well synchronized despite being all randoms.

So your point is based subjectively and/or lower ELO.
    Right, it happens even in pro-level play, but nope, not to you. I REALLY believe you. It happens in games across all skill levels. Not just in lower level play. And are you looking down on mi? I'm not terrible at the game you know.

You wanna know why he's scarier than Trynd or Yi? Because he actually has a decent CC while doing the same thing they do. What? You think hes just gonna dash around and autoattack people?
    You wanna know why I think Trynd or Yi are just as scary? They can go invulnerable or untargetable and avoid CC that way. How about Yasuo? Get anywhere near the ADC when all 5 members of the enemy team are up and he will get CC'd and blown up instantly. You keep ignoring this point. Why don't you explain how he's going to survive 360 degree attacks focusing him and CC'ing him before he can kill anyone? COME ON. DO IT.

This is assuming the enemy team is incompetent right? Lol, in that case everything will work. Wait, is this also assuming the enemy team won't bait out the Wall or just walk through/sidestep it?

And yeah thanks for pointing out the armor shred, making his other abilities more frightening than his Wall and proving my point again.

It's like your giving a day 1 scenario where no one know's his abilities and is completely clueless. How about another scenario where the enemy team actually know's who they're up against?
    "I can't win this argument so I'll pretend I know more and try to scare her". Guess what, it doesn't work. I already said his wall can be baited, but a GOOD Yasuo would be able to block either a ton of damage from the ADC/mid and/or CC from support. And its on a 20s cooldown, so you don't have a lot of time to make a play after he's used it. At max rank, it's up every 15s (not counting CDR).

Also, again, remember where he's placing the wall. Next to the frontline. Blocking off where? The backline. So you're saying, the ADC/mid/supports should just waltz INTO the frontline, past the wall, to continue damage. VERY GOOD TACTIC if you want to get your squishies all killed.

Also armor shred doesn't do anything if he's dead in 2 seconds. So of course the wall is important if you want to make use of the 15s of bonus armor shred, isn't it?

By stating facts? I provided information about how the Wall can be useful. But I made it clear that it is VERY counterplayeable and no where near as broken as you claim it to be. Guess who's being a hypocrite now, or atleast ignorant.
    Did you read my first post in reply to you? DID YOU READ IT? In case you didn't, here it is again. "At worst, it's very good. You can't say it's not useful, especially with alot of the best damage in the game being ranged."

I think it's very good. Did I say there's no way around it? No. But it's a very difficult skill to play around if the Yasuo uses it right, and if an engage already happened (WHICH WILL HAPPEN OCCASIONALLY) him being able to block follow up CC or ranged damage gives his team a definite teamfight edge.

And here's another one of his quotes which reinforces MY point.
    Sadly enough for you, I've already said multiple times (but you just keep ignoring it), a GOOD Yasuo would know when to use the wall and when to save it. So... what was your point again?

Edit: In closing, your tactics suck. Blow all your squishies escapes to dash into the fight near melee range for the win. Any other gems of advice you have to give? Or would you like to keep quiet before you make yourself look like MORE of a fool?

If you decide to reply, at least explain how making your ranged characters all run around for 3s to avoid a wall is an advantage to your team when the enemy has that 3s to attack you while you can't retaliate. Because I've asked you plenty of times and you never, ever, give an concrete answer that isn't stupid.
    Last edited by Senna; 11-26-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 13

my god give it a rest, that wall is a gimmick which will be useless to people who actually know what they are doing,

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

sooooo, Junglers, how do you all feel about the new Entrap passive (9% lifesteal & 6% manasteal from all damage sources, 1/3 on AoE. only works on jungle creeps) going into the Spirit Stone branch and all three Spirit items getting SotAG's gold passive?

Edit: Sorrysorrysorry, totally got the numbers wrong on the lifesteal & manasteal. Also, source: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26...wdown#comments
    Last edited by Jerov; 11-26-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Messing around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Noatud View Post
    my god give it a rest, that wall is a gimmick which will be useless to people who actually know what they are doing,
    said no high elo ever.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Page 4181 of 4296 FirstFirst ... 3181368140814131417141794180418141824183419142314281 ... LastLast