Who's going to wait for the consoles?

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 16

Default Who's going to wait for the consoles?

Whos going to play FFXIV when it comes out on ps3/xbox360?
    reading some threads about how OB was a dissapointment, How some PC's couldn't handle the graphics, or how much improvements it needs in general,
    .. anyone thinking about just hopping on when it comes into console?

The only reason why I'm thinking about playing it on the ps3 is because
    1) I dont have to worry about optimizing or worrying about FPS/graphics. It should already be set for me at a nice med/high/max setting.
    2)Most of the starting bugs/changes will probably suck in the first month. Not to mention, the future classes will be coming out.. (hopefully dark knights and/or summoners like classes! )
    3)as much as the PC released, I heard it was -intended- for controllers, correct me if I'm wrong.

The only con about waiting is:
    I wont be that dude that walks around while new players think in their head "Whoa .. what armor/job is that? "

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

I'm waiting for it, my computer can't handle it lol.
    You never know how precious someone is till they are gone...
    Past Post Count: 457
    Day Started:Apr 25, 2004

Currently Playing:
    Free Realms (PS3)
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    IGN: Tsukasa Tantalus (Cornelia)
    Aion
    IGN: Tsukasai (Israphel)

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by hanji View Post
    Whos going to play FFXIV when it comes out on ps3/xbox360?
    reading some threads about how OB was a dissapointment, How some PC's couldn't handle the graphics, or how much improvements it needs in general,
    .. anyone thinking about just hopping on when it comes into console?

The only reason why I'm thinking about playing it on the ps3 is because
    1) I dont have to worry about optimizing or worrying about FPS/graphics. It should already be set for me at a nice med/high/max setting.
    2)Most of the starting bugs/changes will probably suck in the first month. Not to mention, the future classes will be coming out.. (hopefully dark knights and/or summoners like classes! )
    3)as much as the PC released, I heard it was -intended- for controllers, correct me if I'm wrong.

The only con about waiting is:
    I wont be that dude that walks around while new players think in their head "Whoa .. what armor/job is that? "

hate break ya bubbles but its not going on 360 i believe they couldn't come to agreement with microsoft later it seems microsoft was bashing/trollin on Final fantasy XIV like it was trash etc.

mincro: i fucked twice then my brothers left me to die

Banned Reputation: 101

There is probably 0% chance of it coming onto the 360.

Square Enix made it clear that they'll have absolutely no plans to port it to that system because Microsoft refuses to make it playable on a silver membership.

FFXI (the 9 year old game) was designed for the PS2, this one should have been designed for PC gaming.

They are NOT going to use the same classes they used in previous FF installments. Classes may be similar to the Dark Knight, but they'll never be called that.

Isn't the Marauder a Dark Knight class with a different name?

Some people's computers can't handle the game because this is the MOST graphically demanding MMORPG on the market.

I would have liked to get it on the PS3, but I don't want to wait half of a year to get it.

Moderator Reputation: 15

I couldn't imagine playing an MMO on a console so I'm getting the PC.
    Looking forward to this game.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Yeah my PC can't handle it so waiting for PS3 release.

The Marauder looks like a hybrid of Dark Knight and Warrior judging by the abilities and weapon but more on the Warrior side. If they had a Dark Knight like class would have to be able to cast black magic and be a moderate DD.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

My laptop sure can't handle it and since I don't do as very much pc gaming as is I don't think its worth spending the 700$+ to make a pc for it.

On the bright side at least when it gets to the ps3 the game will be cleaned up and better.
    Yes games you do suggest on onrpg are just gonna get flamed so why suggest it ^^