Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Consoles vs PC

Olpah's Object Reputation: 61

console hate upgrading my pc cost too much sometimes

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    Expected life of my computer about 7-8 years.
    3 sony consoles released in 16 years = 5.3 years.

Even if my computer only lasts another 2 years it'd be breaking even.
    So you play your PC without upgrading it for 7-8 years?

I smell bullshit.

It's unsurprising that on a PC gaming forum there is going to be a lot bias towards the PC. But Pok every single one of your posts in these threads reaks of fanboyism it's annoying to say the least.

You say RPGs are better on PC. How?
    MMOs on the console is slowly getting there but they do work.
    FPS? TEH PC HAZ TEH MOUSE TIZ BETEERR!
    With triggers and rumble packs in find the consoles to be far more fun, and say what you like about the xbox community but they don't shout HACKER whenever you do well.

RTS ok I have to give you this, but Halo Wars and Civ Rev worked and were fun games.

Banned Reputation: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    You can buy the best computer available only to have it outclassed a few months later.

Where as... from 1994-2010, only three Sony consoles were released.

Not saying Consoles > PC...but yeah..
    I am still using my 2007 PC which can play games at high to max settings at 1680x1050.

My upgrades went like this.

1995 -> 2000 -> 2004 -> 2007 -> ? 2011

It's not even expensive now.

A PC that is 3-4 times more powerful than a console can be built for around 400-500 USD.

And I upgrade to keep playing games at higher settings, but if you lower the settings as time goes on you still play games with better graphics than consoles.

Banned Reputation: 85

My SNES from back in the day works

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

PC for FPS's, MMO's and RTS', consoles for the rest. I enjoy playing RPGs (mainly JRPGs) way more on the consoles. Also, I just couldn't imagine playing something like Beautiful Katamari on the PC.

Obviously there are exceptions but yeah, you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thas View Post
    PC for FPS's, MMO's and such, consoles for the rest. I enjoy playing RPGs (mainly JRPGs) way more on the consoles. Also, I just couldn't imagine playing something like Beautiful Katamari on the PC.
    Why not?

You can hook up almost any controller into the PC.

I know people who use their SNES arcade sticks on the PC to play fighting games.

I know people who hook up their Xbox 360 controller to the PC to play games too.

A PC is much more versatile than a console.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347

Quote Originally Posted by IronyTaken View Post
    Why not?

I know people who use their SNES arcade sticks on the PC to play fighting games.

I know people who hook up their Xbox 360 controller to the PC to play games too.

this ;o
    although i find it more fun to play console with friends, especially on weekends before we go out.
    then again we mostly play wii

Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders donīt eat healthy

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 14

Why not?

With certain games, you just crave the feel of a console. I know I do.
    letsgopens!

crosby&fleury
    87 & 29

Currently Playing:
    Sacred 2 (Xbox360)
    Legend of Edda
    Waiting On:
    Dynasty Warriors Online

Quote Originally Posted by Synlea View Post

That is your illogical side talking.

The only difference is clicking on the application file to start the game.
    There is no big difference in feel.

Heck you could build a computer and use the NES as it's case.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

Well, this pretty much. I dunno what it is tbh but it just feels different. My main reason for buying 360 tho are the exclusives.

That is your illogical side talking.

The only difference is clicking on the application file to start the game.
    There is no big difference in feel.

Heck you could build a computer and use the NES as it's case.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Sure, it may be illogical, but I'm certainly not lying to you. It truly feels different. It may look, sound, and act the same but your brain knows it's not.
    letsgopens!

crosby&fleury
    87 & 29

Currently Playing:
    Sacred 2 (Xbox360)
    Legend of Edda
    Waiting On:
    Dynasty Warriors Online

Sure, it may be illogical, but I'm certainly not lying to you. It truly feels different. It may look, sound, and act the same but your brain knows it's not.

Whatever....

Whatever....

I wasn't saying you were wrong... I just wasn't wrong either.
    letsgopens!

crosby&fleury
    87 & 29

Currently Playing:
    Sacred 2 (Xbox360)
    Legend of Edda
    Waiting On:
    Dynasty Warriors Online

It is all about opinions people

Banned Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    PC+ joypad= set for life.
    QFT.

/10char

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

As things are now, consoles are better for single players and fighting games IMO. I just like PC for MMORPGS and even then I still usually prefer a console if possible (as long as it's not XBOX). I'll most likely be playing Blade & Soul and FFXIV from the PS3 when they come out.

I tried a while back to play PSU on the PC and it just didn't feel the same as playing it on the PS2. I had the controller set up the same way, no lag or anything but it wasn't the same. Besides, they just don't make certain games for the PC. Granted you can emulate them on one if you wanted to play it but that usually ends up being a lot more work and effort than just buying the console and playing it on that.

Then you have to take in the DSi cuz it's a console too. There's no way I'd want to play The World Ends With You on the PC or the Megaman Battle Network/starforce series either because the synchronization just seems to be off. Certain games just don't feel right on PC, though I guess the same could be said about consoles because there's no way I'd want to play a game such as Ragnarok or Trickster on a console; Some games feel better with a mouse.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    As things are now, consoles are better for single players and fighting games IMO. I just like PC for MMORPGS and even then I still usually prefer a console if possible (as long as it's not XBOX). I'll most likely be playing Blade & Soul and FFXIV from the PS3 when they come out.

I tried a while back to play PSU on the PC and it just didn't feel the same as playing it on the PS2. I had the controller set up the same way, no lag or anything but it wasn't the same. Besides, they just don't make certain games for the PC. Granted you can emulate them on one if you wanted to play it but that usually ends up being a lot more work and effort than just buying the console and playing it on that.

Then you have to take in the DSi cuz it's a console too. There's no way I'd want to play The World Ends With You on the PC or the Megaman Battle Network/starforce series either because the synchronization just seems to be off. Certain games just don't feel right on PC, though I guess the same could be said about consoles because there's no way I'd want to play a game such as Ragnarok or Trickster on a console; Some games feel better with a mouse.
    How are consoles better with single player games?

I understand that we all have different tastes in games but that wouldn't make consoles better at single player games.

Also the DS is a handheld not a console.

Banned Reputation: 31

To me, some games just feel better to play on consoles

for example mass effect 2, to me doing things such as hiding behind a wall feels more fluid with a controller then keyboard

also, some games are designed for consoles then ported onto the pc

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316

Quote Originally Posted by Alivada View Post
    So you play your PC without upgrading it for 7-8 years?

I smell bullshit.

It's unsurprising that on a PC gaming forum there is going to be a lot bias towards the PC. But Pok every single one of your posts in these threads reaks of fanboyism it's annoying to say the least.

You say RPGs are better on PC. How?
    MMOs on the console is slowly getting there but they do work.
    FPS? TEH PC HAZ TEH MOUSE TIZ BETEERR!
    With triggers and rumble packs in find the consoles to be far more fun, and say what you like about the xbox community but they don't shout HACKER whenever you do well.

RTS ok I have to give you this, but Halo Wars and Civ Rev worked and were fun games.
    Yes, I expect to be able to play without upgrading on this PC for another 7-8 years EDIT not another 7-8 years, 7-8 years total. I'm still running things on highest settings and getting near max FPS for the games I play, the only upgrade I may need is my OS.

How aren't RPG's better on the PC? Diablo proved this, hard. Bored of playing regular Diablo? Mod the crap out of it, because you can easily install mods on a PC.

MMO's on the console doesn't compare to PC, as soon as the consoles start requiring mouse and keyboards then you might have a point, but then they'll be like little PC's.

FPS's belong to the mouse, you can like playing with a control stick, but it's no where near as effective, if you really desire you can hook up a PS3 or Xbox controller to your PC. Nice herp-a-derp argument.

PC's can do almost anything consoles can, better than consoles and then more. The only area that consoles win is for splitscreen multiplayer.
    Last edited by Pok; 09-05-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Quote Originally Posted by Froob View Post
    To me, some games just feel better to play on consoles

for example mass effect 2, to me doing things such as hiding behind a wall feels more fluid with a controller then keyboard

also, some games are designed for consoles then ported onto the pc
    You can use a controller on the PC.

And some games are designed for PC and ported to console.

Your point?

Other than the subjective view of video game preference I can see nothing else.

Indeed

The thing about PC is simply alt tabbing and doing something else if your getting bored of a game etc. or you want to check a forum

it is so much simpler than the console

You're fighting a losing battle, IronTaken. I respect your opinion, and I'm sure everyone else does as well, but to some of us... it really just isn't the same.

I know, I know... the PC can do that and more compared to a Console. We all know. I'm sorry, it just doesn't feel right playing "Sonic: The Hedgehog" on my PC in comparison to a Sega Genesis. I can't imagine playing "Rock Band 2" on my computer rather than stick it in my Xbox360.

But, as Kashis stated, similarly, I couldn't imagine playing R.O.S.E. or World of Warcraft on my Playstation. That wouldn't feel right. I mean, technically, consoles CAN do it, but why play it on your console when it just feels right to play it on the PC?
    letsgopens!

crosby&fleury
    87 & 29

Currently Playing:
    Sacred 2 (Xbox360)
    Legend of Edda
    Waiting On:
    Dynasty Warriors Online

You can use a controller on the PC.

And some games are designed for PC and ported to console.

Your point?

Other than the subjective view of video game preference I can see nothing else.
    I do not want to sit half a metre away from my moniter with a controller, when I could be sitting 2 metres away on a sofa from a 42" ich tv.

and no, i will not connect my 42" flat screen to my pc.

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

How are consoles better with single player games?

I understand that we all have different tastes in games but that wouldn't make consoles better at single player games.

Also the DS is a handheld not a console.
    The DSi IS a handheld console gaming system and so is the PSP and even the ipod touch/iPhone. People normally do not consider them when they talk about Consoles vs PC but they should be included.

I'm talking about the current selection of games on console systems compared to PC. As far as Single Player games go, there are more of them that are good on consoles than there are on PC. And in the case of the DSi, there are touch based games that are not quite the same control wise when playing them on the computer. Yes you can emulate TWEWY on the PC but physically drawing the attacks using the stylus -> using the mouse to replicate the stylus. A good number of games can be played on PC 100% but some literally can't.
    Last edited by Kashis; 09-05-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

consoles win