League of Legends [Discussion]

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    new champ is a huge meh for me not interest at all , just hope the next rework is Warwick
    Either you are a terrible wimp, or you are just hate support completely.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

The new champion is awesome ! I can't wait for all the plays especially from pro players ! It's gonna be amazing.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

I have a hunch that Braum is going to be banned for a couple of weeks on release, not only to stifle the amount of people who'll feed with him but to stop all the people who've practiced with him on the PBE (Like a friend of mine has) to the point where he can stop the most clutch shit ever. It's hilarious. Can't wait to play with my friend once he comes out on the live server.

Edit: Nice, double IP weekend. Haven't had one of these in years.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/14916
    Last edited by Jermatoo; 04-24-2014 at 02:13 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    I have a hunch that Braum is going to be banned for a couple of weeks on release, not only to stifle the amount of people who'll feed with him but to stop all the people who've practiced with him on the PBE (Like a friend of mine has) to the point where he can stop the most clutch shit ever. It's hilarious. Can't wait to play with my friend once he comes out on the live server.

Edit: Nice, double IP weekend. Haven't had one of these in years.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/14916
    yessss more useless ip yessssss

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    yessss more useless ip yessssss
    My friend in D1 is at the same point lol. He has a smany pages as you can have, every champ, every rune....

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Braum is the best thing I never knew I needed, fo srs. Riot's really outdone themselves with support designs lately. He's really similar to Thresh in the sense that he carries his team purely on utility rather than scaling.

Now I wish they'd remove utility scaling and rework the old supports to be the same way.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Braum is the best thing I never knew I needed, fo srs. Riot's really outdone themselves with support designs lately. He's really similar to Thresh in the sense that he carries his team purely on utility rather than scaling.

Now I wish they'd remove utility scaling and rework the old supports to be the same way.
    At least he takes risks and pays for his out of position teammates' mistakes... can't really say the same about Thresh lantern tho.

I really like Braum's design and kit. Probably would buy him (but flat broke on IP due to buying so many new runes...). Thresh isn't my sort of champion even tho he's always been OP...

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

I honestly don't think Thresh is OP because while he is a jack-of-all-trades, he is incredibly difficult to play well. He relies entirely on his team to win games (a good Thresh is nothing without a good team who knows how to coordinate with him), and he requires really good timing and positioning to make plays. I honestly don't see where Thresh got his reputation for being an OP no-skill champion; if someone's good at Thresh, they're a really good support player.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    I honestly don't think Thresh is OP because while he is a jack-of-all-trades, he is incredibly difficult to play well. He relies entirely on his team to win games (a good Thresh is nothing without a good team who knows how to coordinate with him), and he requires really good timing and positioning to make plays. I honestly don't see where Thresh got his reputation for being an OP no-skill champion; if someone's good at Thresh, they're a really good support player.
    I never said Thresh didn't require mechanical skill. But you can't say he's hard to play. He's so easy to play because of his overloaded kit. You can miss a spell with Thresh and not care too much. Missing a single spell as Leona/Janna though? Not so forgiving~

He's not just an "all-rounder", he basically does almost everything too well. Janna used to be THE peel support. Now Thresh is arguably much better due to lantern + all his spells applying hard/soft CC (or both at the same time!). All the while, he can also catch people out better than Blitz/Leona (due to not having to pay for lousy hooks, he can always decide not to follow up).

Also, all supports rely on their team to win games and are nothing if their team doesn't coordinate with them, so that point of yours is kinda bad~

You can say he's not OP, but ever since his release, he has always been a top tier pick and has never ever fallen out of favor. It's clear he's too good compared to other supports. Other supports have a niche. Thresh does almost everything well, so why pick niche supports when Thresh can fulfill that AND more?

The only other supports being picked recently (last few months) have been AP mids that provide something Thresh doesn't have (e.g. Annies' damage, Karma's movespeed buffs). Again, it's something no other support can do (without Talisman). Otherwise, Thresh is always picked due to his stupid amounts of utility, CC and decent damage.

I like Braum cos his shield blocking ability is unique and no other support has it. He's got a really good peel/protection, but he pays for it by not being able to catch people out (i.e. a pure defensive support). Can't say the same about Thresh tho~

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I never said Thresh didn't require mechanical skill. But you can't say he's hard to play. He's so easy to play because of his overloaded kit. You can miss a spell with Thresh and not care too much. Missing a single spell as Leona/Janna though? Not so forgiving~

He's not just an "all-rounder", he basically does almost everything too well. Janna used to be THE peel support. Now Thresh is arguably much better due to lantern + all his spells applying hard/soft CC (or both at the same time!). All the while, he can also catch people out better than Blitz/Leona (due to not having to pay for lousy hooks, he can always decide not to follow up).

Also, all supports rely on their team to win games and are nothing if their team doesn't coordinate with them, so that point of yours is kinda bad~

You can say he's not OP, but ever since his release, he has always been a top tier pick and has never ever fallen out of favor. It's clear he's too good compared to other supports. Other supports have a niche. Thresh does almost everything well, so why pick niche supports when Thresh can fulfill that AND more?

The only other supports being picked recently (last few months) have been AP mids that provide something Thresh doesn't have (e.g. Annies' damage, Karma's movespeed buffs). Again, it's something no other support can do (without Talisman). Otherwise, Thresh is always picked due to his stupid amounts of utility, CC and decent damage.

I like Braum cos his shield blocking ability is unique and no other support has it. He's got a really good peel/protection, but he pays for it by not being able to catch people out (i.e. a pure defensive support). Can't say the same about Thresh tho~
    Thresh is pretty much the ultimate support and Riot will never be able to make something so 'inventive' again without rehashing his kit in some ways.
    Braum seems nice, but he's too defensive imo (again, riot forcing anti-assassin late game meta).

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Page 4261 of 4296 FirstFirst ... 32613761416142114251425942604261426242634271 ... LastLast