+free shit
    +new skills
    +free shit
    +new maps and quest
    +free shit
    +new exp curve
    +free shit

that about sums it up
    o wow thank you man this really does explain everything see you all in the new world
    Started Playing:
    MapleStory

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by puudleduudle View Post
    All of these events are just awesome. I can't wait. Hopefully the character I made when I attempted to play and lvl up before Big Bang was last logged in before Nov. 7th.

Anyway, I already re-installed. Good things it's patching tomorrow, so we won't have to wait long.
    same here cant wait and i cant believe im going back to maple this game just keeps on coming back to my life haha
    Started Playing:
    MapleStory

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

I think they already released the new server it's called Glacia or some shit like that. Not too big of a pop from what I've seen, unless they add another, I'll problaby hop onto that one.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 28

Its really depressing to log in and see all your cash shop clothes fade off of you lol

SSBM: Fox | SmashLadder: Lorek
    ArcheAge: Ollo | Name:Lorek - Retired
    NAMabinogi: Ruari | Name:Lorek - Retired
    TWMabinogi: 貝婷伺服器 | Name:Kuchiki - Retired

Eh, not as bad as getting hacked and logging onto a character with no items nor money.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Eh, not as bad as getting hacked and logging onto a character with no items nor money.
    D'awww D:

10chars

SSBM: Fox | SmashLadder: Lorek
    ArcheAge: Ollo | Name:Lorek - Retired
    NAMabinogi: Ruari | Name:Lorek - Retired
    TWMabinogi: 貝婷伺服器 | Name:Kuchiki - Retired

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 124

I might play this again, I was a level 97 chief bandit before I stopped playing.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Is anyone gonna make a new char? Maybe one that they didn't want/ was not popular back in the day?

Personally, I want to make a hero. Also, the ranger catches my eye too.

Of course, these are just until the resistance comes. Battle Mage FTW!

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

im excited about not only the exp and the interface, but the 3 new classes too :O

i cant choose which one im gonna make first >.<(Mech looks hoping :P)

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 23

Returned Friend [12.07.2010 – 01.31.2011]: Been away from MapleStory for a while? In addition to having the Big Bang update, we’ve made it more enticing for veteran Maplers to come back.

o Users who have not logged in since November 7th will receive a Ring Box, a VIP Hair Coupon, a VIP Face Coupon and a 1.5x EXP (1 hour) coupon.

o Stay logged in for 3 hours and the ring turns into a Returned Friend Ring with some solid stats!

o Character on the dormant account must be at least level 15 to participate."
    does every character on an inactive account get stuff or does the stuff just go to the first character you log in to?
    man I haven't touched this game since vindictus came out

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 12

Can someone please explain to me how all the classes work now? Last time I played they only had Mage, Archer, Rogue, and Warrior.

Explorers aka the basic classes consist of Warriors, Thiefs, Mages, Bowmen, and Pirates are the first classes that get job advancements and max at level 200.

The Cygnus Knights or Knights of Cygnus are a character 'order' available in most game versions, and soon to be available to the rest as well. To get a knight, make sure your character is level 20 and higher (in certain versions, there is no need to have a level 20 character beforehand) After the patch, when you login the trailer will show up, then you will be moved to a black map with Nineheart talking to you asking if you want to have a knight. If you register for the recruitment for Order members, a new Order character will be made with the class Noblesse.

The Cygnus Knights the classes that came after the explorers, are a new breed of heroes with special abilities and different class names. They progress faster than explorers but max at level 120.

Aran was a hero/heroine of the past who fought for the Maple World against the Black Magician. Just before defeating the Black Magician along with the other heroes of Maple, the Black Magician used a last resort and put a curse on Aran that froze him/her in ice for a century. Thus, he/she forgot their memories and abilities. Aran soon finds out that the Black Magician will come back to the Maple World very soon and is determined to defeat the Black Magician once and for all.

The first hero class released, Aran is one of the five legendary heroes that helped defeat the Black Mage years ago. Maxes at level 200.

The second hero class released, Evan is one of the five legendary heroes that helped defeat the Black Mage years ago. Maxes at level 200.

The Dual Blade is the newest class in Global MapleStory as of v.88 on July 21, 2010. It is a branch of the Thief class, yet highly separated and identified by their flashy, quick, stabbing and slashing skills.

"There is a secret war raging in the heart of Kerning City. Lady Syl, the former Dark Lord’s daughter, wages a silent war against the current Dark Lord and his Thieves from an unknown location simply known as the ‘Secret Garden’. Convinced that the current Dark Lord is responsible for her father's death, Lady Syl seeks revenge with the aid of her Dual Blades that wield a deadly weapon in each hand."

A new explorer class thats seen as a sort of upgraded or hero version of the Thief class. Progresses the same as the other explorer classes and maxes at level 200.

It is a brand new job that was released along with the "Big Bang" event, and it is not a branch of job of all the existing jobs. It consists of 3 jobs,they are Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, and Mechanic. Their hometown is in an area called Edelstein, however it has been taken over by the Black Wings. The people of Edelstein are secretly preparing to fight back and resist the Black Wings. As you can see in their picture, they progress the same as the explorer classes and max at level 200.

Hope that sums up each class or at least gives a small description for each class.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

patch starts tonight at 12 AM PST and ends tomorrow at 11AM PST.
    everyone ready!? let's be the first to do zruns so we can control the economy

***Update***
    Sorry, Maplers, we're experiencing longer than scheduled time to ready the cleanest Big Bang update for you. We are now scheduled to begin the update on Tuesday, 12 AM Pacific (3 AM Eastern). We apologize for the inconvenience this delay may cause.

Dear Players,

The big moment has a arrived, the much anticipated Big Bang update will go live tomorrow, December 7th! In preparation for this we will have a maintenace to deploy the game update starting on Tuesday, December 7th at 12 AM Pacific (3 AM Eastern). The maintenance will last 11 hours. During this time all game servers will be unavailable.

-Time-

Pacific: 12:00 AM - 11:00 AM Tuesday, December 7, 2010
    Eastern: 3:00 AM - 2:00 PM Tuesday, December 7, 2010

-What-
    The following will be unavailable:
    All MapleStory game server

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34

Dont expect to play untill LATE tommorow knowing nexon and their patches.

Eh, I don't mind, I have all day to play since I take college online anyways. Plus most of my hw never takes more than 2 hours tops to do.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 12

Actually Nexon has been nice for the few last patches, they even finished them in advance.

Oh well, let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by zhengzhihua View Post
    Actually im not so interested about this game, but don't know why my girl friend told me "must" get this ****in key, or else will break up with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Unalcully View Post
    when you need love spells for you or someone else, better to find hot penny stocks at
    affordable prices to trade online in 2011

After all the shit they did with DFO, nothing surprises me from Nexon.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34

With a patch THIS big its going to take all day most likely. With the priest patch on DFO it was ****ing stupid.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Worth getting into the game if I've never ever played it before? lol
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

lol dont care how long it takes, been playing on and off for 5 years waiting is not an issue
    Started Playing:
    MapleStory

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Worth getting into the game if I've never ever played it before? lol
    oh god yes much better then before when it was shit

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    I think they already released the new server it's called Glacia or some shit like that. Not too big of a pop from what I've seen, unless they add another, I'll problaby hop onto that one.
    they are adding several new servers for the game
    Started Playing:
    MapleStory

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 20

Which new world are we gonna play on?

cuz you know if everyone starts anew, we should at least be playing on the same server...

El nath or Zenith?
    LoL (US) IGN: Craevan

I vote El Nido, it's the first East Coast Server for GMS so why not? I'll make a thread about it tomorrow once it's up.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

Any pvp in this update?