Professional Review for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Reviewers play games just for the purpose of entertainment in their spare time, you know that right? lol
    Yeah but you can't play WoW for entertainment (o( )o) (o(

  2. #12
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34
    Heroshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,968
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If you are going to troll WoW go somewhere else and do it. Cataclysm is BY FAR the best thing to happen to WoW since its been released in 2004.

    Here is my review: More of the same but it is 100% better.

    You might as well say all game expansions or sequels are just "More if the same"

  3. #13
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm gonna be trollin WoW as much as I like and indeed on these forums.
    WoW has totally ruined the MMO scene drawing every single player to it leaving other awesome and potential MMOs to hang dry. The gazillion fanbois of wow could be playing something else and giving a break for other companies aswell. The competition is far from fair when blizzard sets the bar with these pricy expansion packs that don't actually deliver anything but more of the same and cause riots around the globe when people are waiting for the "new WoW" to come out. People have lost their sense of objectiveness and slaved to WoW. It doesn't matter what they release anymore, it's WoW, it sells just like sex.

    I have to agree that you need a solid core game to pull this off and wow isn't really half-bad but there are so way much better games out there. Personally I think once you've levelled to the current cap of wow in a single expansion, enjoyed the raiding and pvping: that's it. You've seen what's it all about. No need to give blizz another 60$ to see the "new content". WoW is by far the worst milker in this industry.

    I don't really mind the average WoW players whom populate about 50% of the servers (QQ,RAGE,EMO..) but I'm pissed that even smart and awesome MMO gamers have gone on that path.

    Because of WoW every game that isn't: ME, NOW, GTFO is a fail.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 12-08-2010 at 07:50 AM.

  4. #14
    Banned Reputation: 161

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,030
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    here is a review on ur review ...

    Don't talk nonsense
    But he speaks the truth.

    Its the same old game :P

  5. #15
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    I'm gonna be trollin WoW as much as I like and indeed on these forums.
    WoW has totally ruined the MMO scene drawing every single player to it leaving other awesome and potential MMOs to hang dry. The gazillion fanbois of wow could be playing something else and giving a break for other companies aswell. The competition is far from fair when blizzard sets the bar with these pricy expansion packs that don't actually deliver anything but more of the same and cause riots around the globe when people are waiting for the "new WoW" to come out. People have lost their sense of objectiveness and slaved to WoW. It doesn't matter what they release anymore, it's WoW, it sells just like sex.

    I have to agree that you need a solid core game to pull this off and wow isn't really half-bad but there are so way much better games out there. Personally I think once you've levelled to the current cap of wow in a single expansion, enjoyed the raiding and pvping: that's it. You've seen what's it all about. No need to give blizz another 60$ to see the "new content". WoW is by far the worst milker in this industry.

    I don't really mind the average WoW players whom populate about 50% of the servers (QQ,RAGE,EMO..) but I'm pissed that even smart and awesome MMO gamers have gone on that path.

    Because of WoW every game that isn't: ME, NOW, GTFO is a fail.
    So basically your argument is that WoW ruined everything and that WoW players should pay and play games that they don't like? They have done that. Every hyped up game that has come out had disastrous flaws that made people leave. That's somehow WoW's fault?

    If Blizzard's expansion packs are overpriced and delivers nothing but more of the same then shouldn't it be other companies' perogative to make their game stand out and deliver it to compete during these so called mediocre expansion packs? And how is it not fair competition? Do you even understand what it means? WoW doesn't have a monopoly. People play WoW for a reason. They're not brainwashed. They simply like to play the game and socialize with the friends they've made there. You're just mad that more players don't play your games.

    So basically once you've played a certain facet of a game once then there's no point in playing extra content? So what then? Should I simply quit playing something like Dungeon and Fighter after the first level? Should I play a single game of League of Legends? Should I simply get to max level and quit every MMORPG I play? Then what's the point? Your logic is so full of holes it's not even funny.

  6. #16
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119
    korncob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In a hair on my own head.
    Posts
    7,771
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf55 View Post
    So basically your argument is that WoW ruined everything and that WoW players should pay and play games that they don't like? They have done that. Every hyped up game that has come out had disastrous flaws that made people leave. That's somehow WoW's fault?

    If Blizzard's expansion packs are overpriced and delivers nothing but more of the same then shouldn't it be other companies' perogative to make their game stand out and deliver it to compete during these so called mediocre expansion packs? And how is it not fair competition? Do you even understand what it means? WoW doesn't have a monopoly. People play WoW for a reason. They're not brainwashed. They simply like to play the game and socialize with the friends they've made there. You're just mad that more players don't play your games.

    So basically once you've played a certain facet of a game once then there's no point in playing extra content? So what then? Should I simply quit playing something like Dungeon and Fighter after the first level? Should I play a single game of League of Legends? Should I simply get to max level and quit every MMORPG I play? Then what's the point? Your logic is so full of holes it's not even funny.
    I've slowly figured out more and more of what makes people flock to WoW like they do over other games..

    WoW is all about the progression of the game, it's not easy, it's not really hard either though, and it's not too fast but it is pretty fast, however there is so much content that it doesn't matter how fast you go through it, there's always more to go through. I'm not saying WoW is the best game of all or anything like that, but it is certainly one of the easiest-going games out there if not the most, and it has craploads of content. Blizzard does have large advantages however it's because they've obviously done a lot of things right with WoW. They also didn't just try to appeal to one part of the world, to specific kinds of people unlike most games that are labeled as "WoW killers" then completely fail (aka Aion, Warhammer, etc.)

    Could sit here all day and list various different reasons why other games have failed. Aion probably got the closest to getting as much attention as WoW has/had, but the US/EU versions got screwed over hardcore and they don't listen to a thing anyone says besides korea. They also have terrible, terrible marketing (Aion vision 2.0, that's all I'm going to say).
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

  7. #17
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    What's worst is that all my friends are Wow fanatics and I'm forced to play the game.
    Not that WoW is the worst choice out of the MMOs around. I'd just much rather play something else, oh well company > game 8o

    @ASDF
    You said it! WoW players are brainswashed.
    Just because they compare everything to WoW.
    "Wanna go for a pizza?" "Nah, WoW is better than pizza."

    Meanwhile..
    Installing Catalysm ;(
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 12-08-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

  8. #18
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    I'm gonna be trollin WoW as much as I like and indeed on these forums.
    WoW has totally ruined the MMO scene drawing every single player to it leaving other awesome and potential MMOs to hang dry. The gazillion fanbois of wow could be playing something else and giving a break for other companies aswell. The competition is far from fair when blizzard sets the bar with these pricy expansion packs that don't actually deliver anything but more of the same and cause riots around the globe when people are waiting for the "new WoW" to come out. People have lost their sense of objectiveness and slaved to WoW. It doesn't matter what they release anymore, it's WoW, it sells just like sex.

    I have to agree that you need a solid core game to pull this off and wow isn't really half-bad but there are so way much better games out there. Personally I think once you've levelled to the current cap of wow in a single expansion, enjoyed the raiding and pvping: that's it. You've seen what's it all about. No need to give blizz another 60$ to see the "new content". WoW is by far the worst milker in this industry.

    I don't really mind the average WoW players whom populate about 50% of the servers (QQ,RAGE,EMO..) but I'm pissed that even smart and awesome MMO gamers have gone on that path.

    Because of WoW every game that isn't: ME, NOW, GTFO is a fail.
    I'm just going to go ahead and ask what everyone else is thinking: Are you an idiot? Have you even played Cataclysm? If you think the content from Vanilla to BC was the same, or even BC to WotLK was the same OR WotLK to Cataclysm is the same...you must not have raided, or played often.

  9. #19
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    remember the hypes about new mmo that will certainly kills WoW
    like when AoC, Warhammer, Aion came out??
    fail, just fail...

    people tends to mock blizzard about their service but dang compare it to other company. blizzard did their job really good......

    when I got hacked long time ago in iRO it took them like 1 month to restore my acc. in WoW sry dude 5h is more than enough...

    pve/pvp content, please give me a comparable mmorpg that offer more pve/pvp content.

    @goldenarrow:
    wanna go for pizza?? no, I want to have pork rice... see it doesnt apply to WoW it could be also f2p crap instead of pork rice

    if the usa WoW community so sucks it must be just the WoW community right!!! right!!! I wont wonder its usa server....

    so far I have met like less than 10% annoying people in LFD.

  10. #20
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10
    aerisnae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    If he QQs so much,
    Why is he playing WoW?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •