Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Consoles vs PC

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 28

I love PC Gaming for one reason, Mouse and Keyboard.
    I dump so much money in my PC just for that reason.

I absolutely despise console controllers, I can use them. But im so much more precise with my mouse and keyboard.

ArcheAge: Ollo | Name:Lorek - Active
    NAMabinogi: Ruari | Name:Lorek - Retired
    TWMabinogi: 貝婷伺服器 | Name:Kuchiki - Retired

Banned Reputation: 37

I play on both the PC and my consoles [portable or otherwise.]
    I prefer to play on the consoles only because my computer is absolute shite. But even if I did have a supercomputer that could play Crysis on Very High, I'd still play on my PS3.
    Also, I like using controllers to play [and yes, I know there are PC controllers as well]. [youguysalreadyknowthis.]

Banned Reputation: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Froob View Post
    I do not want to sit half a metre away from my moniter with a controller, when I could be sitting 2 metres away on a sofa from a 42" ich tv.

and no, i will not connect my 42" flat screen to my pc.
    You can hook up a pc to your 42 inch tv and play from your couch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    The DSi IS a handheld console gaming system and so is the PSP and even the ipod touch/iPhone. People normally do not consider them when they talk about Consoles vs PC but they should be included.

I'm talking about the current selection of games on console systems compared to PC. As far as Single Player games go, there are more of them that are good on consoles than there are on PC. And in the case of the DSi, there are touch based games that are not quite the same control wise when playing them on the computer. Yes you can emulate TWEWY on the PC but physically drawing the attacks using the stylus -> using the mouse to replicate the stylus. A good number of games can be played on PC 100% but some literally can't.
    Nah that is subjective.

I like far more of the PC single player games on the PC.
    Also you can get a touch screen monitor if you really wanted too.

The PC is still by far the best gaming system objectively.

Also the DS is a handheld. How is it a console?
    Last edited by IronyTaken; 09-05-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

I'm starting to like console gaming more and more for the simple fact that it puts everyone on a level play ground hardware wise. This works well in FPS games especially because you don't have to deal with as many issues with people with crappy computers or as much with hackers. There are some console games that have been hit by hackers pretty hard, but even then it is not like on the level of PC's.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 136

Quote Originally Posted by IronyTaken View Post
    Also the DS is a handheld. How is it a console?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The Nintendo DS (ニンテンドーDS, Nintendō Dī Esu?, sometimes abbreviated to DS or NDS) is a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo.
    Ontopic, the PC has heaps more potential and options compared to a console, but consoles are mainstream, simpler, more cost-effective, and organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinn View Post
    Ontopic, the PC has heaps more potential and options compared to a console, but consoles are mainstream, simpler, more cost-effective, and organic.
    I still wouldn't call it a console.

And I find PC to be cheaper especially with games.

And PC is more mainstream. It generates 43% of the revenue for the gaming market.

The Wii is second with 24%.

Also PC is still increasing by a lot.

Enthusiast PCs are 62% of the total market, and there are 4PCs out there for every Wii, 7 PCs for every Xbox360 and 8 PCs for every PS3.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blog...its-pc-gaming/

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 14

You still can't change our personal preference...
    letsgopens!

crosby&fleury
    87 & 29

Currently Playing:
    Sacred 2 (Xbox360)
    Legend of Edda
    Waiting On:
    Dynasty Warriors Online

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

i prefer console for fps's because imo there a lot less twitchy and usually have less hacks, for everything else its pc, or if the fps has moding as a feature with toolset and all then ill get it for pc.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

The only thing PCs have over consoles are its online rpgs. Any big name FPS or single player game is going to be on console if it wants to be successful. But on the flipside, alot of the big name Console games will never make it to PC. (demons Souls being one of them).

If I could build a 300$ PC that could play games at the quality of a ps3 or xbox, then I would definitely say PC is far better. Sure you can run PC games at a higher resolution then consoles, but you need the expensive hardware to do it.
    Relax and enjoy life

Retired Staff Reputation: 218

It's not even expensive now.

A PC that is 3-4 times more powerful than a console can be built for around 400-500 USD.
    400-500 USD
    not even expensive
    LOL yeah maybe if you still live with your parents.

A PC that is 3-4 times more powerful than a console can be built for around 400-500 USD.
    I find this hard to believe. I hear of people paying 700~800$ for custom built PC, just so they can run games like FFXIV on max.

I go online and try to put together my own PC and it always comes out to around 700.

If you can show me 400~500$ worth of parts that is actually 4x more powerful than a PS3(meaning you can run crysis on pretty high settings) I will seriously sell my ps3 with all my games and order those parts.
    Relax and enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by power_gamer_6 View Post
    LOL yeah maybe if you still live with your parents.
    Then you might as well not own a console or games.....

I was saying it is not expensive when relative to consoles.

It can actually be cheaper when it comes to purchasing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    I find this hard to believe. I hear of people paying 700~800$ for custom built PC, just so they can run games like FFXIV on max.

I go online and try to put together my own PC and it always comes out to around 700.

If you can show me 400~500$ worth of parts that is actually 4x more powerful than a PS3(meaning you can run crysis on pretty high settings) I will seriously sell my ps3 with all my games and order those parts.

FFXIV is not well optimized.

I could build u a pc for around that price just give me some time kind of busy at the moment.

Do you already have a keyboard and mouse? I am guessing that you have that and a hard drive too.

Unless you use a laptop.
    Last edited by IronyTaken; 09-05-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

FFXIV is not well optimized.

I could build u a pc for around that price just give me some time kind of busy at the moment.

Do you already have a keyboard and mouse? I am guessing that you have that and a hard drive too.

Unless you use a laptop.
    Yes, I have a hard drive and mouse and keyboard. Any time you feel like it post the parts here or on my profile.
    Relax and enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    Yes, I have a hard drive and mouse and keyboard. Any time you feel like it post the parts here or on my profile.
    Can you post ur PC specs at the moment?

These

CPU
    RAM (speed and size)
    Motherboard model

If you bought it prebuilt if there is a model number for it post it here and that should give the specs.

Also do you live in the U.S. or Canada?

Can you post ur PC specs at the moment?

These

CPU
    RAM (speed and size)
    Motherboard model

If you bought it prebuilt if there is a model number for it post it here and that should give the specs.

Also do you live in the U.S. or Canada?
    I have one of those crappy dell computers. It was given to me, but I slightly upgraded the onboard graphics card.

9400GT PCI (not pci express)
    2.8 Ghz processor P4
    50 gig hard drive
    1.5 Gigs of ram (not sure how to check size)

Overall not a gaming computer. I mainly use it to watch movies and play low spec f2p games.

I live in USA
    Relax and enjoy life

Retired Staff Reputation: 218

Consoles are $299 and games run anywhere from 40 to 65 bucks. Or I can buy them used and get them for even less. Or I can buy my console used and get that for even less as well, and not have to worry about it not being good enough to play Killzone 3 or Reach or whatever it may be when it comes out with super-advanced everything.

You're still not making me want a PC.

Banned Reputation: 85

Only thing cheaper about PC games is people can pirate them.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 38

Only thing cheaper about PC games is people can pirate them.
    then a x360 console or a wii it's MUCH MUCH cheaper

since...you know...you can pirate games there too

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 57

Dirty how dare you call me dirty I'll beat you with my PS3 (when I buy one ) . That made me giggle it's funny how some people take the whole PC vs Console wars seriously. I've play on both and now one is better then the other it all depends on what you like. I prefer the console but the PC is fun to play on as well.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Technically a console is a computer, just a super cheep one that doesn't have windows or etc. xP

To justify, a computer must have a motherboard with a processor, ram, Video memory dedicated or integrated, power supply, and a storage device. ^.^

I find these debates interesting. If you want a pc get one, if you want a console then get that. I built a lot of PCs and you can get a good cheep gaming rig if you know where to get the parts. I also play on consoles when my friends are over. ^.^
    Last edited by WhiteRaven21; 09-06-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: bad choice of words

Quote Originally Posted by power_gamer_6 View Post
    Consoles are $299 and games run anywhere from 40 to 65 bucks. Or I can buy them used and get them for even less. Or I can buy my console used and get that for even less as well, and not have to worry about it not being good enough to play Killzone 3 or Reach or whatever it may be when it comes out with super-advanced everything.

You're still not making me want a PC.

I am not trying to make you want a PC.

I can find deals on lots of PC games from steam for around 20 USD and lower.

If you buy a lot of games the PC will end up being cheaper.

Also a computer is almost a necessity now in days so building a gaming computer will give you the ability to play games and use it for work and other stuff instead of needing to buy a game console.

Oh and here are three computer builds one is lower end, another is mid end and the other is higher end, in relative to budget builds.

The first build is around 4x more powerful than a PS3. Meant for present day games on high
    The second build is around 5-6x more powerful than the PS3. Meant for present day games on high and possibly some future potential
    The third build is around 8X more powerful than a PS3. Meant for present games on max and lots of future potential.

The First build has a dual core CPU with a stock fan and not much overclocking potential.
    It has 2 gigs of ddr3 1333mhz RAM. So far just about any game only requires 2 gigs for me. (Only certain specific mods like Half Life 2 cinema 10 required more)

The Build also has a 5750 which is enough to run most games maxed 1680x1050 and some a tiny lower than max. Crysis will run fine on high or modded config which looks closer to very high. Or lower resolution with very high.

The second build uses the same cpu but now has 4 gig of ddr3 1333mhz ram.
    It also includes a 5770 which is a little faster.

The third build has a far more powerful Phenom II X3 CPU which can be unlocked to use 4 cores. It is also a black edition so it can be overclocked very well.
    It also comes with a better cpu heatsink fan and thermal compound better than the stock one.

This build also includes the same 4 gigs of DDR3 1333 mhz RAM.
    The video card is a gtx460 which is a bit more powerful than a 5770 and more closer in performance to a 5830 but much cheaper.
    It also has good overclocking potential.

Last edited by IronyTaken; 09-06-2010 at 02:41 PM.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

I just can't play a single player game on a computer(Like GTA). It bores me. A controller on the other hand, I don't know,. I just enjoy it a lot more on a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    I just can't play a single player game on a computer(Like GTA). It bores me. A controller on the other hand, I don't know,. I just enjoy it a lot more on a console.
    I'd rather enjoy GTA IV on the PC with so much of a huge difference in graphics that the console version looks like trash in comparison.

Also it has mods.
    Last edited by IronyTaken; 09-06-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    i use my ps3 controller on my computer if that matters =o, heck i can even use the motion controls =o, anyway i like both, only because i have friends who only have consoles, my own personal preference is a pc cause well...does everything the console does but better looking >.<

I am not trying to make you want a PC.

I can find deals on lots of PC games from steam for around 20 USD and lower.

If you buy a lot of games the PC will end up being cheaper.

Also a computer is almost a necessity now in days so building a gaming computer will give you the ability to play games and use it for work and other stuff instead of needing to buy a game console.

Oh and here are three computer builds one is lower end, another is mid end and the other is higher end, in relative to budget builds.

The first build is around 4x more powerful than a PS3. Meant for present day games on high
    The second build is around 5-6x more powerful than the PS3. Meant for present day games on high and possibly some future potential
    The third build is around 8X more powerful than a PS3. Meant for present games on max and lots of future potential.

The First build has a dual core CPU with a stock fan and not much overclocking potential.
    It has 2 gigs of ddr3 1333mhz RAM. So far just about any game only requires 2 gigs for me. (Only certain specific mods like Half Life 2 cinema 1.0 required more)

The Build also has a 5750 which is enough to run most games maxed 1680x1050 and some a tiny lower than max. Crysis will run fine on high or modded config which looks closer to very high. Or lower resolution with very high.

The second build uses the same cpu but now has 4 gig of ddr3 1333mhz ram.
    It also includes a 5770 which is a little faster.

This build also includes the same 4 gigs of DDR3 1333 mhz RAM.
    The video card is a gtx460 which is a bit more powerful than a 5770 and more closer in performance to a 5830 but much cheaper.
    It also has good overclocking potential.
    I would be happy with any one of those. I don't even need high settings. I just want to be able to play high end games like Age of conan without getting ''your computer sucks to badly'' error lol. Whats the website? SO I can look up all those parts.
    Relax and enjoy life