Anyone that have experience in the Army or in the Army before want to give me some..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by H4wkeye View Post
    Where did you read such info? It's most likely false. No US Soldier was captured lately. There is one in Afghanistan, but he is still held captive. Also, if a soldier did that, that would be treason. Treason is punished with a death penalty.
    It was in some forum where I read it.

I will try to find the article.

┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ Reputation: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Well they had him in gun point.

What was he going to do?
    Do his job. Take the bullet.

Espada, soldiers take on a sort of contract when they accept their job. That is, that their primary duty is to protect the United States even at the cost of their lives. The defending of the U.S. is more important than the lives of the individual soldier. If a soldier gives up that information to save his life then he is breaking that contract, and is a coward. Most of us would do this, but we are not soldiers and it is why we are not soldiers. If he couldn't handle that sort of responsibility then he should never have been a soldier in the first place.

It's a matter of duty. He no longer has the choice to give up information as it is his duty to not do so. Choosing to break that duty, though, is immoral.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Banned Reputation: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    Do his job. Take the bullet.

Espada, soldiers take on a sort of contract when they accept their job. That is, that their primary duty is to protect the United States even at the cost of their lives. The defending of the U.S. is more important than the lives of the individual soldier. If a soldier gives up that information to save his life then he is breaking that contract, and is a coward. Most of us would do this, but we are not soldiers and it is why we are not soldiers. If he couldn't handle that sort of responsibility then he should never have been a soldier in the first place.

It's a matter of duty. He no longer has the choice to give up information as it is his duty to not do so. Choosing to break that duty, though, is immoral.
    Yup. When you sing that paper, have to be ready for that. You are a professional, you volunteered to be a soldier.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

He gave in because he was scared of dying. If you join the armed forces, you shouldn't be scared of dying. Die For your country

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Yup. When you sing that paper, have to be ready for that. You are a professional, you volunteered to be a soldier.
    bet that soldier is feeling like the dude from 24 in your sig is feeling~

but yea, if you chose to be a soldier, you best be acting like one....Soldier is a profession in itself, you get paid for school, insurance, salary, and etc.

if you don't do your part in accordance of the job description, well, you will get fired, and in this case~ probably put to death.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

"Taking the bullet" has nothing to do with being professional.
    Chivalry bravery and that sorts are not a "professional" ethos. That's probably one thing I will never understand about all those TV shows where motivational monologues or key scenes always highlight the "sense of duty". This is no duty, it's a choice.
    Professionalism is shooting straight. It's not catching the bullet for the massive force of unprofessional nobodies and sustaining their fkups.

If you are brave, courageous and un-witheringly dedicated, you are that for yourself. If you decide to face the shitstorm, you do it because you want to prove your strength in facing it down. The duty for his country will not make a weak coward a warrior.

If I was in the situation I would just teach them a load of bull that would get them killed.

The story btw doesn't sound legit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15...rists-21548918

Yay, dug up something on the rumor.

A pfc; I bet he is teaching them his bad-*** pfc tactics right now...
    Poor dude, I hope he makes it out somehow.
    Last edited by Ronin; 09-15-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Stay frosty.

Banned Reputation: 132

I remember when this guy was captured, I think it was in July last year in Korengal or something, not sure though. I'm pretty sure this is just propaganda, Taliban do this kind of crap all the time. Hope he gets out safe.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

What was he going to do?
    your trained to never tell, even if there slowly peeling you nails off 1 by 1 and doing all kinds of other crazy torture stuff, your not supposed to say anything

V-Opolis

What was he going to do?
    they expect you to do die....one for the greater good i guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12