How to make 3d game?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default How to make 3d game?

Hi,

since I have no experience to answer this question and after reading most of articles posted here (realy great), i am still little confused.

as I understood to make 3D game I need:
    1. Programming language, such as Java
    2. 3D Engine for graphic
    3. Sound Libs
    4. Modeling tool

Steps to go:
    1. Creating graphic figures
    2. Creating sound
    3. Creating Models
    4. Bind all with the programing language to make 3d game program.

Is it right what I understood?
    Or is any other easy way to make 3d game program (pc windows)?

I am thankful for every usefull answer,
    Betzi

Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

That's essentially right.

There are easier ways to make a 3D game; like using a drag-and-drop program, like Realmcrafter, or the like, but you won't be able to create things in exactly the manner you want, and it'll probably cost money (though some engines cost money as well).
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Arri's Animal Reputation: 87

Well, really it depends on what you are looking for. As Eriond said, that is pretty much all of the steps you need to go through. If you are looking for a very simple game, you could always go with Panda3D. It's well documented, and uses Python for scripting. The only cons are that it has no GUI whatsoever, besides a model viewer, and it is pretty limited.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

well, I have no experience about how to develop 3d games but I want learn and create one. Also i did not know that there is many ways to create one. Thanks for the tip with creating simple 3d programs. I will sure try this to get more experience about developing such games.

But say, if i want to make nice 3D game, and I want to use Java as programing language, what programs do I need to manage developing the game? they should be all for free, since my finance is limited to buy any software.

Thanks for your great help,
    Betzi

Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

If you wanted to use Java as a programming language; you'd need to learn the bindings for OpenGL or DirectX, or, you can use a 3D engine that works with Java.

For OpenGL bindings : http://jogamp.org/jogl/www/

Apparently Java has a built-in 3D api, that may or may not use OpenGL; you can find it here: https://java3d.dev.java.net/

Or you could use a 3D engine with Java binds, like Ogre3D, here: http://ogre4j.sourceforge.net/
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Arri's Animal Reputation: 87

This guy on Youtube named thenewboston also has some great Java tutorials. From basics, to game creation.

www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston

His tutorials are under playlists.

As for a 3D Java engine, jMonkey looks promising, and as far as I know, it is an open-source project.