PS3 Rage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Default PS3 Rage

So I finally got my PS3...bought LittleBigPlanet...

I can play it no trouble, but only if I don't do the update. When I do the update, sometimes it'll freeze at 0%, sometimes it'll get all the way to 14% (highest so far) and then have some connection error and screw up.

All the other internet features (browser, etc) seem to work just fine, but the damn game update isn't working for me.

Is this a common thing? Unfortunately I only have this one game, so I can't test to see if it does it with others as well...

I'd really hate to have to return it, but I'd rather do so before the warranty runs out, as I bought it used.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    So I finally got my PS3...bought LittleBigPlanet...

I can play it no trouble, but only if I don't do the update. When I do the update, sometimes it'll freeze at 0%, sometimes it'll get all the way to 14% (highest so far) and then have some connection error and screw up.

All the other internet features (browser, etc) seem to work just fine, but the damn game update isn't working for me.

Is this a common thing? Unfortunately I only have this one game, so I can't test to see if it does it with others as well...

I'd really hate to have to return it, but I'd rather do so before the warranty runs out, as I bought it used.
    i dont know if they ever fixed it but try this:

go into your Network Settings and, somewhere in there is a "Media Server Connection", choices Enabled or Disabled. Set it to Disabled. For some reason, having it Enabled interferes with game update downloads.

I just gave that a try and I'm realy hoping it works. I was reading on the PS3 forums and I guess I'm not the only one. And yep, it looks like that did it. *knocks on wood*

Thank Christ. Looks like its one of those questions without any real answers

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

They still haven't fixed that?

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Murxidon View Post
    They still haven't fixed that?
    looks like it i bought my ps3 4 days ago and i had the same problem as Oisterboy

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

I was having that issue a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Urfrid View Post
    looks like it i bought my ps3 4 days ago and i had the same problem as Oisterboy
    How'd you fix it? The media thing did it for me. I noticed it kept saying "Media Somethingsomething has been disconnected" during the updates, so I figured thats what it was.

I opened all the ports too, but that didn't really seem to help.

I heard some people fixed it by plugging in their controllers

Lol. Hope you got it fixed.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

It happened to me a few times but it was because I had a crappy router. Mine's ok now.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    It happened to me a few times but it was because I had a crappy router. Mine's ok now.
    I've got a LinkSys router, its never ever ever given me trouble, aside from maybe having to reset it every once in a while.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    I've got a LinkSys router, its never ever ever given me trouble, aside from maybe having to reset it every once in a while.
    That's what was happening to me, at first it was only once in a blue moon I had to reset my router, then it was every few days. Even had comcast come in and test the connection because we thought it was something on their end but it turned out to be our router was bad.

I dunno if it's the same in your case, but try updating it at a friends and see if it completes.
    Last edited by Kashis; 09-11-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast