APB: Reloaded Beta Key Contest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default My Thoughts

- What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!

Besides the obvious customization options, I preferred having a small group of 4 people instead of larger scale battles with say teams of 8 or more. This allowed you to get to know clan members and their tactics better all while having the pressure of being 1/4th of the team and not say 1/16th...

- What feature do you believe needed a complete overhaul, again, explain why!

I believe the weapon system and the stat stacking on them needed an overhaul because simply put if you didn't have the in game currency or weren't saving up for the enhancements from the start you'll have no luck killing anyone with them. It made people who knew the obvious camping spots too overpowered and allowed them to rack in the kills.
    Last edited by Azefore; 03-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.

- What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!

There are a lot of features I enjoyed from the game that I would like to keep. But probably the best feature I would want to stay the most would be the Character Customization. That feature made everyone different, and it allowed others to share their creations to players. This feature made the game very unique.

The combat system or mission system would be the ones that needed to be fixed up a bit. It felt really repetitive to do the same missions over and over again, it did not feel any different apart from the fact that you were facing different people.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 15

Its likely been repeated several times, but let me clarify that I am not a random joiner. I browse OnRPG and read the news section quite often. However I rarely if ever enjoy reading forums.

Anyways proceeding to the questions.

The most obvious feature I enjoyed was the amount of customization available. It was simply unmatched. I could have easily spent more time customizing and creating new characters rather than actually play the game(but of course I didn't as I enjoyed the game too much). Its quite obvious it should remain, and the limited customization for F2P is one of the primary reasons why I will be subscribing.

But as a a sidenote, I think I speak for everyone when I say I love having in game music. This aspect has really made me enjoy the scenery and world being crafted as I stroll down the various districts playing Rolling Stones or A Tribe Called Quest.

The one feature that definitely needs an overhaul was the memory leakage. Often at times my game would simply crash for no apparent reason. Looking at the usage history showed why. Many of my clanmates and friends have also experienced this issue. A stable and less buggy client is always the way to go to not make your fanbase angry. Afterall being in a buggy or unbalanced world is still preferable to being in a crashing/no world.

Reading the blog posts, its very nice to see optimization and memory usage being prioritized. Those to me seem like the more difficult stuff.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

- I was in love with the custom stuff . Create ur char and cars like U really would love it to be ! it was all possible! It creates diversity in a game , thats exactly what a multiplayer game needs imo!

- The driving really needed a total overhaul , it just didnt feel real at all , the car sometimes made moves that seem total impossible in real life -

- Also the matchmaking system could be alot better , and the group size should be increased to atleast 8 ! I play a Multiplayer game to play together with as many peeps as possible!

- And ( altough i never had trouble with it ) i think they should fix the lag/crashed ALOT of people seem to have. This is really gamebreaking , if that doesnt get fixed , a game will never be good .

Thanks fo Readinngg

PS. Excuse my bad english
    Last edited by rexke1; 03-13-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

What feature from the original APB did you like and do you think should remain in the game, explain why!

I liked the open world and the customization together, why u may ask? Well because it allowed you to create a character of your own style and personality, then you could customize your own car the same way. Then when you go out into the streets you can do whatever you want to do, you can be YOU, you can be that good cop who arrest all of his criminals that he or she encounters or be someone of laziness who doesn't do anything, just sits around all day unless they're needed(bad way to get money), or you could be a deranged killer who goes on a killing spree. Its not like other MMOs where u dress up in the same armors and you go the the same places to level up, that gets boring. This game is the most original I've seen in years.

What feature do you believe needed a complete overhaul, again, explain why!

I think the missions could be change, they seemed a bit static because you would do the same missions over and over again, sometimes they're in sequential order, they were ok but I would like something more with more action like a bomb about to explode(and it actually explodes) if you dont defuse it. Maybe all the crimes should be started by criminals because sometimes i would go into APBs against no one.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 15

Wow the general consensus is the customization being the strongest selling point of the game. Its not off since it's the absolute best customization feature ever built for a game.

The feature from the original APB that I absolutely loved was the character customization. I realize this topic is going to be picked alot, but it's hard to not pick it. First off, you can customize just about everything you can think of from your cheek bones to what paint job your car has. I loved how you could take such a wide variety of symbols you obtained to make different figures. It was always funny to see Homer Simpson or a Smilie face on a huge bilboard as you drove by.

I believe that the upgrade system needs to be completely reworked. First of all, it isn't fair at all to new players who start out with the Star, and get completely dominated by someone with an upgraded Ntec. I've had alot of friends just flat out quit the game just because they would get APB'd against a team of four with upgraded Ntecs. It's not just the Ntec, but just about any assault rifle. This is why many people are looking forward to a chaos district with no upgrades allowed, we also were supposed to get chaos districts when Realtime Worlds owned APB, but well, they closed the game down.

Happy Toast = Happy! Reputation: 10

UPDATE: Contest is now closed, PMs to the winners have been sent! Congratulations to all participants and enjoy the early access, be sure to tell us about it here on the forums!!

If you're a lucky winner here is how to redeem your key:

1. Go to https://www.gamersfirst.com/register/index.php and create or log in to your existing GamersFirst account.
    2. Visit https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb-beta-application/ and input your Beta key and follow the directions.
    3. From there, you should be good to go.

Note that you won't be given instant access to the beta but that the key will ensure that you get invited in the next wave of invites!
    Last edited by Nilax; 03-14-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Clarification
    OnRPG Administrator

--== After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. ==--

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

question, so the keys will allow you to get into the next wave of invites for sure? Or are they just normal keys that make you wait normally?

Happy Toast = Happy! Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nilax View Post
    Note that you won't be given instant access to the beta but that the key will ensure that you get invited in the next wave of invites!
    OnRPG Administrator

--== After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. ==--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast