Help me! Getting started to programming

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Default Help me! Getting started to programming

Hello! I decided to start programming. But I'm totally new to programming, so i need some information.

How should I start? I know there are languages of programming and I would like to learn the C++ programming language which seems to be "the most functional".

So again "how should I start?", maybe you can provide some useful links, tutorials with all the basics for a person without any programming expierence.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 87

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyVhn0FWWB4

If people on Youtube understand it, anybody can.

Here's another good site that I use:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyVhn0FWWB4

If people on Youtube understand it, anybody can.

Here's another good site that I use:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html
    Second cprogramming; it's really good.

Also, check out this thread.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/1215.html
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Thank you very much for these links! They were very helpful. Programming is really fun and I get used to it fast

By the way, Eriond do you play World of Warcraft? Because back at the days when I was playing WoW there was one cool guy Eriond (Druid) and Twilight's Hammer realm.

Would be pretty cool if that guy is you

Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

Lol, naw, not me. However, I did play as Eriond on Mannoroth. It's a common name though; it's from a book series.

Btw, if you ever need a little more personal help with programming that a guide can provide; feel free to add me on MSN (aharriso56@hotmail.com), or PM me with questions; I don't mind
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

You should have thorough understanding of C programming first. C programming can be learned online via various sources, but they are often offered at local community colleges at many level. Getting started with programming is pretty much like getting a degree in college. I suggest you start taking classes at college if you want a good future in programming. There are also classes that are more gaming/programming-based in jr colleges. But you should have great knowledge of C then move onto Java, because everything is updating to Java right now, not C++

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Great thread. Thanks for the links.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

It depends what kind of platform you are looking to target. Ive been working with Flash quite a bit, and I find its a great platform today. Like Java, it allows you to make web games, which people don't need to download. You can even integrate your flash games with Facebook to get it to an even wider audience.

My belief is if you're gonna make a game downloadable, it better be amazing. Of course C and C++ programming is an industry standard, so its a great learning experience to use it.

Flash has socket support as well so its a great tool to make client-side apps in, and have a C++ server app. This way you can have multiple players in one game!

It depends what kind of platform you are looking to target. Ive been working with Flash quite a bit, and I find its a great platform today. Like Java, it allows you to make web games, which people don't need to download. You can even integrate your flash games with Facebook to get it to an even wider audience.

My belief is if you're gonna make a game downloadable, it better be amazing. Of course C and C++ programming is an industry standard, so its a great learning experience to use it.

Flash has socket support as well so its a great tool to make client-side apps in, and have a C++ server app. This way you can have multiple players in one game!
    Last edited by rstd; 07-11-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-