League of Legends [Discussion]

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask a silly question in regards to League and IRL.

So one of the biggest issues I have with playing League with RL friends is that they are just flat out terrible. And then they instead tend to be bratty and just ***** about why "I'm being rude" when I'm telling them to get objectives like dragon or towers, and they're like ****ing around as if they're all pro. Or they're just talking about LCS and think they know all about league but flat out suck. Unfortunately, because of the gap in skill, I find myself much more frustrated as a result because I can't say anything or shit gets all flown. It's kind of why I solo queue :\

Thoughts?

Edit: As to why I'm asking this, it's because I've been playing a few games with friends IRL and honestly if there was a bronze hell it's those guys that are giving me that experience.'

Edit 2: I'm in my qualifiers.
    When my friends first started playing, I just ran a bunch of Co Op vs AI's until they could flog the intermediate AI's and made it much easier to transition in to playing actual 5v5's.

Sure it's not going to make them good players, but it allows you to teach them the basics (including warding, objectives, etc) without the stresses of playing against other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_Shyvana View Post
    This game is so ****ing fun. omg

Left behind a world record for WildStar
    /worth

I need to get a key for my GF.
    Please keeping discussions in this thread to League of Legends only.
    Last edited by olaph; 02-03-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    When my friends first started playing, I just ran a bunch of Co Op vs AI's until they could flog the intermediate AI's and made it much easier to transition in to playing actual 5v5's.

Sure it's not going to make them good players, but it allows you to teach them the basics (including warding, objectives, etc) without the stresses of playing against other people.
    I second that, you can also kindly send them to LOL forums like this one and let them read the basics maybe.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

@Darkness35

Honestly I was a Coop vs AI player for the longest time (until about December in Season 3 then I started playing PvP games and started Ranked around Jan/Feb last year~). I would say it does help, it's not the fastest way, but as olaph said, it's an easy, less stressful way to play (I was honestly very casual and my friends would play AI games wit mi just to teach mi stuff).

Watching pro games like the LCS definitely helps with the overall map awareness and objective play, but honestly there are some people who no matter how much coaching they receive, will never learn to play well. It's mostly an ego problem. You can't improve if you don't think you need improvement (e.g. World record for number of XXX champ = best).

Your friends sound like the latter category. Maybe they just don't know better, or maybe they're just toxic/ignorant. Just try teaching them, if they don't listen repeatedly, I'd honestly just advise you to NOT play with them anymore until they wisen up, as people with ego issues tend to make the game miserable for everyone (and since you're queueing with them, that means all the time for you).

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

"Slow clap in background"

...yey......

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 225

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyKitten View Post

"Slow clap in background"

...yey......
    wow ur bak 2 gold gj
    now snowball to platinum with soraka top before it's nerfed

there's a wolf in my heart

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

Waiting for Shaco rework

Olpah's Object Reputation: 83

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    @Darkness35

Honestly I was a Coop vs AI player for the longest time (until about December in Season 3 then I started playing PvP games and started Ranked around Jan/Feb last year~). I would say it does help, it's not the fastest way, but as olaph said, it's an easy, less stressful way to play (I was honestly very casual and my friends would play AI games wit mi just to teach mi stuff).

Watching pro games like the LCS definitely helps with the overall map awareness and objective play, but honestly there are some people who no matter how much coaching they receive, will never learn to play well. It's mostly an ego problem. You can't improve if you don't think you need improvement (e.g. World record for number of XXX champ = best).

Your friends sound like the latter category. Maybe they just don't know better, or maybe they're just toxic/ignorant. Just try teaching them, if they don't listen repeatedly, I'd honestly just advise you to NOT play with them anymore until they wisen up, as people with ego issues tend to make the game miserable for everyone (and since you're queueing with them, that means all the time for you).
    Let's be real, they're just casual gamers if anything. Like if I had to be honest, it's why I solo queue because I can't deal with the drama and headaches affiliated with it.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Let's be real, they're just casual gamers if anything. Like if I had to be honest, it's why I solo queue because I can't deal with the drama and headaches affiliated with it.
    Just focus on soloq I guess~

If you get up there in the Ranks they'll maybe come to respect you and then will be willing to listen to your advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Just focus on soloq I guess~

If you get up there in the Ranks they'll maybe come to respect you and then will be willing to listen to your advice?
    Nah, they're still going to **** around. That's why either I soloq, or play with people that are around the same skill level

Blind pick stupid ideas. AP Thresh is stupid. LOL

Page 4221 of 4258 FirstFirst ... 32213721412141714211421942204221422242234231 ... LastLast