Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maple Story Update *Big Bang Patch*

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

You guys seriously think they're going to dumb down the exp to such a degree that you could reach level infinity within a week?

You all need to chill out and realize people being able to level and not get bored to death is not the end of the world. Stop overexaggerating.

Have to lol @ the level 150+ n00bies comment. I never realized Maplestory was a pro game, for pros only, and required years of playing in order to "earn" the "right" to be level 100+

Get over yourselves =/

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    You guys seriously think they're going to dumb down the exp to such a degree that you could reach level infinity within a week?

You all need to chill out and realize people being able to level and not get bored to death is not the end of the world. Stop overexaggerating.

Have to lol @ the level 150+ n00bies comment. I never realized Maplestory was a pro game, for pros only, and required years of playing in order to "earn" the "right" to be level 100+

Get over yourselves =/
    lol he is right.. ^^

GET READY...
    FOR FIERCE SUMMONING ACTION!!!
    www.rappelz.com.ph

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Not to mention MS isn't mob grind heavy anymore what with PQs, Monster Carnival and the Pyramid.

I do think MS is heading in the right direction and I will probably restart once Big Bang begins. :3

Game Journalist Reputation: 86

Well, MS is catered heavily to kids ~ teens nowadays..
    Hence the difficulty is being lowered, tremendously.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by k3lster View Post
    Wouldn't it be the other way around, though? It seems like this version of MS is trying to cater to young adults and adults, you know, people who have jobs or attend college and can't stay the whole day grinding away. Removing the heavy grind makes MS more casual to these kind of players.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 10

These updates make it sound appealing enough to at least retry the game. I didn't mind the grind too much (I half concentrate on the game, there was a lot of waiting for mp to come back and waiting for party quests to start) but at the time I had a lot more fun games to play (it was about when Mabinogi was released I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post

Get over yourselves =/
    People like to bash games, and you know what kind of reputation Maplestory has around here =0

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Wouldn't it be the other way around, though? It seems like this version of MS is trying to cater to young adults and adults, you know, people who have jobs or attend college and can't stay the whole day grinding away. Removing the heavy grind makes MS more casual to these kind of players.
    That's a good point, I'd imagine those new to mmos would get used to the grind and be addicted. It would also affect those that hated the grind a lot as well with all the new skills and changes (Spamming just one tiny skill is a bit urk)

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 62

So when is this coming?

Hey Ya!

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Which service is this? South Korea?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 41

i like the new classes. Battle mage is so epic (the hunter too). The skills are like the name of this patch xD
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129

I might just come back to try out the new classes when this patch is released, but then again, when pirate came out, all it was was a race to get the highest ranked Pirate, nothing else was fun about them (in my opinion).
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Tried most of these classes in KMS, hopefully there will be less mass KSers in GMS than with all them Koreans doing it on KMS, I'll stick with my Aran though, thanks for the offer nexon.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by nawrasz View Post
    So when is this coming?
    first patch is expected this winter, they have no specific date as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by rionkm View Post
    Which service is this? South Korea?
    MS Global
    A wise man once said, "I know alot, but I'll never know everything."

Currently Playing:
    Lotro
    Ashen Empires
    Rose
    Maple Story

Xfire IGN:kyrow25

OnRpg has different sections, please make sure to post in the right section.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 14

aye, i agree with the comment of "lol lv200 pros only" and i also laughed at the comment "difficulty being lowered, tremendously." how was the game hard in the first place??? ???? ????? ?????? cuase it has a monster sized grind that takes you a month to gain 1 level at higher levels???? so thats hard i assume???? grind doesnt equal difficutly, all grind is time consuming, not hard or difficult.

ANYWAYS, i believe we settled on server
    Kradia
    IGN - Okkata
    When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it's "Monster Kill",
    In Quake3 it's "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it's "Kicked by console"
    www.twitch.tv/desanex

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gods-Hand View Post
    Kradia
    IGN - Okkata
    Oi! We play on the same server! I'm playing on iScottHa right now. Super excited for these patches to come out.

I've done my share of research on this BB patching so I'm gonna take some time to go through this thread and correct some tid-bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ednyn View Post
    So,they're making the game even easier than It is now to level? Wow. GG
    It will not be easier to level because, even though they are raising damage caps and EXP curves, monsters' defences and HP will be altered to create a challenge as well; not to mention the new "Auto-miss" system.

If they follow the same EXP cut that kMS followed on their Big Bang update then leveling will be easy mode. That's up to level 200 as well.
    They will not be following kMS's exact EXP curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro18 View Post
    they should better add a pvp function then i would play it
    There is no possible way to implement a full PVP system into the game, simply because ranged classes would have major advantage over all the other classes, especially Flash Jumping. They are, however, implementing more "party vs party" PQs that create more challenge and fun in a 'pvp' like way.

Quote Originally Posted by ayeeGASM View Post
    Watch as little n00bies run around at level 150+.

makes me sad. ;(
    I find it hard to believe 'little n00bies' would be running around at level 150+. Considering the new formulas and monster values, it'd be quite difficult for a n00bie to be running around at level 150+ let alone achieving level 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntchez View Post
    Tsk Tsk Nexon, very dissapointing indeed. I can only imagine people getting to Lv.200 3 days after they are released with this patch.
    -facepalm-

Not to mention MS isn't mob grind heavy anymore what with PQs, Monster Carnival and the Pyramid.

I do think MS is heading in the right direction and I will probably restart once Big Bang begins. :3
    This is a popular choice among veterans of this game. BB will implement many skill balancing tweaks as well as new damage formulas that will basically redefine MS. I, for one, am starting to play MS again because I heard of these patches. :]

Quote Originally Posted by k3lster View Post
    60% of my running teams are 25+ years old.
    90% of my running teams are 20+ years old.
    100% of my running teams are 18+ years old.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

What exp curve are they going to implement if it isn't KMS's curve?

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    What exp curve are they going to implement if it isn't KMS's curve?
    The current gMS curve is actually bigger (requiring more than) kMS. This is because gMS has the 2x exp cards, in which Nexon still makes a majority of their profit from, aside from the ever growing cubes.

well that's a load of ****ing bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    well that's a load of ****ing bullshit
    I don't see why you're so distressed about this. kMS lacks many features that gMS has, which puts the gMS players at a heavy advantage over kMS players in enjoyability aspects.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Is Big Bang going to bring all the original classes to the standards of the newer classes and cause Pages to not suck?

I demand an answer.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    Is Big Bang going to bring all the original classes to the standards of the newer classes and cause Pages to not suck?

I demand an answer.
    Pretty much.

Pages actually have been a lot better, since charges now stack and threaten is now % based

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post

I demand an answer.
    Paladins will become the warrior God's. Ignoring PD, stacking multiple charges (Lit/Ice/Fire/Holy), Combat Orders, Blessing of the Armor, Guardian, Blast, ultimate win, you name it, Paladins will own it.

Yes, Threaten and Blast do stack. So it's possible to ignore up to 40% PD for EACH hit Blast does.

If you're still wondering about the major changes, let me make you a quickie list.
    Oh quick note, Mastery for multiple weapon types have been combined in BB (Swords/Axe/BW all become meshed together). This is true for all Warrior classes. Also, Final Attack works with ALL attack skills, without wasting time either. So a magical extra hit will appear out of nowhere :3. Oh, and one more thing. Weapon swings have no more modifier. You can stab, slash, or swing and it'll be considered the same amount of damage.

With that said, the skills listed in Pale Turquoise is the OLD skill.

Power Guard:
    Max level 20: -20 MP, -20 MP, for 100 seconds absorb 50% of the damage received, deals 100% of damage dealt (after absorbing) back to the enemy.
    Max level 30: -30 MP, for 90 seconds, return 40% of the damage received, blocks part of the received damage.

Take a minute and read what this just said... return 100% of the damage. Enough said. >_>

Combat Orders:
    Max level 20: -36 MP, raise all the skill levels by 2 points for 180 seconds.

How this works? Raises all 4th job skills by 2 levels. Imagine level 32 MW. That's like... I forget the exact percentage but it goes up by that much more. Also, Berserk for Dark Knights. Fun stuff. Combat Orders will become a MUST in many high bossing groups.

Guardian:
    Max level 30: 30% resistance to the elements, block an attack with 40%, stun for 6 seconds when successfully blocked.
    Max level 30: 15% chance to block an attack, stun for 2 seconds.

40% chance to ignore damage. Really? What the **** are you? An assassin? That's just stupid. And not only do you completely ignore it, you also STUN them in the process... FOR 6 WHOLE ****ING SECONDS. Granted, they'll be released from Stun if you damage them within those 6 seconds. BUT STILL!

Blessing of the Armor:
    Max level 10: 20% chance of creating a personal shield, shield absorbs up to 5 times all the damage, +30 w.atk, cooldown of 30 seconds.

So what you're telling me is... not only do Paladins can ignore damage at a 40% rate, they can also create a shield around themselves that ABSORBS damage, and adds +30 w. attack?! You can make a shield every 30 seconds... Ya. Okay.

Blast:
    Max level 30: -24 MP, attack the enemy three times with 280% damage, ignore enemy's defence by 20%, add a 50% critical chance and a 10% instant death chance.
    Max level 30: -24 MP, attack the enemy once with 580% damage.

Oh hey, 280% x 3 = 840%. Cool. Oh and you add 50% chance crit. So let's say you land that 55% chance crit on all three hits. 560% x 3 = 1680%. OH WAIT! There's more!!!!!!!! You ignore the enemie's defense by 20%! Stacked with Threaten, that's 40% of their PD completely ignored. Oh cool . OH BUT WAIT AGAIN! YOU HAVE 10% TO INSTANT KILL! So 10% x 3 = 30%. Ya...

Enough said?

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

,...Idk what a lot of that meant but it sounds like win, I've wanted to try a paladin for ever but everyone told me they were complete fail. so your telling me they are good now?
    Keepin it veritcal forever elevator ridin the escalator to somethin that is greater

Quote Originally Posted by Phiend View Post
    ,...Idk what a lot of that meant but it sounds like win, I've wanted to try a paladin for ever but everyone told me they were complete fail. so your telling me they are good now?
    Ya. Paladins become the best warrior class.

I want to make an MM or a Paladin for BB patch. Wild Hunters are gonna steal all the good xbows though. :[

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 17
    Poofingtin Mannor. With many wolves to keep me company :D

Quote Originally Posted by HappyViet View Post
    Ya. Paladins become the best warrior class.

I want to make an MM or a Paladin for BB patch. Wild Hunters are gonna steal all the good xbows though. :[
    hot damn.

any other classes getting the star treatment? Its nice to see paladins getting a buff Cause they were always cool.
    <3 you boom. AND I am wolf, hear me RAWR
    I play league of legends now! Feel free to add me Jikael or Jikeal... can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderaWolf View Post
    hot damn.

any other classes getting the star treatment? Its nice to see paladins getting a buff Cause they were always cool.

Shadowers are getting flash jump and shadow partner. If I recalled, all moves should work with SP