Project Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

On that note, should I go download xfire, or something?

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 11

I'm on xfire: reizamillion.

Have you considered using msn? If so gotrockz@hotmail.com works.
    SIGNATURE

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Reiza View Post
    I'm on xfire: reizamillion.

Have you considered using msn? If so gotrockz@hotmail.com works.
    I use both.

If you can get Xfire Ginta that would be great. It will be easier for us to contact each other until I get the website up and going (which should be within the next couple hours)

I'm posting this info for a friend so if it's already posted my bad.

Right now in the direction were going we would not like to have classes. Players will be able to choose there own path and were not exactly making combat our only focus either. We want players to NEED to become merchants, builders etc. This would mean we would somehow need to change the wait stats are distributed. Say a player does alot of armor crafting, he will increase in his trade skills as well as Strength. While is STR increases his speed will decrease, which will not be as good for combat like other MMO's. If skills can be blocked with other skills a decrease in speed will mean a decrease in speed of the players attack cool downs as well.

We are still shaping our world so we are not sure what role the fighter character will have. We do know that we will be looking at these three worlds: ( A post from our forums)

1) Samurai Era: There is not many MMO's based upon this era but I think it would be very easily and fun to implement a Open World MMO in this genre. As there will be no levels and players can be killed at anytime and also because well..who doesn't want to be a legendary samarui?

2) Steam Punk: While there are a few games focusing on the Steam Punk generation it's really the one I'm mostly leaning against for now. Steam Punk revolves around technology which I don't think would fit into a open world system well unless done perfectly.

3) A New World: This would be something somewhat different. It could be that the current planetary race was forced to move onto a whole new world or however else we decided to create it but would allow us to shape this new world in any direction we want. As a open source world I plan on allowing players to create and craft any items using any materials (For example a Iron Sword could be crafted but the sword crafted with better quality iron would be better and so on) and I think players would enjoy exploring something that is completely different. If we did it this way I would make sure the In-Game graphics actually reflected a new planet. Trees would be different, rocks materials etc.

So even though a person may focus on training with his sword and giving up the life of a trader a towns person or somesort of smith, he will also be the only one who can choose the fate of other players. This let's the player choose if he want's to be Good or Evil, help who he want's or even just become a "Wanderer".

As the world will also be open to player killing (which our plan is to have the game world very large, I'm not sure if it's possible in this engine and if not we will find a way to work around this as we plan on keeping both the 2D version and 3D version as seperat games on our game portal) we want the world to be very large. Were thinking 2 hours (which would be over a day in-game time) to travel to different towns and villages. Which brings me to my next question...is it possible to make resources (or craft materials) limited? Meaning they go away once used and will only come back X amount of hours (days, months or years in-game time)?
    Last edited by MateriaCloud; 07-21-2010 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Sticks View Post
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...
    And who thought the forum name spoke for itself? xD

Xfire ID: MateriaCloud

Currently Playing
    Lost Saga IGN: Unknown
    League of Legends IGN: Liquidated

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Well i'd be glad to join, i cant really help all that much with the story side of things, but when it comes to map design's/game systems i am exploding with ideas

Banned Reputation: 17

I can help with item designing, brain storming, website, forums, moderator, etc..

Currently looking for a few people who would enjoy making maps. Of course were not at this stage yet but you will need to be in our discussions to start getting ideas for the maps.
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...

Currently Playing

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Elaborate on 'making map' a bit xD Artistically or technically ?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    Elaborate on 'making map' a bit xD Artistically or technically ?
    Technically. The Artist will take care of the Textures and such and Mappers will need to design the world. However, alot of thought must go into the world and we will spend a great deal mapping each area.

I haven't updated this post due to me being pretty busy but I'm still working on it. I'm actually in search of a couple more artists right now and just waiting for some responses on other sites. We will see how that goes.

Lovez~...

Currently Playing

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12