Lets Play FFXI (Yes I know, another LP,>.<)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

I bought the 5 euro steam... installed, 9 hour patching, played 1 hour, and the interface was so horrible, that I quit and uninstalled game.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 38

Actually have to agree with Norsu, I remember the controlls being messy on the PC, but not this messy..

Spent about 10 minutes ingame now and their already getting on my nerves, might be exellent for the console gamer, but not having a decent gamepad and running this game on the keyboard is beyond horrid. Are there any decent tweaks you can do to easen this up a bit? Otherwise im probably putting this game on the shelf again for now, one would have thought they had improved that side of the game after all these years.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    I bought the 5 euro steam... installed, 9 hour patching, played 1 hour, and the interface was so horrible, that I quit and uninstalled game.
    I felt the same but you just have to get used to them. I can help you out a bit if you join our vent.

Everyone who want's to play there is a party thread in the FFXI section with our current IGN's and our server.

I might have mispelled Ginta's IGN though.

Edit: I think me and Ginta are going in-game right now Scoop. Make sure your on the same server as us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Sticks View Post
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...
    And who thought the forum name spoke for itself? xD

Xfire ID: MateriaCloud

Currently Playing
    Lost Saga IGN: Unknown
    League of Legends IGN: Liquidated

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 38

Quote Originally Posted by MateriaCloud View Post
    I felt the same but you just have to get used to them. I can help you out a bit if you join our vent.

Everyone who want's to play there is a party thread in the FFXI section with our current IGN's and our server.

I might have mispelled Ginta's IGN though.

Edit: I think me and Ginta are going in-game right now Scoop. Make sure your on the same server as us.
    Aye I might give it another go tomorrow, falling asleep on the keyboard here. Made one of those cat thingys, thief, on the Asura server and Windafola as starting area. I'll add you folks tomorrow and have another go.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 15

Those complaining about the ugly resolution, there is a fix.
    Open registry and navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PlayOnlinexx\Squareenix\FinaFantasyXI

xx = EU or US

Then set key 003 and 004 to the same resolution as keys 001 and 002

Then run the game and be amazed

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 56

For everyone complaining about the controls. Go to Config-> Misc 2 -> Compact Keyboard.

WASD for movement and ARROW keys for camera, tada.

Quote Originally Posted by Arath View Post
    For everyone complaining about the controls. Go to Config-> Misc 2 -> Compact Keyboard.

WASD for movement and ARROW keys for camera, tada.
    Yea, I tried that out but I prefer the number pad now for some reason. The only problem I seem to have is the enter key and the arrow keys. It seems a bit weird to go through my menu and move the camera with my thumbs.

I remember reading your post from before so I know you have been playing FFXI awhile. Do you know how to open my menu on the keyboard when mobs are near? Everytime I press enter to cast a cure on myself it targets the closest mob. If theres not one there, then I can bring up my own menu.

And...last question. Do you have a good guide for macros? Spells and everything. I've only seemed to get Cure to work on a target. I also know it's possible to macro spells to Party Member 1, Party Member 2 etc. I'm a White Mage so it would be pretty helpful.

Wait..one more actually really important question.

Me and Ginta went to the magic shop 2 days ago. I was level 6 (WHM). There were spells available in the shop for me (Cure, Cure II, Protect etc).

I went back to the shop at Level 8 and Cure II seems to not be in the shop anymore. The only spell is Curaga (I think) which isn't available until Level 18 (Cure II was available to use at level 11). Do you know why this is? I looked in the auction house and it's just to expensive to buy it from there. 3k AH, 1k something at the shop.

Thanks in advance if you can answer these.
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...

Currently Playing

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 6

I should be playing with you guys soon, haven't used my 30 days yet, but I should start it in august (so I can be home to deposit money into my bank account)

currently im testing out well you know a *cough* server if people still call it that? Lol

well anyways

can one of you guys PM the server and starting city.?

Imma look up more on classes and such
    Team Sky Nite - http://teamskynite.net - upcoming competitive gaming team & community

Let's never forget who paid to get us here

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 56

* F1 always targets yourself. The other F keys target people in your alliance/party.

You can assign all the keys on your keyboard actually, well most of them. Its in the config somewhere. I just put my main Menu Buttons somewhere where I found it comfortable.

* As for spells, check out www.ffxiclopedia.com. If you go to the white mage page for example, it lists all spells and where to find them.
    Spells are usually spread out across many cities and different NPCs. And sadly, some are very expensive for beginners. I was lucky and didn't play a mage job until I was way into the game.
    White Mage page is here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/White_Mage

* As for macros:

Magic: /ma "SPELL" <stpc>; --> If you put <me> at the end it casts on yourself. <t> in the end makes it attack the monster. <stpc> is the one you want. If you press your macro your cursor hovers over yourself and you can use the F keys to cycle through your party or alliance to choose the person to buff/cure.

Example:

Offensive magic: /ma "Stone" <t>;

Healing/Buffing Magic: /ma "Cure" <stpc>;
    Click it and then cycle to the member you want to cure. Takes some getting used to but you will love it once you are used to it.

For physical jobs macros function the same way.

Job Ability:

/ja "AbilityName" <me>;

Weapon Skill

/ws "Tachi Gekko" <t>;

* And yeah background resolution is important. So take a look into that everyone, makes the game look way better.

* Old beginner guide an old friend wrote, helps a lot in the beginning:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/User:Evyen/FFXIguide

* Bookmark these pages, you will need them to play the game.

FFXI Auction House: www.ffxiah.com
    Wiki which has all the quest, missions and info you could want:
    www.ffxiclopedia.com

*Hope that helps, happy adventures in Vana'diel. ^_^/
    Last edited by Arath; 07-26-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks, them guides will be really helpful.

As for the Cure II part, I forgot to mention that I went to the same exact shop. It was located in Port Windurst. Unless somehow I went to the wrong NPC..

Lovez~...

Currently Playing

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast