Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maplestory Big Bang update

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 16

I started playing today, got to lvl 10 on Scania... might make a new char on the new server when that releases.. so yeah... the new update sounds cool
    Team Sky Nite - http://teamskynite.net - upcoming competitive gaming team & community

Let's never forget who paid to get us here

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

If anyone is starting come on Khaini. My friends and I all started on again on that server. We've been playing again for a while now.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    If anyone is starting come on Khaini. My friends and I all started on again on that server. We've been playing again for a while now.
    okay if they dont make new server ill join khaini

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34

Cataclysm comes out on the same date..... I have been wanting to go back to maple for some time now with friends but....

WoW>Maple. My decision is made on what ill be playing.

Perhaps ill go back to Maple a couple months after Cataclysm is out and when I find out what classes are OP and Underpowered and make my decision. To bad from what I hear the community is still ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroshi View Post
    Cataclysm comes out on the same date..... I have been wanting to go back to maple for some time now with friends but....

WoW>Maple. My decision is made on what ill be playing.

Perhaps ill go back to Maple a couple months after Cataclysm is out and when I find out what classes are OP and Underpowered and make my decision. To bad from what I hear the community is still ***.
    lol damn that sucks but oh well ill be playing maple hopefully until you come back lol

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129

Nice. I saw a thread about this a while back, but that was before they released information about it.

I tried to get back into Maplestory a few weeks ago, but it was an utter fail, but I guess I'll download it again, make a character, a try it again on De. 7th.
    Boy, a lot of people will be coming back.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆

Quote Originally Posted by puudleduudle View Post
    Nice. I saw a thread about this a while back, but that was before they released information about it.

I tried to get back into Maplestory a few weeks ago, but it was an utter fail, but I guess I'll download it again, make a character, a try it again on De. 7th.
    Boy, a lot of people will be coming back.
    yap lol thats why a new world would be perfect fresh start for all^^

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

im going to play in the new world for sure!
    IGN thread anyone?

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129

Quote Originally Posted by snguyen View Post
    im going to play in the new world for sure!
    IGN thread anyone?
    Of Cawse!
    Hopefully the cost of a guild can be affordable so we can make an OnRPG guild too...
    I just remember playing both NA and EU and never being able to own a guild, but be promoted to the highest before leader.

I'll be trying the new class:
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

or not. The game play videos are boring.
    Last edited by puudleduudle; 12-06-2010 at 06:09 AM.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

aha, I can really get full meaning of the curve in fact, but maybe I will try some of the games.:3

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 94

In the Big Bang update they are just adding the Battle Mage right and I am so going to start playing again.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

If GMS follows KMS then yes, this update will introduce 3 new classes as part of the Resistance. Wild Hunter, Battle Mage, and The Mechanic.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83

New Events

- Evolving Ring [12.07.2010 - 12.23.2010]: A blank ring that can be upgraded once per day for a maximum of 17 times. On The final day of the event, the ring in your inventory will evolve into a tradable ring.

o Talk to Gaga in major towns to get a level 0 ring. Stay logged in for an hour to evolve the ring into a level 1 ring. Remember to not log out until your level 0 ring has reach level 1, otherwise you’ll have to start again.

o Log in every day and ask Gaga for an upgrade. Hold the item that he gives you for an hour, and then return the potion back to Gaga to increase the ring by 1 level. Remember you must be logged in for one hour.

o The ring must be in your Equip inventory in order for it to gain a level.

o On December 23rd, the current version of the ring will become tradable. This does not apply to users who start the event on this day.

- Eve of Resistance [12.07.2010 - 12.19.2010]: Your chance to get a head start on your Resistance characters.

o This event is open to all adventurers, simply level up and you’ll gain items that can be used by a Resistance character when they are released.

o For reaching milestone levels of 20, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140 and 160, you will receive an Energy Capsule. This capsule can be traded to a character on the same account and can only be used by a Resistance character for an instant EXP injection. Doctors orders restricts to 7 uses of this item.

o For reaching level 40, you’ll receive a special Weapon Box that can be moved to another character on the same account. This box contains a Resistance specific weapon, so it can only be used by members of the Resistance.

- New User Event [12.07.2010 – 02.01.2011]: It’s the best time to play MapleStory, there are so many exciting changes in store, but we have sweetened the deal by offering some special gives to new users. Register as a new users during this time to receive the items.

o When a new user makes a 1st job advancement they are showered with gifts.

§ Basic Magnifying Glass.

§ Dark Scroll for One-Handed ATT 40% for melee and range physical damage classes. (Warriors, Bowmans, Thiefs, etc)

§ Dark Scroll for One-Handed ATT 40% for Magicians, this includes Evan.

§ Dark Scroll for Two-Handed ATT 40% for Arans.

§ A random 10 Day mount coupon for Yeti, Nighmare or Pink Bear mounts.

o When a user makes a 2nd job advancement, they receive one of the following 3 pets: Black Kitty, Black Pig, and Penguin.

o When a user adds 10 friends, a VIP Teleport Rock is given.

- Returned Friend [12.07.2010 – 01.31.2011]: Been away from MapleStory for a while? In addition to having the Big Bang update, we’ve made it more enticing for veteran Maplers to come back.

o Users who have not logged in since November 7th will receive a Ring Box, a VIP Hair Coupon, a VIP Face Coupon and a 1.5x EXP (1 hour) coupon.

o Stay logged in for 3 hours and the ring turns into a Returned Friend Ring with some solid stats!

o Character on the dormant account must be at least level 15 to participate.

- New World Event [12.07.2010 – 12.29.2010]: The Big Bang update is so big that we needed new worlds to contain it. During this event users who level on the new servers will receive special gifts.

o Users in the new world who makes a 1st job advancement will receive 100,000 mesos after completing the quest given by Teo.

o Users in the new world who makes a 2nd job advancement will receive 200,000 mesos after completing the quest given by Teo.

o Users who persevere and make it to level 70 within the event time will receive a custom bandana to commemorate the event. (STR +18, DEX +18, INT +18, LUK +18, Weapon DEF +180, Magic DEF +180, Accuracy +25, Avoidability +25, and Hands +10.)
    http://www.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?...ontentNo=00AMI

Haha at the Eve of Resistance. They are expecting you to get to 160 in 12 days to get all those 7 milestones. I hope they allow me to do it on my CB for 100, 120, 140, 160, DW for 60 and 80, and a new character to get the 40.

Lots of events are going to happen. I wonder if we can do the ring quest on 4 characters of the same account. If they stack, I'll wear them all. If not, keep 1 sell 3. And efff... I logged on earlier today for like 2 minutes to check if my friends are on. I guess I can't get that returned friend ring anymore. I should have just stayed on Guild Wars for those 2 minutes.

Also for any players wishing to start fresh, it's a great time for that because you get that awesome bandana on one of the new servers.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 34

FINALLY i was waiting for this to come out so that i could go back to maple after i heard about this patch coming to Kms it made Gms seem like crap so quit lol. Even though i never made it past 30 anyway now would be a chance to get back into the game with a new server so does anyone know the date of the release of the resistance characters i really wanted to start fresh with an engi T.T

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishGeneral View Post
    wasd is for kids, scrubs and wowfags

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 20

Old news.. But when is it gonna be released for gods sake
    hurr durr

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Walruz View Post
    Old news.. But when is it gonna be released for gods sake
    Dec 7th. It's on the website.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Dec 7th. It's on the website.
    Those little bastards I hope it works on windows7?

edit: What the.. the installer is 2GB big :o Last time I played maple it was less than 900 mb.
    Last edited by Walruz; 12-06-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    hurr durr

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34

*sigh* all those cool events... whats that ring of evolving? What are the stats on it?

They are ****ing evil for releasing this on the same day as Cata. I was hoping it would be later in December... GAHHHHH.... I want to play both badly but im not sure if I can even out the time =( if anything ill just get a character to 10 on maple on tuesday and leave it there while logging in everyday (while alt tabbed playing WoW) to get that tasty ring.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Nah, I'll problaby start playing MS again if this update on GMS was as fun as it was on KMS, too bad my KR nexon acc that let me played MS got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Walruz View Post
    Those little bastards I hope it works on windows7?

edit: What the.. the installer is 2GB big :o Last time I played maple it was less than 900 mb.
    lol i know i was surprised to see it that big of a szie oh well time to start downloading, and also can i see the proof that a new world is ctaully coming in this patch?? ive searched and fiynd nothing
    Last edited by momo2; 12-06-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 60

Derp, when will this come to EU

Quote Originally Posted by hotyman View Post
    lol long time from now it took gms 5 months to develop this, o man this is going to be awesome new world new characters fresh start and onrpg guild

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by hotyman View Post
    Old account ftw. (Y)

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 20

There'll be a guild?!
    sign me up!

I'll try to get Craven as IGN and ill be an aran fo sho, i loved that char, but took ages to lvl on old rates

guys we'll rock in the new world!
    LoL (US) IGN: Craevan

Arri's Animal Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Old account ftw. (Y)
    They blocked my NA Acc due to inactivty,
    the email I used back than got deleted '