Thread: I'm Making My Own MMO

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default I'm Making My Own MMO

Hi! I've been on this forum for a while as a lurker.... But I'm signing up to ask fro some help. I saw that someone kinda had a thread about this already for a company that they worked for, but this is a lot different. I'm currently working on a medieval fantasy-styled MMO for the PC. It will be written in C and it's actually coming along very well.
    When I look ahead and see the complete version of this game, I see a Fable-like MMO game that handles and looks like Zelda for the SNES. You will create your own character and travel around a new world and do all sorts of things to level up all sorts of stats. The game engine will be completely unique from any other kind of RPG out there.
    I have been programming for a while, making programs for the PC, PSP, iPhone, and even Palm, so I will be doing all the programming and graphics work for the game, myself. So, what exactly will I need help with if I've got those, the game plan and story taken care of?
    Well, I have all of these ideas and sketches and plans set out, but I would love some input on my ideas. I don't want to get started with my engine and have to go back and change something because someone has a better idea that they want to offer. I have large databases of weapons, armor, monsters, etc. that I would love people to review and say if they think there should be more or less or even pitch their own unique ideas. So, what do you guys say? Do you guys want to help me out? What do you guys think? I can give you some more information if you guys want.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

how big will the player and monster sprites be? i really want to put together a monster sprite sheet any suggestions? i was thinking like a rock monster or an elderly tree giant... or maybe a wolf... and what type of sprite sheet should i make... should their be diagonals?