APB: Reloaded Beta Key Contest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Happy Toast = Happy! Reputation: 10

Post APB: Reloaded Beta Key Contest

UPDATE: Contest is now closed, PMs to the winners have been sent. Congratulations to all participants and enjoy the early access, be sure to tell us about it here on the forums!!

Original Post:

We met up with the GamersFirst team responsible for the relaunch of APB: Reloaded at GDC last week and successfully snuck out a couple of Beta Keys to share with you guys!

Since we only have a handful of them we want to make sure that they go to people that will use their precious time to really test the game and give the developers lots of feedback!

We've come up with a couple of ways to put your dedication to the test:

1. Twitter
    Follow OnRPG on Twitter and @message us the tag-line/slogan you believe GamersFirst should use for APB: Reloaded. Make sure you use the #apbonrpg hashtag so we know you're trying to get a key and not just sending us random messages . The best taglines will be rewarded with a beta invite! If you win you'll receive the details via DM on Twitter (so make sure you follow us).

2. Facebook
    Like OnRPG on Facebook and tell us the name of your Criminal Gang or Enforcer Vigilante Team as a response to the Beta Key Contest Wall post. The most hilarious ones will be rewarded with a beta invite! If you win you'll receive the details via message on Facebook.

3. OnRPG Forum
    You can prove you are a worthy Beta tester for APB:Reloaded right here in this thread as well! To make sure you have what it takes to give proper feedback to the dev team post an answer to this thread answering the following questions:
    - What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!
    - What feature do you believe needed a complete overhaul, again, explain why!

the best answers will be rewarded with a beta invite! If you win you'll receive the details via PM here on the forum.

Note: The keys will not give you instant access to the beta but they will ensure that you get invited in the next wave of invites!

On Monday all of your entries will be judged... may the best criminals and enforcers win!
    Last edited by Nilax; 03-14-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
    OnRPG Administrator

--== After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. ==--

OnRPG Tech Wizard Reputation: 15

- What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!

I loved the character creation of the original APB series. This feature should remain in the game because it allows the players a deeper connection between themselves and their online counterpart.

The game was great and all, but it had extremely limited content; the world was too small. It'll be great if they offered the same game with a bigger virtual world.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!
    Less than lethal, we're no more than thugs if we don't at least -pretend- we're trying to apprehend criminals.

What feature do you believe needed a complete overhaul, again, explain why!
    Clan Leagues, it was more a display of who played the most/had the most members rather than actual skill.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 81

What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!

The radio system, I hope it will never disappear. Even when you don't have the mp3/song of your fellow players it is still awesome that the system scans the song and tries to find a matching song to it.

The matchmaking system, it was so broken that it wasn't very fun to play, matched up against people 20 ranks higher than you ruins the fun, I hope they fix the match making system completely.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I aswell think that the radio system should most definitely stay! Although I haven't played the old APB, I've heard nothing but great things about the audio in it. I've never seen anything like it before.. I mean, come on! If a person passes you with a song you like but you don't have it, it would automatically find a similar one. Amazing how far technology has come.

The game's optimization. I've heard that it wouldn't run that well even on top-end PC's. That needs some fixing!

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

I like the customization of the character and I liked feeling like I was really playing as a cop stopping bad guys from doing tasks. The game was almost perfect except for a few things.

Shooting system was to easy to Aimbot and also like stated above the match making system putting people who were almost experts with people that were noobs.
    DON'T CLICK THE LINK!
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

I bet you tried to click it :P

Alright, here we go.

Drive-by shooting. It made for amazing car chases, especially when you were in a car with 4 people and that one song comes on. Those moments made the game what it was.

Plenty of things, but mostly the upgrades. Everyone used the same 3 weapon upgrades: Rate of Fire, Damage and Accuracy. And for character upgrades, increased health. There were a bunch of other upgrades that were simply outclassed. Coupled with the unbalanced weapons it made the game extremely unfun, especially when you're a low rank rookie getting killed by stat-padding pro players.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 5

--Greatist feature--

I gotta say it was the custimization esepcialy with the vechiles. Everyone truely was unique looking and I used to remember seeing the same cars that I really liked all the time, as well as sometimes I knew I was in serious trouble on an APB just from the look of the enforcers car as I remembered him pwning me several times already

--Needs Improvment--

Ive always said and I believe the one thing I wish ApB had was npc's with guns. Dont get me wrong the free money missions are good and the pvp was enthralling but I wouldnt mind having some npcs to kill for missions sometimes as well as players. I would love to see agressive npcs added to player missions.

hat feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!

I really loved the character customization cause you wont see a character who looks totally the same like another one. So everyone knew who you are.

The hitboxes werent that good. I think they really need Headshot bonus and better protection of aimbots.

Default Reply

What I liked most was the completely new gameplay in the MMO genre. There are many MMO shooters but no open world, mission based shooter. Thatīs why APB is different and new and I love it!

The missions were always the same! You always had to do the same just with another title of the quest! Go there, press F, go somewhere else, defend it, then go back where you were before and press F again! More fun and innovative missions would be awsome!!

Hope you could understand everything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast