League of Legends [Discussion]

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    yeah hopefully he wont go live in the same way braum did.
    With the recent releases, especially this years', I'm losing faith in Riot's balance department. Most of my favorite champions are pretty old, and they're pretty unpopular picks as they can't do as much as these new picks (see Thresh and Braum supports crowding out most of the other support picks). Older champions like Ashe are pretty much replacable with any ADC with a red buff nowadays.

I hope the slight Janna buffs make her much better to play as. Right now, Braum and Thresh offer more CC than her, and are tankier too. No reason to really play her anymore~

2/4 of my most favorite champs just got major gameplay reworks. I don't know if I'll like the new Sona's rework. Sounds like easy kills for all the AoE CC most champs put out nowadays (look at Gnar, Braum, Yasuo etc).

I have also no clue how to build Nid now. I'm pretty much an AP player, even when splitpush Bruiser Nid was popular, I played her AP. Now she's back to building items like Triforce and BOTRK. Is an AP build even viable now? I really hope so.

I was thinking maybe like, Sorc Shoes, Lich Bane, Dcap, Zhonyas, Banshee's, Athene's or GA. Idk how it'd work tho, I just don't want spears to be just for tagging enemies. I want them to actually do damage too...

Edit:
    Pwyff also commented on the Thresh flay fixes mentioned a few days ago and offered additional context on the set of changes he received in patch 4.13:
    "CertainlyT thinks he has a fix for that Flay bug in 4.14, sorry it didn't make it in this one.
    As for your response, I agree that it's not the best context and I probably should have done better. The argument is circular, but Thresh being a reliable, top tier support is partially due to his popularity but also because he's just so damn strong across the board. He's got insane teamfight presence but he also happens to be one of the best support skirmishers around. He's just so well-rounded that it's tough to really reduce power without hurting his identity.
    As for Thresh's position in the LCS / OGN / competitive play, he's in the top 3 supports of pick/ban. Consistently he has passed 75%+ across the board and while popularity is never a core statistic we use purely, it indicates a degree of reliability and a disregard for strategic use that we can't ignore. If Thresh can just be picked whenever and wherever (hello Lucian) that's not the best."
    Took them only 1 year 7 months to realize that~

Also, Gnar's boomerang throw has really good range, wow. It outranges Sivir's boomerang, and has better base damage, similar scaling, and provides a slow too. It does fall off in damage faster after the first target hit, but really, that's a scary spell, especially with the CD reducing mechanic...

Okay, actually reading through all the skills, his ratios seem too good. Most likely he's going to be broken on release in this state~~
    Last edited by Senna; 07-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    Okay, actually reading through all the skills, his ratios seem too good. Most likely he's going to be broken on release in this state~~
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Agree with you Senna, Morello and his team confuse me, a lot.
    "lucian is just too good all around, we need to do something with him to not make him the best in all regards"
    "Hmm, give him a slightly shorter range but better wave clear and infinite harass via a free and short cd/slow removing dash?"
    "Perfect! do it and push it out"

And then we had super Freelo lucian.

It's like Morello in Guildwars all over again.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 43

thats why they nerfed his dash with the last update no more slow removal and tad higher cd
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    thats why they nerfed his dash with the last update no more slow removal and tad higher cd
    Yeah but a team that knows all about the game, its meta, and its characters shouldn't have ever thought the way they had him before would work.

Yeah but a team that knows all about the game, its meta, and its characters shouldn't have ever thought the way they had him before would work.
    I have only been playing a game or two per week now, and it's mostly only coop vs AI's. Really bored of the game already... I'm waiting for the Sona rework to come onto my server so I can try her and see if Riot ruined her or made her decent~

Still pretty unhappy about the current meta. It's just so boring to watch~~

I really miss S3 style games, with flashy, quick teamfights that turn quickly based on good plays. Now even if someone is caught out 1v5 it's still hard to kill them quickly before their team comes to rescue them (see SHC Selfie on Yasuo live just an hour ago or so).

I love playing support, but I do feel Mikael's needs a huge nerf. They just nerfed Banshee's, so that's a start tho. I don't like how people get to make awful positional mistakes and get away due to broken items or skills (*cough* Thresh lantern). It's why every single pro game now usually lasts 40-60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    It's why every single pro game now usually lasts 40-60 minutes.
    Or an hour and a half
    but yeah no i agree, the complete lack of turn around currently+ huge safety nets is just..boring.
    It's making gaining elo stupid easy(lucian freelo train) but otherwise pretty meh. =\

So new Sona has potential, but she's still not the strongest pick.
    I'd say only pick her into a Nami, otherwise she's still too soft.

her presences in leashes, dragon, and baron is pretty big though what with her 5 man shield& her q AA buff to your allies as well. But even with mana regen runes you can't keep up against enemies like Zyra
    Last edited by Acreon; 08-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.

So new Sona has potential, but she's still not the strongest pick.
    I'd say only pick her into a Nami, otherwise she's still too soft.

her presences in leashes, dragon, and baron is pretty big though what with her 5 man shield& her q AA buff to your allies as well. But even with mana regen runes you can't keep up against enemies like Zyra
    Still haven't played her yet, really no mood to play LoL recently~

If Sona can't compete with the likes of Thresh/Morg/Braum, there's no point playing her anyway.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08...-414.html#more

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08...414-notes.html

Well, the new skins look pretty nice. Don't think I'd buy them tho~

As for Gnar, I'm still not convinced on his skillset yet. They did nerf him pretty heavily recently tho, so hopefully he's not too OP. He's still so cute though...

Also the competitive balancing is a start, but I don't think it'll cause good champion diversity by the time Worlds comes. There's still too many champs that are just too good overall. There's niche picks like Janna which I'd love to play again but there's literally no point when other supports can peel better, do more damage and even initiate fights. So tired of it, I don't even like playing support anymore~~

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

School networked ****ed up League where I can't connect to a match. I can connect to the patcher but what good is that?

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Graves is my favorite champion so, I'm hoping they just keep buffing him because I love playing him as ADC.

Page 4283 of 4290 FirstFirst ... 3283378341834233427342814282428342844285 ... LastLast