Aion Needs a Free Trial

Hybrid View

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Default Aion Needs a Free Trial

Source: http://my.mmo site.com/694a3db6d48b5a0ee1a04d23b4b0816f/blog/item/1950b2f907fdaa1c5d073715984f0ba3.html

Every single major pay to play MMORPG from World of Warcraft to the more obscure Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds has an MMORPG free trial. Gamers today can practically play ANY MMORPG for free, including the pay to play ones, even if its just for a short while. Heck, I tried out both Pirates of the Burning Sea and Poxnora the other day. I didnít really like either, but after trying those games I wanted to give NCSoftís newest title Aion a try, but to my surprise they donít offer a free trial. NCSoft offers a free trial for their other games including Guild Wars and City of Heroes, but they donít offer a free trial for Aion. Thatís absolutely nuts. Thereís no way Iím going to fork over $30+ to purchase Aion without at least trying the game first.

Iíve actually paid for numerous MMORPGs in the past. Iíve held a subscription for Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot for years. Same with World of Warcraft. I got into both of these MMORPGs through free trials. World of Warcraft, Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot all offer 14 day free trials which let gamers get a good feel for the game. I honestly think NCSoft is losing out on some serious cash as well as players by not offering a free trial. Iíve seen so many awesome HD trailers for Aion, but Iíll never give the game a chance because it doesnít have a free trial.

Seriously though, what on earth is NCSoft thinking? Even obscure pay to play MMORPGs like Alganon, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Star Wars Galaxies offer free trials. NCSoft needs to wake up and step it up. Come to think of it, Star Trek Online doesnít have a free trial either. How dumb is that? Thatís another game I wanted to try, but I canít. Thereís no way iíll buy a game without trying it so, Atari is also screwing themselves over.
    The title says everything

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 11

http://www.aiontrial.com/

I used that...

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Totally agree! I mean, its a load of crap to supply a free trial to every game NCsoft owns except their most popular one! I mean seriousley.

We are heroes. We are Warriors. We are legends...

WE ARE THE VANGUARD!