A player's view: League of Legends, Dota's worthy successor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Default A player's view: League of Legends, Dota's worthy successor

Of course, who doesn't know League of Legends, but some of you might want a players experience to evaluate the game.

I've been playing for about 3 weeks now, and i'm having alot of fun.
    if you have played Dota before you're probably gonna feel like it's Home, if not...well it's pretty easy to learn.

There's over 60 playable champions, each champion has at least 3 different skins (any skin other than the original will cost RP though)

10 champions are selected every week and become available to play for free, once the week is over the champions change, so in order to play a champion as long as you want you have 2 options, to buy him using Riot Points (real money) or Influence Points which you earn when you win/lose a game (ingame currency), also you get around 180 bonus IP for the first win of the day (24 hours), so u get really around 250 IP for that win.

The game basic mechanics are pretty much like dota, but there are quite some different stuff there, for example you can hide in the bushes to become invisible, only enemies with stealth detection or are hiding in the same bush can see you.

some of the improvements from Dota is the key layout, which are conveniently bound to QWER for skills, D & F for summoner spells, 1-6 for items.

The game also differes in that it doesn't just let u learn everything on your own, whenever you play a champion, the item store tells you the recommended items for that champion which are based on the most used build and core function for that champion (ex. dps, tank, assassin..etc)

Denying has been removed to make the games take less time than a Dota game would, also last hitting enemy creeps feels much easier than Dota.

This is pretty much what i can say for now, here's a sign up link which is also a referal link, no harm helping a brother out no ? :
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...60c38624828777

My ingame name is Killpl0x, with a zero not an O.

if you have any further questions feel free to ask

Cya ingame champs!!

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 13

didnt know LoL uses referral links..

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

You missed the LoL thread.

EDIT: The thread right under this one..... (While i'm writing this)

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 15

Sorry to say but this game is not like dota, well its the same gameplay, but there's just so many things that League of Legends changed that made Dota such a popular and competitive game.
    Not a fan boy, but LoL is basically an easy mode version of Dota, for kids basically lol. Easy to learn and not as challenging as Dota. (Ex. the FoW in Dota, which the trees, If you learn all pathing of the trees you can juke and hide with perfection) That being said, I dont like LoL as much because it just feels like something is missing from the times i played Dota and played sorta competitively.
    But its just my opinion dont flame me >.<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 108

>Killplix

You just had to steal his name, didn't you?

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 65

Quote Originally Posted by vitadrink469 View Post
    Sorry to say but this game is not like dota, well its the same gameplay, but there's just so many things that League of Legends changed that made Dota such a popular and competitive game.
    Not a fan boy, but LoL is basically an easy mode version of Dota, for kids basically lol. Easy to learn and not as challenging as Dota. (Ex. the FoW in Dota, which the trees, If you learn all pathing of the trees you can juke and hide with perfection) That being said, I dont like LoL as much because it just feels like something is missing from the times i played Dota and played sorta competitively.
    But its just my opinion dont flame me >.<
    Disclaimer: Not flaming, or not meaning to.

I hear people say LoL is the easy mode all the time. Honestly I think it's poor thinking on their part which is leading to the degradation of the entire community far too rapidly.

Example time:
    1. 5v5 game. Someone leaves/disconnects/dies in a fire/whatever. The 4 man team pretty much calls it right there. Why? They now have a potential level advantage. They can push a farming advantage with fewer members. Smart use of baiting and what I always jokingly call tower humping can lead to a sweeping victory. But the "easy" game means they lost with the loss of one team member right?

2. I agree that some champs are ridiculously easy. That's true in DotA too from what friends told me about it (They play LoL everyday now btw). But other champs imo take some skill to play well. That skill ranges from skill shots to timing to knowing when to enter a fight. I main Katarina. My mindset tends to be a case of monitoring the enemy stuns and when they are used, enemy hp to nab any runners, my own hp, teammate/team creeps/wards/any other shunpo-able objects to escape with. I also carry flash and cleanse to increase survivabilty for those moments when all hell breaks loose. Is that truly easy?

I'll stop my book there (too much text ), but my point is that it's difficult in new ways. Champions are stronger faster and must be dealt with far sooner than DotA, but that was the point.
    (`*•.¸(`*•.¸( `*•.¸ ¸.•*´ )¸.•*´ )¸.•*´ )
    Even a chance meeting is the fate of a previous life.
    (¸.•*´(¸.•*´( ¸.•*´ `*•.¸ )`*•.¸ )`*•.¸ )

Quote Originally Posted by QuakeStriker View Post
    >Killplix

You just had to steal his name, didn't you?
    steal whose name?

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 15

Referal links are forbidden for this reason. People will advertise a game to be really good just to get people to click on their link . (Get the message?).
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by drachir View Post
    Referal links are forbidden for this reason. People will advertise a game to be really good just to get people to click on their link . (Get the message?).
    if the game wasn't good i wouldn't be advertising it

this also is not really advertising per say, i'm just telling people what's the differences between LoL and Dota, if they wish to try out LoL then no harm from helping the one who told them about the game as well.

plus LoL referral links don't work unless the your referrals reach lvl 5, and i'm telling you, not all people play till lvl 5

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 65

Quote Originally Posted by Killplix View Post
    if the game wasn't good i wouldn't be advertising it

this also is not really advertising per say, i'm just telling people what's the differences between LoL and Dota, if they wish to try out LoL then no harm from helping the one who told them about the game as well.

plus LoL referral links don't work unless the your referrals reach lvl 5, and i'm telling you, not all people play till lvl 5
    You missed the 13000+ post long thread?
    (`*•.¸(`*•.¸( `*•.¸ ¸.•*´ )¸.•*´ )¸.•*´ )
    Even a chance meeting is the fate of a previous life.
    (¸.•*´(¸.•*´( ¸.•*´ `*•.¸ )`*•.¸ )`*•.¸ )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast