New Tactical Battle System in Ever-Expanding Atlantica Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Default New Tactical Battle System in Ever-Expanding Atlantica Online

Just found the following over on CGEN:

Ndoors Unveils Troy, Massive New Tactical Battle System in Ever-Expanding Atlantica Online

Upcoming Content Update Delivers Epic 100-on-100 Player Battles, Customizable Home Base and More

Los Angeles - June 3, 2010 - The Aegean Sea will run red with blood as the mythological Trojan War launches 1,000 ships in Atlantica Online, the strategic turn-based massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG) published by Ndoors Interactive. Later this summer, Atlantica Online's newest update will unleash Troy, a nation that - with the help of a mysterious force - has become a peril to surrounding civilizations. The city's defenses have proven impenetrable and even the mighty Sparta has been forced to its knees by the unyielding Trojans. Only by combining efforts will players be able to defeat these fearsome warriors. Challengers of Troy can sign up now for more information and get their first glimpse of the new map in an exciting gameplay trailer here.

Along with the introduction of Troy, the update will showcase Atlantica Online's latest evolution in turn-based combat: The Tactical Battle System (TBS). The new TBS will allow players to take part in action-packed battles of epic proportions. Currently, fights consist of 15 players per side - each player controls one character and one mercenary to create exciting 30-on-30 skirmishes. With the full launch of the TBS players will join as squads or guilds to fight in colossal struggles of conquest with up to 100 characters per side. Strategy and teamwork will be more important than ever to destroy massive opposing armies.

"With the introduction of Troy we are continuing to build upon the strong foundation we've laid for our Atlantica Online player community," said Peter Kang, CEO, Ndoors. "We are fully committed to providing fresh and exciting experiences to our fans as a way of thanking them for their loyalty and ongoing feedback. We look forward to the upcoming launch of Troy and are confident that current and future Atlantica Online players will enjoy the depth and intensity this new map will add to the game."

Troy will also implement the Atlantica Online My Home System, which allows players to customize their "home base" with a variety of furniture, wallpaper and decorations, as well as providing a place to keep their mercenaries to train, help them craft new items and rest after strenuous battles.
    http://cgenetwork.com/MMO_Gaming_New...antica_Online/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 10

This is the most promising that will happen in AO.. I can't wait anymore.. I want to try it

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 16

hmmm interesting...any video clips of the gameplay?

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

I had a thread about the Troy teaser site if you wanna check out the gameplay
    Here's the troy teaser site

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/cen..._troy/sub2.asp

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Sounds cool. I saw the teaser site, THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

We are heroes. We are Warriors. We are legends...

WE ARE THE VANGUARD!

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

It is cool! I'm gonna start playing again so that I won't be left behind when Troy is released.

yeah..I wonder if they'll have new updates in July

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

Bored from questing and Free league.. so another thing to enjoy in atlantica.. wohoohhh

it's July now, but no new info about Troy

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

One playing the tbs tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-cx0RmL5g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast