Wrong with this code?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    Heres a guide on how to install the Platform SDK, also while your at it you should also downlaod the DirectX SDK and install that.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/ex...alc/usingpsdk/

Goodluck with your book.
    Hey! Don't turn him off OpenGL Who knows? He could use it instead.

blade: before you dl any graphics sdk, read up on them and see which want you want.
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Well DirectX is definitely industry standard, its constantly being updated and I've heard (not as much from my own experience) that it is somewhat more powerful than opengl.

On the otherhand I think Opengl is much easier to learn, its well supported, it draws and can render objects fast enough to meet todays standards, and its also multiplatform.

I think that you can learn to use both if necessary, but unless you're really thinking that you will pursue a career in graphics programming I dont think DirectX has to be your first choice.

-PB
    Been A Member Since May of 2005

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by pb_destiny View Post
    Well DirectX is definitely industry standard, its constantly being updated and I've heard (not as much from my own experience) that it is somewhat more powerful than opengl.

On the otherhand I think Opengl is much easier to learn, its well supported, it draws and can render objects fast enough to meet todays standards, and its also multiplatform.

I think that you can learn to use both if necessary, but unless you're really thinking that you will pursue a career in graphics programming I dont think DirectX has to be your first choice.

-PB
    It won't be more powerful than OpenGL until DirectX 10 is released, which will introduce geometry shaders. At that point you'll be able to do really great things... like render realistic grass.... and hair....

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Hey I think its not working because I don't have Microsoft visuall 2006 c++ express edition maybe? If somebody could link eme to that download thanks in advance .

Hey I think its not working because I don't have Microsoft visuall 2006 c++ express edition maybe? If somebody could link eme to that download thanks in advance .

Sorry for double post But i'm hoping to get an answer ASAP.

sorry for triple post but nobody is replying. Does anybody know?

Danteís Inferno Reputation: 10

Since you are triple posting, I know you are desperate for an answer. Maybe try re-doing everything? Maybe you made some sort of mistake. Re-install everything. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try. :P

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I have only used the full versions of Visual Studio, so I don't know what the limitations are of the particular express version you have. Basically your error is because the complier just can not find the windows.h file. In the full version I would just tell you to add that directory to list of include directories of the IDE.

I googled this and found this link. http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/sho...=2995&siteid=1

I would try the easier procedure first then if that still does not work move try the workaround.

Other then that, short of installing express version on a virgin machine or sitting in front of yours I donít think I can help.

Hmmm I have re-installed it and (cries) the error stills comes. Which is why now i'm looking for a better compiler so that I don't go throught htis crap anymore. Also When I type the code and recieve an error where I shouldn't. I eventually got pist and decided to copy and paste the code just to see if it worked. But I was pist to see it didn't so that means I wasn't making an error cause it put the error's where Mine were when there are none! Any other solutions?

Danteís Inferno Reputation: 10

Maybe it's not the IDE, but the computer? I don't know, I'm just taking a blind guess :P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12