League of Legends [Discussion]

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    mid = zigg, leblanc or gragas (yasuo kassadin permaban)
    jungle = vi, pantheon or wukong
    Mid is sort of weird now. Recently quite a few of the LCS games have featured Lulu/Nid/Kayle/Kat. And jungles have Elise, she's also still quite a strong pick and frequently banned out~~

I do remember seeing a few Lee Sins, but not many enough to think it's popular now. Top has one rare pick (Jax by Zionspartan) but nobody else uses Jax so I don't think it counts as popular.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Mid is sort of weird now. Recently quite a few of the LCS games have featured Lulu/Nid/Kayle/Kat. And jungles have Elise, she's also still quite a strong pick and frequently banned out~~

I do remember seeing a few Lee Sins, but not many enough to think it's popular now. Top has one rare pick (Jax by Zionspartan) but nobody else uses Jax so I don't think it counts as popular.
    lulu and katarina are honestly in a great place right now, it's just not a lot know how to play them to their full potential.

thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

lulu and katarina are honestly in a great place right now, it's just not a lot know how to play them to their full potential.
    Yea Kat is really strong, can turn around teamfights if she gets a reset. She really relies on her teammates to tank the enemy CC and lower their HP tho~~

I'm kinda sad Lulu's being played mid now. Riot doesn't typically like supports going mid (see nerfs to Janna) and I think Lulu's going to get the same treatment...

Yea Kat is really strong, can turn around teamfights if she gets a reset. She really relies on her teammates to tank the enemy CC and lower their HP tho~~

I'm kinda sad Lulu's being played mid now. Riot doesn't typically like supports going mid (see nerfs to Janna) and I think Lulu's going to get the same treatment...
    i don't know /what/ they can nerf on lulu without trashing her completely.
    her mid is very dominant if played correctly, but it still lacks the burst other mages got.

ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

i don't know /what/ they can nerf on lulu without trashing her completely.
    her mid is very dominant if played correctly, but it still lacks the burst other mages got.
    Lulu's Glitterlance poke is pretty good early/mid game. If anything I think they'd only nerf that (less waveclear and lane poke means her mid suffers). Her support would suffer tho so they'd probably have to nerf the ratio more than the base damage so it's not so bad for support Lulu~

Her ratios are really good for mid tho, since her shield and ult both scale pretty well with it, giving her great utility. She may lack the burst of other mids but she can peel and help the ADC survive really long. Other people would need to pick up the damage slack though (Jax top?)

Edit: Ahri picked by Xpeke today. But even Xpeke can't burst anyone down with her anymore. Seems like Ahri really isn't that good anymore ><
    Last edited by Senna; 02-20-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Lulu's Glitterlance poke is pretty good early/mid game. If anything I think they'd only nerf that (less waveclear and lane poke means her mid suffers). Her support would suffer tho so they'd probably have to nerf the ratio more than the base damage so it's not so bad for support Lulu~

Her ratios are really good for mid tho, since her shield and ult both scale pretty well with it, giving her great utility. She may lack the burst of other mids but she can peel and help the ADC survive really long. Other people would need to pick up the damage slack though (Jax top?)

Edit: Ahri picked by Xpeke today. But even Xpeke can't burst anyone down with her anymore. Seems like Ahri really isn't that good anymore ><
    yeah they really.. ruined ahri. she's way too squishy and weak, but she still functions if you build her as a spammy athene caster.

i really don't see anything in lulu's current kit that warrants a nerf, she's nothing like gragas/orianna. she is ALL about outplaying the enemy with good use of whimsy speedboost to dodge skillshots.

yeah they really.. ruined ahri. she's way too squishy and weak, but she still functions if you build her as a spammy athene caster.

i really don't see anything in lulu's current kit that warrants a nerf, she's nothing like gragas/orianna. she is ALL about outplaying the enemy with good use of whimsy speedboost to dodge skillshots.
    Before the DFG build was popular I liked building full CDR Ahri and spamming Orbs. But the damage of her other spells are so low now, she's not much use built that way as they basically forced her to burst people with the change to her Charm. I've been playing her but doing poorly since the changes. Really upset about it~

Lulu's kit is alright in my opinion. Annie/Thresh need nerfs way more than her. But I'm just afraid Riot will try to nerf her as they don't like supports going mid, and several Rioters have said mid/top Lulu isn't fun to play against and they don't like it~~

Before the DFG build was popular I liked building full CDR Ahri and spamming Orbs. But the damage of her other spells are so low now, she's not much use built that way as they basically forced her to burst people with the change to her Charm. I've been playing her but doing poorly since the changes. Really upset about it~

Lulu's kit is alright in my opinion. Annie/Thresh need nerfs way more than her. But I'm just afraid Riot will try to nerf her as they don't like supports going mid, and several Rioters have said mid/top Lulu isn't fun to play against and they don't like it~~
    it's not fun to play against?
    so i take it gragas, soraka, ziggs, renekton, teemo, shyvana, mundo, yasuo, kassadin and so on are? because they never get nerfed.
    annie is fine, really. she trades utility for burst, and as such, she's perfectly balanced(albeit very strong).
    thresh? yeah, but idk if they really CAN nerf him that much. he already has really long cooldowns and his range just got nerfed as well.

they really have to revert her E and W so she can be played as a utility mage again. :/

it's not fun to play against?
    so i take it gragas, soraka, ziggs, renekton, teemo, shyvana, mundo, yasuo, kassadin and so on are? because they never get nerfed.
    annie is fine, really. she trades utility for burst, and as such, she's perfectly balanced(albeit very strong).
    thresh? yeah, but idk if they really CAN nerf him that much. he already has really long cooldowns and his range just got nerfed as well.

they really have to revert her E and W so she can be played as a utility mage again. :/
    I personally don't like the current meta champs (Ziggs and Gragas have so much waveclear and damage at range). I don't really play top lane, so I can't comment there, but Yasuo and Kassadin have overloaded kits as well. Alot of the champs you listed are a pain to play against, but Riot doesn't seem too concerned about nerfing them fast (they only get minor nerfs). But if a support goes into another lane? Straight nerfs to unviability (Jungle Taric, Mid Janna, etc). I'm actually kinda annoyed about it cos all my favorite supports are not viable now, and my fav mids are all nerfed badly too.

Annie is just too strong in lane. In teamfights she's not as effective, but in lane it's hard to outtrade her guaranteed stuns and damage scaling.

Thresh suffers from having too much free damage (his Flay passive). I don't think it's okay for him to have soooo much CC and still do more damage than poke supports (his ratios are stupidly high, 100% on his Box? Comparing that to Sona/Lulu's kits, their ratios don't even match his).

Also I still think his Lantern is too good at level 1 (it honestly just need scaling range with levels and it'd be balanced) and it makes his early game extremely unfair (you can't ever focus his adc with him around as he'll just pull him back, and he can also use it to initiate ganks by pulling in the jungler). It makes laning against him extremely unfun. His lantern's cooldown is long, but I don't think the others are THAT long... his hook is on a shorter CD than Blitz's, his Flay is only 9s...

I personally don't like the current meta champs (Ziggs and Gragas have so much waveclear and damage at range). I don't really play top lane, so I can't comment there, but Yasuo and Kassadin have overloaded kits as well. Alot of the champs you listed are a pain to play against, but Riot doesn't seem too concerned about nerfing them fast (they only get minor nerfs). But if a support goes into another lane? Straight nerfs to unviability (Jungle Taric, Mid Janna, etc). I'm actually kinda annoyed about it cos all my favorite supports are not viable now, and my fav mids are all nerfed badly too.

Annie is just too strong in lane. In teamfights she's not as effective, but in lane it's hard to outtrade her guaranteed stuns and damage scaling.

Thresh suffers from having too much free damage (his Flay passive). I don't think it's okay for him to have soooo much CC and still do more damage than poke supports (his ratios are stupidly high, 100% on his Box? Comparing that to Sona/Lulu's kits, their ratios don't even match his).

Also I still think his Lantern is too good at level 1 (it honestly just need scaling range with levels and it'd be balanced) and it makes his early game extremely unfair (you can't ever focus his adc with him around as he'll just pull him back, and he can also use it to initiate ganks by pulling in the jungler). It makes laning against him extremely unfun. His lantern's cooldown is long, but I don't think the others are THAT long... his hook is on a shorter CD than Blitz's, his Flay is only 9s...
    well, the thing with thresh is he has to get into the fray to dish damage/cc while sona can just pop crescendo and dance around the outskirts of the fight.
    also, the box only deals a significant amount of damage on the FIRST break, the rest of the walls deal 50%.
    yes, his lantern is hilariously powerful, but considering it's like 22 seconds at rank 1, it SHOULD be powerful.
    flay itself has very poor base damage/scaling considering the cooldown, it's just the passive that is very strong.
    his hook is fine, slow windup + he can't actually attack until it wears off / he pulls himself to you.

Page 4227 of 4293 FirstFirst ... 322737274127417742174225422642274228422942374277 ... LastLast