Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: World of Warcraft

  1. #1
    Rock Man Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    7

    Post World of Warcraft

    Hi,

    I quit playing World of Warcraft about two years ago because... I don't know but now I'm thinking about going back to it. Do you think it's ''good''? Worth going back to it? Did the newest expansion make it ''easier for beginners''? And if that's so, Which realm is best(I'm rolling Horde)?

    I'm posting here because the World of Warcraft seems dead..

    Thanks..

  2. #2
    Rock Man Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranksta View Post
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4d69c49eb8035465190433[/URL]
    also its free
    I am not going to play League of Legends.

  3. #3
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    jigsetcza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It's good. The only MMO I still pay to play.

    Newest expanstion makes it easier/funner to level to 85 but the level 85 instances are harder(and better imo)

    PvP is better now and a bit more balanced compared to the shitbag pvp WoW previously had. To be honest I'm having a good time with rated battlegrounds and the high hp pools. Burst is weaker now with the high hp pools so no more 3 sec deaths.

    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php
    Check the horde : alliance ratio here to see where you wanna go. Enjoy.

  4. #4
    Rock Man Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsetcza View Post
    It's good. The only MMO I still pay to play.

    Newest expanstion makes it easier/funner to level to 85 but the level 85 instances are harder(and better imo)

    PvP is better now and a bit more balanced compared to the shitbag pvp WoW previously had. To be honest I'm having a good time with rated battlegrounds and the high hp pools. Burst is weaker now with the high hp pools so no more 3 sec deaths.

    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php
    Check the horde : alliance ratio here to see where you wanna go. Enjoy.
    I don't trust that website...

  5. #5
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 15
    rocky905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croulix View Post
    I am not going to play League of Legends.
    I would. League of Legends is as addictive but requires much more depth and strategy to play.

    Playing WoW felt chorelike, playing LoL felt SC2 like.

  6. #6
    Rock Man Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    7

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky905 View Post
    I would. League of Legends is as addictive but requires much more depth and strategy to play.

    Playing WoW felt chorelike, playing LoL felt SC2 like.
    League of Legends is the most boring game I've ever played.

  7. #7
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    *Watch how you talk to other users*
    Last edited by Spunkify; 04-12-2011 at 07:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Rock Man Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    lol how little you know child.

    WoW is the most boring game in history.

    THERE IS MUDS WITH MORE CONTENT LOL

    WoW attracted the newbies who never played a game on the computer in their life.... because WoW was of the first mmorpg to actually have commercials.

    The game is grind.... with horrible balance.

    The game is so grind the only way to compete is to go to one of the BILLION gold shops for the game and buy in game items....

    LOL....

    how mentally retarded are some people to play that game

    TAKE YOUR WOW SPAM AND SHOVE IT
    What....?


    .

  9. #9
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    *Watch how you talk to other users*
    Last edited by Spunkify; 04-12-2011 at 07:53 PM.

  10. #10
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 23
    Diokhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    learning english five year old?

    Take your WoW spam and shove it.
    This has been discussed only mentally retards and five year olds enjoy WoW.

    Its a dumbed down crappy game for people who can not handle anything more complicated.
    Rage?

    WoW is a good game, and its a WoW thread.
    End content raiders and high ranked pvpers are (trust me) not "mentally retards and five year olds" Like you prolly are.
    So shove it up your own *** you wanker.

  11. #11
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    jigsetcza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croulix View Post
    I don't trust that website...
    Trust it cause info is being uploaded by players themselves. If you really don't wanna use that as a reference then just guess a server or find the top guild in your region. Can't go wrong with that.

  12. #12
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    learning english five year old?

    Take your WoW spam and shove it.
    This has been discussed only mentally retards and five year olds enjoy WoW.

    Its a dumbed down crappy game for people who can not handle anything more complicated.
    The only child here is you.
    Save your hissy fit for your mother, none of us here care or want to read your tantrums.

    With that said, both WoW and LoL are boring.

    ...

    However, LoL is for little babies that can't afford WoW.


  13. #13
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodEagle View Post
    However, LoL is for people who like MOBA and can't afford WC for DoTA or HoN
    Fixed for you child.

    That just made everything you said so invalid...

    You can't even tell difference in GENRE

    Quote Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
    Rage?
    WoW is a good game, and its a WoW thread.
    End content raiders and high ranked pvpers are (trust me) not "mentally retards and five year olds" Like you prolly are.
    So shove it up your own *** you wanker.
    This is not a WoW thread....

    It is a thread about a person asking about the game play of WoW,
    Maybe you can't read the first post but I sure can.

    High Ranked pvper's compared to what?
    The game is a grind fest and nothing else.


    Fun fact this account and my older one were made before you were born
    Last edited by Decay; 03-20-2011 at 07:58 AM.

  14. #14
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    Fixed for you child.

    That just made everything you said so invalid...

    You can't even tell difference in GENRE



    This is not a WoW thread....

    It is a thread about a person asking about the game play of WoW,
    Maybe you can't read the first post but I sure can.

    High Ranked pvper's compared to what?
    The game is a grind fest and nothing else.


    Fun fact this account and my older one were made before you were born
    They're part of the 'boring' genre.

    Fun fact: 1+1 = 2.

    Sum1 needz fwesh babi diapar!
    Last edited by BloodEagle; 03-21-2011 at 03:43 AM.

  15. #15
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodEagle View Post
    They're part of the 'boring' genre.
    LOL

    yes the boring genre called grind fest mmorpg's right? aka WoW

  16. #16
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 30
    Kw1q51lv3r_Vorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    somewhere zooming around in this dimension
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inhefinny View Post
    Praca Telesprzedawca Praca endokrynolog
    The Commonwealth Bank in Australia has been Praca Agent Ubezpieczeniowy idiosyncratic to rethink its set media covenant after revelations that pike could be disciplined or in concordance sacked if their friends criticised the bank on sites such as oferty pracy kraków
    ogłoszenia pracy rzeszów
    Someone shove dynamite into this one's derrière. Please.
    smlst sig evr

  17. #17
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    jigsetcza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    The game is a grind fest and nothing else.
    How is WoW a grindfest? It's one of the easiest games to max level with. I've played more than 20 MMOs and it's the only MMO that I had a max level with. Have you actually played the game? (Private servers don't count.)
    Last edited by jigsetcza; 03-22-2011 at 04:44 AM.

  18. #18
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsetcza View Post
    How is WoW a grindfest? It's one of the easiest games to max level with. I've played more than 20 MMOs and it's the only MMO that I had a max level with. Have you actually played the game? (Private servers don't count.)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindin...ideo_gaming%29

    Thus, the "level playing field" effect is considered by some to be a misleading attempt to hide the real reason for grinding: unwillingness to budget sufficient content resources to produce a varied game
    The problem is you haven't a clue what grind is because you are raised in a WoW era that dictates that grind is the norm when all it is ... is sloppy game development.
    Last edited by Decay; 03-23-2011 at 07:22 AM.

  19. #19
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    jigsetcza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindin...ideo_gaming%29



    The problem is you haven't a clue what grind is because you are raised in a WoW era that dictates that grind is the norm when all it is ... is sloppy game development.
    Acting real smart eh? Every MMORPG has grind, that's how they get you to play. If you get to max level and the best gear with 5 mins of playing then you wouldn't play that for a very long time now will you?

    You said that wow only has grind but your statement is false then you give me a link to wikipedia. If you don't wanna grind then don't play a MMORPG.

    You're funny.

    P.S. You haven't even addressed my question, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME?
    Last edited by jigsetcza; 03-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.

  20. #20
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsetcza View Post
    Acting real smart eh?
    Well unlike you ... I am.

    The most common usage is in the context of MMORPGs, such as Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft and Dragon Quest IX
    Right from wiki

    P.S. You haven't even addressed my question, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME?
    Yes

  21. #21
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    Well unlike you ... I am.



    Right from wiki


    Yes
    you trust everything Wikipedia says? I thought you said you were smart...

  22. #22
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    you trust everything Wikipedia says? I thought you said you were smart...
    you trust your mom saying your not a fat retard kid?

  23. #23
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    jigsetcza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I like how you're taking pieces of my post to argue. Next time quote the whole post.

    Again, all MMORPGs have grind so I really don't see your point. Also again, if you get to max level and the best gear with 5 mins of playing then you wouldn't play that for a very long time now will you?

    I'm just curious but what MMORPGs do you like? I'll try playing it because I'm getting the feeling that WoW is a bad game for you.

    Give me a "good" game by your standards.

  24. #24
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    you trust your mom saying your not a fat retard kid?
    more than I trust anything you could possibly say.

  25. #25
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 15
    airrazr7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DA ATL
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croulix View Post
    Hi,

    I quit playing World of Warcraft about two years ago because... I don't know but now I'm thinking about going back to it. Do you think it's ''good''? Worth going back to it? Did the newest expansion make it ''easier for beginners''? And if that's so, Which realm is best(I'm rolling Horde)?

    I'm posting here because the World of Warcraft seems dead..

    Thanks..
    If your going back to WoW after two years you will find much different than you left it. Many places have been changed thanks to cataclysm. The starting areas are more involved in the story line and quest based leveling seems to flow together more than it did in the old azeroth were you would finish a zone and research to find the next one that would let you level faster.
    Pvp seems about the same, it may be a bit more balanced due to high HP these days but its the same old WoW pvp. Rated battlegrounds are a nice touch though. if your into pvp'ing you will be relieved to know that you know longer have to do arenas or grind dailies to get top end gear.
    Dungeons and raids and much different as well. They are much like the one back in vanilla where the tank had to be good just to keep aggro, dps had to actually watch their threat and healers had to think.
    All in all WoW is still a good game to get into. Many good times will be had. Sure there are things that may not be as good as another game, and the old school players will whine about how they had it so much harder, and kids will whine that their class is getting countered by the class designed to counter them. But just ignore them and enjoy yourself.

    As for the guy complaining about the grind, you do realize every game has a grind correct? I would like you to find a game that doesn't, both online and single player. Yes WoW has a grind but its not nearly as bad as other MMO's out there. Hell even CoD has a grind, and a pretty bad one at that if you think about it. You are constantly playing games to get the next rank/gun/mod/camo, and it will never stop until you get max prestige or you do prestige at all and get every gun. I have yet to play a game in my life that doesn't have a grind to it. Wait, i take that back, sports games dont really have a grind...but they're sports games, who cares.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •