Champions Online F2P starts 25 Jan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 25

Default Champions Online F2P starts 25 Jan

Just got email
    I am gonna play it for sure ;D

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 62

Cool another MMO that failed as P2P turning F2P.

Good luck for anyone expecting anything more than a very badly gimped free version of a P2P game with 80% of the content locked. These P2P>F2P failures are nothing like true F2P games, nearly all endgame and other content is locked in these P2P>F2P games (DDO, LOTRO, EQ2) unlike F2P games where pretty much all the time you can play without spending a penny.

If you do plan on playing ANY of these P2P>F2P games your best off just subscribing.
    Last edited by thedudesam; 01-11-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Don't agree with what I say? Go f**k yourself.

Playing
    -League of legends- IGN Sythalron
    -Men of War: Assault squad- Send me your steam and I'll add you.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by thedudesam View Post

Good luck for anyone expecting anything more than a very badly gimped free version of a P2P game with 80% of the content locked. These P2P>F2P failures are nothing like true F2P games, nearly all endgame and other content is locked in these P2P>F2P games (DDO, LOTRO, EQ2) unlike F2P games where pretty much all the time you can play without spending a penny.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 62

Lmfao @ pic.

But seriously, you know im right the F2P variants of these P2P games are nowhere near as free as they make out. I'm just warning people not to get there hopes up and think they are actually playing the entire game for free.
    Nothing more than an over glorified trial.
    Don't agree with what I say? Go f**k yourself.

Playing
    -League of legends- IGN Sythalron
    -Men of War: Assault squad- Send me your steam and I'll add you.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134

Oh, the lols...

http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

Free - Basic Archetypes, Chat restrictions, no special costumes, and an incredibly hard time getting ANY kind of ****ing currency.
    Or
    P2P (At which it failed miserably) - Free currency every week + everything else like the retails (Which I state again, it failed at)

Oh well...

Also, guy above me, you're not any better off with Rift either...

Rock Man Reputation: 11

Lmfao @ pic.

But seriously, you know im right the F2P variants of these P2P games are nowhere near as free as they make out. I'm just warning people not to get there hopes up and think they are actually playing the entire game for free.
    Nothing more than an over glorified trial.
    But DDO & LOTRO really are. Beyond internet fees you don't have to put a penny in... Though there is an ungodly grind to get all those turbine points, it's still technically free.

Now I've said that little line, I cant help but to keep looking at that picture, and I mega-wtf every time.
    Last edited by Munkerz; 01-11-2011 at 10:54 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 215

It's more for those who like decent combat and some customization, most people will play only to find that the costume itself is the only part of customization you get and thats only when you first make it.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 2

If you do plan on playing ANY of these P2P>F2P games your best off just subscribing.
    Wrong.

Most people that play F2P games never reach Endgame in the first place. Also they play many games at once or in a short time so are not looking for tons form one game really.

Most on here play a game a few days/weeks then quit. Champions at least has a higher quality than standard F2P games, so it might keep players around a little longer or at least checking in every few months.

I think it is worth downloading and keeping around as a free game.

You can earn your way through a lot of content in most P2P to F2P games I have tried such as DDO and LOTRO, its not as if you

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 215

The thing I heard is, they're supposedly having a system where you can earn CS points, not as much as Turbine's system but somethings better than nothing I suppose. ^^

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Like most its not actually F2P, but just another freemium game to get the stupid people of the world to flock to it since they are fooled into the "ZOMG ITZ GOT FREEZ STUFF NAO" marketing move.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast