Thread: ff14

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Default ff14

yeah another one of these threads is the game worth buying in it's current state?

im in need of a mmorpg and f2p, b2p, p2p, money isn't an issue if anyone can recommend one i will be playing casually maybe 2-3 hours a day.

no wow please, every time i go back to that game i get bored in 20 min.

thank you.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 5

There's still a lot of work left to be done, the initial mess was a pretty big one.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 29

if ur only playing 2-3 hours might as well get ff14 u pretty much just need to buy the game now since its still free..

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 17

hellgate london was a decent game at release and look at what happened to it. ff14 doesnt have a chance (imo).

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 16

if you can get a free copy (I doubt that would be impossible) since FF14 is still in their free-to-play stage, although we will warn you that the game is a bit of a mess

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by remaru View Post
    if you can get a free copy (I doubt that would be impossible) since FF14 is still in their free-to-play stage, although we will warn you that the game is a bit of a mess
    i think that is an understatement

i personally won't touch XIV, not until in the summer at least!

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

Everyone who's least bit interested in different kinds of MMOs should give FFXIV a try.
    The game differs from generic mmos in few ways.

Graphics/Music are the best out there.
    Crafting has a huge emphasis (crafting/collecting classes make the majority)
    The market system is advanced but lacks user friendliness. Selling/Buying can be exhausting, but itīs "part of the game"
    The game directs the player very little. You have to learn by asking/surfing. Most of the time that player feels there's no content is just that player doesn't know what to do.

The point is that this game doesn't appeal to everyone. It's a roleplaying game with much less emphasis on battle/looting and more in everything else :j

Although the game will be polished and changed in the upcoming months the core game is still solid. Give it a go, the game's cheap as hell

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 5

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Everyone who's least bit interested in different kinds of MMOs should give FFXIV a try.
    The game differs from generic mmos in few ways.

Graphics/Music are the best out there.
    Crafting has a huge emphasis (crafting/collecting classes make the majority)
    The market system is advanced but lacks user friendliness. Selling/Buying can be exhausting, but itīs "part of the game"
    The game directs the player very little. You have to learn by asking/surfing. Most of the time that player feels there's no content is just that player doesn't know what to do.

The point is that this game doesn't appeal to everyone. It's a roleplaying game with much less emphasis on battle/looting and more in everything else :j

Although the game will be polished and changed in the upcoming months the core game is still solid. Give it a go, the game's cheap as hell
    Pretty sure it's not the concept that's the problem, but the crappy execution and release of it in its crappy state. Personally, I'm a little happy that a very hyped up game flopped so hard - it'll teach other developers not to release such a half *** game.