Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40

Thread: Your thoughts on DFO Priest Patch

  1. #26
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47
    BeLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Why the hate?
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    a STRIKER won't need avatars, all she needs to do is to spam skills
    normally and it will be fine. brawler for an example NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS avatars to pull of some
    connecting combos but hey who plays brawlers anyways!?

    rangers could also use some more attack speed to be more effective but the rest of the characters really don't need any avatars :/

    exorcist was very well balanced (op for many people) but now he's just a massive killing machine, too op
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    I don't just let any woman touch me...

    I'll let you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    It's technically not an MMORPG, but who the hell cares, it's still massive, multiplayer, online, and an RPG.

  2. #27
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadpcGuy View Post
    //full
    //window

    or

    Make a new folder in the dfo folder name it zo3mo4 bam launch in window mode.
    in this patch theres an option to go window mode, and u can also set the resolution! awesome

  3. #28
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34
    Heroshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,968
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Could someone tell me what skeleton keys are for >>? Im really thinking about putting this as a side game of mine along with LoL.

    I miss DFO <3

  4. #29
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,708
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroshi View Post
    Could someone tell me what skeleton keys are for >>? Im really thinking about putting this as a side game of mine along with LoL.

    I miss DFO <3
    You use them to open some treasures that drop randomly from dungeons (they are tradeable so you can buy the treasures). You can get cash shop items from them like Mana Aids, 2X EXP pots, and last I heard pet eggs.

  5. #30
    Game Reviewer Reputation: 47
    Mikedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jackson, NJ
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Thoughts on DFO Priest Patch?

    "Hell, it's about time."
    Currently playing:
    Warframe
    Overwatch

  6. #31
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 103
    xDmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lavega
    Posts
    3,342
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I keep hearing crusaders are going to be super different. Anyone know why?
    Give & Take

  7. #32
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34
    Heroshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,968
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    They get more skills etc that are really good.

    That about sums it up but ill let someone who knows more about the priest patch explain what all has changed.

  8. #33
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 54
    Kanaju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Someplace.
    Posts
    2,095
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Crusaders get better in the Priest Patch, but they really aren't battle orientated as you think. While, yes, you can make a Battle Crusader and you can solo dungeons on Kings Road, it takes a lot (and I mean A LOT) to develop your Crusader and have an adamant amount of skills, levels, avatars, etc etc...

    A Crusader is a lot more work, but in terms of damage, he doesn't match up any character. He will be left behind in the dust, basically.

    On a side note, going to be waiting this out. Vindictus and DFO ... tough choices. I'll just have to see what happens. I got my Monk ready, so no worries for me.

  9. #34
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaju View Post
    Crusaders get better in the Priest Patch, but they really aren't battle orientated as you think. While, yes, you can make a Battle Crusader and you can solo dungeons on Kings Road, it takes a lot (and I mean A LOT) to develop your Crusader and have an adamant amount of skills, levels, avatars, etc etc...

    A Crusader is a lot more work, but in terms of damage, he doesn't match up any character. He will be left behind in the dust, basically.

    On a side note, going to be waiting this out. Vindictus and DFO ... tough choices. I'll just have to see what happens. I got my Monk ready, so no worries for me.
    A good battle sader wipes everyone and anything off the face of Arad. ):

  10. #35
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 125
    Elion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeLady View Post
    a STRIKER won't need avatars, all she needs to do is to spam skills
    normally and it will be fine. brawler for an example NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS avatars to pull of some
    connecting combos but hey who plays brawlers anyways!?

    rangers could also use some more attack speed to be more effective but the rest of the characters really don't need any avatars :/

    exorcist was very well balanced (op for many people) but now he's just a massive killing machine, too op
    Lolol, you obviously have no idea how to play a striker. Thats okay, most people dont.

    I've been gimped since open beta in pvp since I haven't had enough speed for standing combos to work properly. The change in hit recovery and getting to lvl 60 will change all of that though, and I'll be the #1 ranked fighter again fo sho.

    ps brawler combos are a lot easier lolol. And I've had halcyondays kill me from full health in 1 combo, damn stuns. T T
    bam pow bam

  11. #36
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Yoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Need some help here please.
    I try to play the game from the website, and it just says "Downloading the Setting" then it just stops.

    Tried googling, didn't find much info.
    Anyone have this problem?
    I'm using Windows 7, I tried with IE 9, Google Chrome, and Firefox.

    Halp!

  12. #37
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoggoth View Post
    Need some help here please.
    I try to play the game from the website, and it just says "Downloading the Setting" then it just stops.

    Tried googling, didn't find much info.
    Anyone have this problem?
    I'm using Windows 7, I tried with IE 9, Google Chrome, and Firefox.

    Halp!
    Try and find a direct download?

  13. #38
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Yoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Try and find a direct download?
    Hmm, well I've already got the game downloaded and installed.
    It's just when I log in from the website, and press Start, it just says Downloading the Setting and then stops.

  14. #39
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoggoth View Post
    Hmm, well I've already got the game downloaded and installed.
    It's just when I log in from the website, and press Start, it just says Downloading the Setting and then stops.
    Google for "DFO Control Panel" and see if that helps you launch it.
    But be careful to download it from some phishy site, since some people made it into a key-logger.

  15. #40
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Yoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Had the same problem with the control panel.
    I downgraded back to Internet Explorer 8 after reading DFO uses IE settings no matter what browser you login from and start.

    Problem solved, but thanks for all your suggestions Candy.. <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •