What is the best programming language to make money?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default What is the best programming language to make money?

i have basic computer knowledge and want to star a programming career in the country i am there are no computer schools nearby so my only source is the internet, can someone become proficient in a programming language just by reading books and tutorials and if so what language do you recommend, any additional tips will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

Yup. You can. It's hard, but doable.

If you just want to make money relatively easily; learn a web language, like PHP and all the associated web stuff (HTML, CSS, SQL). Web jobs tend to need less formal experience (I've found), but pay okay.

There's a good website to learn from here:

http://www.w3schools.com/

You can check out the PHP intro here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Making money

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiPiazza View Post
    i have basic computer knowledge and want to star a programming career in the country i am there are no computer schools nearby so my only source is the internet, can someone become proficient in a programming language just by reading books and tutorials and if so what language do you recommend, any additional tips will be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Hahah, probably hands down -- Java. Its the new COBOL, it will be around forever. I know several languages professionally, and that's the one they pay me most for! You can most definitely start my reading good books and tutorials, but the best way is to start a hobby project, or join an opensource initiative. I started on my Java career path by writing games.

OnRPG Tech Wizard Reputation: 15

I'm a professional programmer, I program for the passion of it, but if you're strictly trying to hit it from the money angle, Java is indeed the language of choice. This language is often used by very wealthy/mature companies due to the benefits that the language offers, but it also has it's own complexities and overhead. Since these companies are wealthy, they can afford to pay you a lot.

Now if you're programming for passion, then you'll have to think about what you're passionate about, and what kind of style of programmer you are, etc.