Trials And Tribulations: The Bravest Of Them

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 21

Default Trials And Tribulations: The Bravest Of Them

A war is being fought. Not between two superpowers, not to save the world, just for a single, simple thing. Freedom. America is the same, fighting and helping. The entire planet remains the same as ever. Yes, technology has certainly progressed, in fact, it has crossed boundaries only crossed in fiction. No, there aren't flying cars, the moon hasn't been colonized, laser weapons havn't been created. The main advancement is in computors. Now, a small laptop can have the power of a supercomputor. Virtual Reality has been invented. Now, it is mandatory for babies to have their brain infused with a computor the day they're born. And people can have even more computors installed in their brains fit to their jobs. Now, America is, once again, fighting for freedom. It is a small war against a small terrorist group in Antartica. Unfortunately, they are small, but extremely tough. So, a special ops team, fitted with Combat Specific Microchips to battle against this small group, They're nothing special; they're not the best in the world, they havn't been genetically enhanced, they don't have metal for bones. They're just a group of soldiers sent in to do a job. So, they'll do it. they're outfitted with their equipment, and they're prepared to fight with only their bodies and the computors in their heads. Simple.

Name:
    Nickname:
    Appearance:
    Clothing:
    Weapons:
    Equipment:
    CSM Person Specific Function:

Combat Specific Microchips(CSM) are exactly what they're called; they've been designed for combat. They provide their user with a Heads-Up Display(HUD), which lists objectives, estimated ammo count, list of weapons and equipment, and physical status. they're bigger than normal Microchips, making a small black 'box' at the base of the neck signify their CSM. A person can put drugs into the small black box, allowing their use in times of need. Thus, when a person is in need of drugs, their HUD will flash, asking them if they wish to take action. It is as simple as the thought 'take action' to have the appropriate drugs put into your system. Also, some have been upgraded to allow the actual downloading of information through a wireless link. Then, there are a very special few who are allowed a specific function to be given to their CSMs. One man may have their CSM temporarily release the inherent lock on muscles, thus allowing them to have strength twice the normal, at the cost of causing terrible stress on them. Another may temporarily increase the speed with which electrons are sent, allowing incredibly quick reaction times, at the cost of making the users mind foggy for the next hour or so.

This will be very freeform; you are soldiers put in the middle of Antartica, and your goal is to take out a small but strong terrorist group about a mile away from your beginning location. Note that this will be very realistic; if you get shot in the shoulder, it'll hurt like hell, and there's a high chance your arm will be virtually dead until you get it fixed. Also note that you'll have a lot of freedom in exactly how this plays out. If you want, after the mission, you could quit the military and just live at your own home. Hell, this could turn from a futuristic military RP to a Fantasy VR game RP if you want it to, after the first mission.

That is all.
    First started RPing in October 2009, back then I was one of the worst you'd see grammar-wise. Now in less than a year, I've progressed to be one of the best RPers here. I'm not the most original guy around, but if I get in the mood, I can create posts the God of Literature would be proud of. Along the way I've insulted I've pretended to be female I've become a super perverted guy and I've gained the ability to curse without limit. If I say motherF-er it is simply exclamation.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 12

Name:Morpheus
    Nickname: Deathshot
    Appearance:Skinny but kinda muscular various scars one of which is on his face
    Clothing:Black Sniper suit with a black bandanna shades and combat boots
    Weapons:Steyr IWS-2000 http://img.crazys.info/files/i/2007....97_ntw20_1.jpg two S&W J-frame revolvers And a combat Knife
    Equipment:Smoke nades and flash nades Supplys
    CSM Person Specific Function: Enhanced eyesight Can temporally enhance eyesight puts a real bad strain on his eyesight afterward

heres mine tell me if i need to edit it in anyway im a rp newbie

A Shrubbery Reputation: 14

Name: Rowan Bartle
    Nickname: Cameli
    Appearance:
    Clothing: He wears a light metal, Dyed to blend in with his snowy environment, Armour. Most of the time, It doesn't clank due to expert craftsmanship, making him an excellent predator, and someone you don't want to fight. He wears a long scar that once had scribes on it, But is now mostly torn to pieces.
    Weapons: A long sword that seems to have copper gilded on the very edges and middle of it, Wonder why that is? Nothing to special otherwise.
    Equipment: One smoke grenade, A flare, MRE, and a kit designed for military pick locking.
    CSM Person Specific Function: It gives out a short burst of electricity through his body, Which is controlled and sent out of his hands via copper wire running through his body like a conductor. It releases out of his hands aswell, Onto his sword, Making him quick and agile with a sword the can fry your nerves. He tends to need to rest, After most of his body being electrocuted.
    Last edited by conmon; 08-13-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Switched over to Rap, Good rap, Like Immortal Technique
    Read it and weep

Both accepted.
    First started RPing in October 2009, back then I was one of the worst you'd see grammar-wise. Now in less than a year, I've progressed to be one of the best RPers here. I'm not the most original guy around, but if I get in the mood, I can create posts the God of Literature would be proud of. Along the way I've insulted I've pretended to be female I've become a super perverted guy and I've gained the ability to curse without limit. If I say motherF-er it is simply exclamation.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    I'm currently Living in Denmark and it won't change u know:)

Hey this sounds really great... i loove the idéa of the CSM. So i hope you'll accept my sheet

Name: Shawn Ramirez

Nickname: Ghost

Rank: Private (I would like to be ghost, you know the one who does recon/scouting when they're moving into a new area, if it's allright with you)

Appearance: He has long white hair, and his body is fitted; not pumped, but fitted. His skin color is white, and he has a nasty scar on the left shoulder.
    His eyes are green, mixed with a tint of gray. The Left hand has been damaged and therefore some of the bones has been switched with robotics.

Clothing: Normally he wheres black or gray cloth, but for this mission he has been covered in a white/gray camo suit.

Weapons: Bolt Action Sniper Rifle of course silenced, a pair of miniscale katana (about the size of a knife), a standard pistol and smoke- and frag grenades.

Equipment: A bagpack, in which all of his equipment is. Camo Netting, Medickit, A small shovel,
    A Laptop and Night Vision Goggles, can also be used as a pair of normal goggles.

CSM Person Specific Function: An "Adrenallin" effect wich boost his speed, giving him the ability to peform various things, faster.
    This leeds to convulsions, and perhaps a headegg if used to much.

Looking forward to this

The Commander of the mission, named John and wearing a full body suit that even covered his face in the thick and protective clothing, looked back from the cockpit of the helicopter. Behind him were the soldiers selected for this hazardous mission. One looked like a knigth, one looked like an overprepared gunsmaster, and the other looked like the ultimate espionage man. He had no idea why these people were selected, and his mind tempted him with the thought that someone had made a lottery for the mission. Nonetheless, he closed his eyes, sending all the data they would need to their CSMs. No doubt their vision would be filled by the data, and they'd likely close their eyes to attempt to see the data better. This data was mostly about the defences of this group. Most of them were trained almost as well as veteran soldiers, but they had two disadvantages; one, only a very few of them had CSMs, and two, they weren't expecting such a small team. As the copter finally set down, John winced at the sound of ice cracking. It was bad luck that their landing point was on ice, but he knew this was the best choice. Ice was easier to move and sneak on, and it was the less expected route. He spoke outloud for the first time in days, finding his voice gutteral. "Move it!" He commanded, closing one eye to see a map of the area. "Head due west!" Barked out the commander, finding the sight of a map in one eye and the sight of the world in another somewhat strange and precarious.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 24

I would love to join but I don't have the computer I. Need right now but when I have it I'll put up a sheet and every thing should be ok
    "I have no particular talent. i am merely inquisitive" ~Albert Einstein

A Life without Love is like a Car without Brakes. It'll work, but be cautious.
    ~Bloinx

"Feeling no love, is like having no life" ~imushu

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    I'm currently Living in Denmark and it won't change u know:)

Ghost looked up as the commanders' order flinched the silence.
    The trip had been long and he had been deeply concentrated, looking over the map, finding spots of the area.
    There were lots of opportunity in this place.
    He found himself restless and eager to get into action, but he quickly managed to get a hold of himself.
    he decided to close his eyes one last time to view the map, before moving.
    In his past he had been uncontrolable, and he'd always gotten in trouble.
    This all changed when he joined the fighting force.

He soon found himself practicing instead of joining bar fights, and he learned to control his breathing and temper.
    These abilities made him an excelent sniper, and he was handpicked to infiltrate on several missions.
    He had been able to lay almost without moving a muscle for hours and days, and he could be as silent as the black night.
    When it came to killing he did not enjoy simple kills, and he would almost everytime try to make some spectacular headshot.
    That eager to prove what he was worth, could sometimes mean punishment, for he did not always take the shot if it was
    "just another one". Hoping on glory and reputation, he had joined this mission.

He opened his eyes again, grabbed his rifle and bagpack then moved out of the chopper.