Page 1208 of 1308 FirstFirst ... 2087081108115811981206120712081209121012181258 ... LastLast
Results 30,176 to 30,200 of 32691

Thread: Videogame Screenshot/Video Thread(Read the rules!)

  1. #30176
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    NightAir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    If FF 14 would have been b2p, I'd totally get it, but a monthly sub with me being able to play around 10 hours a week is a no go. Unfortunately, because I did play the original game and got a free month at this...liked it a lot, would really want to play.

  2. #30177
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,718
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightAir View Post
    If FF 14 would have been b2p, I'd totally get it, but a monthly sub with me being able to play around 10 hours a week is a no go. Unfortunately, because I did play the original game and got a free month at this...liked it a lot, would really want to play.
    I always get annoyed when people say things like this. Making something b2p or f2p will make the quality drop. They also wouldn't be able to bring out the amount of updates they currently have. You would have like a update every 4-5months, and now you basicly have one every month.

  3. #30178
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,703
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    I always get annoyed when people say things like this. Making something b2p or f2p will make the quality drop. They also wouldn't be able to bring out the amount of updates they currently have. You would have like a update every 4-5months, and now you basically have one every month.
    Not quite true, at all. Two of the highest quality games I've ever played are b2p. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2. Both have regular content updates, both are fun, both have great stories. One is kinda on the deadish-side (TSW), the other is doing pretty well for itself. However, both are games I come back to regularly when I'm bored of everything else.

    In my experience, most P2P games don't get as many frequent content updates as they should. New features, adventures, story arcs, are usually only added once every 3-4 months even as P2P. Of course, every game has tweak/bug fixes in-between the major patches. I dunno if FFXIV:RR is getting monthly content updates, but I doubt it is. And if it is, I would attribute it to still being fairly early in its release/life cycle.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-17-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  4. #30179
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Space!

    My First time playing Space Engineers!

    Last edited by Box of Emotions; 06-17-2014 at 11:39 AM.

  5. #30180
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 76
    Mystryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,732
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    whats holding you back

    Looks fun, might start playing too if I can get a hold of some money for the sub
    League of Legends US - IGN ForceModified
    Steam - mystryx1


  6. #30181
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Not quite true, at all. Two of the highest quality games I've ever played are b2p. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2. Both have regular content updates, both are fun, both have great stories. One is kinda on the deadish-side (TSW), the other is doing pretty well for itself. However, both are games I come back to regularly when I'm bored of everything else.

    In my experience, most P2P games don't get as many frequent content updates as they should. New features, adventures, story arcs, are usually only added once every 3-4 months even as P2P. Of course, every game has tweak/bug fixes in-between the major patches. I dunno if FFXIV:RR is getting monthly content updates, but I doubt it is. And if it is, I would attribute it to still being fairly early in its release/life cycle.
    GW2's quality dropped extremely fast. The mega server system actually doesn't help the game. Nor do the permanent gathering tools in the cash shop that never break.

    The Secret World is okay, but it could be a lot better.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  7. #30182
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,718
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Not quite true, at all. Two of the highest quality games I've ever played are b2p. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2. Both have regular content updates, both are fun, both have great stories. One is kinda on the deadish-side (TSW), the other is doing pretty well for itself. However, both are games I come back to regularly when I'm bored of everything else.

    In my experience, most P2P games don't get as many frequent content updates as they should. New features, adventures, story arcs, are usually only added once every 3-4 months even as P2P. Of course, every game has tweak/bug fixes in-between the major patches. I dunno if FFXIV:RR is getting monthly content updates, but I doubt it is. And if it is, I would attribute it to still being fairly early in its release/life cycle.
    As a game journalist you should do some more research before say things like this. In terms of FFXIV it had patch 2.28 a few weeks ago and the next update 2.3 will be the 8th of july. This update comes with new dungeons, dailies and a new raid. Between 2.3 and 2.4 will also be a update.

    With GW2 it only went strong at the start, but the support and updates they provide are taking longer and longer. The only updates gw2 is actually getting atm is bug fixes and little extra's. I can't say anything about TSW, cause it's practically dead and and has too many sales going from 10% to 40% off of the game, just to get some more players.

  8. #30183
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,703
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    As a game journalist you should do some more research before say things like this. In terms of FFXIV it had patch 2.28 a few weeks ago and the next update 2.3 will be the 8th of july. This update comes with new dungeons, dailies and a new raid. Between 2.3 and 2.4 will also be a update.

    With GW2 it only went strong at the start, but the support and updates they provide are taking longer and longer. The only updates gw2 is actually getting atm is bug fixes and little extra's. I can't say anything about TSW, cause it's practically dead and and has too many sales going from 10% to 40% off of the game, just to get some more players.
    Don't see what me being a games journalist has anything to do with what I said.

    In my experience, as someone who grew up playing nothing but p2p MMOs, what I said was true. I specifically stated that "I dunno" when it came to FFXIV and what I said was just speculation made by a non-player who has no real interest in keeping up with the news of the game.

    As for GW2, I don't pay attention to most of the updates as I've yet to get a character up to max level yet. So there's still a crapton of content for me, even without updates. I still have fun with it, though. And it's still a high quality game.

    As for TSW, it's had 9 major "content updates" to the game so far. Called "Issues". That's not counting hotfixes, bugfixes, tweak patches, and minor updates. That's since it's release in 2012. So that's 4-5 major content updates a year (so far). I do think the release of these content updates is spread out by about 3-5 months tho, and possibly they are taking longer. But not quite sure as I don't actively play the game and, while I do have more interests in is updates than I do in GW2, I don't follow it closely enough to be 100%.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-17-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  9. #30184
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    14,956
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    yeah i played ffxiv only a few months ago and it already has so many new content like ventures, housing, daily's, new dungeons, more ui options, new mounts and quests. theres probably a lot more i havent even seen yet.
    the only thing i wish they worked on is voice acting more quests.




  10. #30185
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Don't forget that Patch 2.4 will add a new class and advance job. Some RIFT to change it up:



    They added a coin-lock system since I logged in last, so the e-mail they sent me was a bit strange (They didn't make a template for players who have never seen the coin lock system before. They only expect current players to receive the e-mail.) They also added tutorial videos (IE: Soul tree) rather than having you open up a help dialog and whatnot. (Last time I logged in: over 1.5 years ago.) They now offer purple sets via the equipment bundles for raids 1 and 2 which are the pay2win bundles:



    And yes, I still have my storm perks and the turtle mount from Raptr.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 06-17-2014 at 02:29 PM.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  11. #30186
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Don't forget that Patch 2.4 will add a new class and advance job. Some RIFT to change it up:
    And along with that new class and job we will see the third version of coils as well (end game raiding) + more of the usual dungeons most likely a new primal, maybe gold saucer and chocobo racing, there is a lot of good stuff coming still!

    Regarding patch 2.3 we also get personal rooms if you have a free company house, and they said that no later then 2.38 they will add personal housing into the game, so that isn't even being pushed to 2.4 as of yet but it's just "side patch" which happen monthly usually.

  12. #30187
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    And along with that new class and job we will see the third version of coils as well (end game raiding) + more of the usual dungeons most likely a new primal, maybe gold saucer and chocobo racing, there is a lot of good stuff coming still!

    Regarding patch 2.3 we also get personal rooms if you have a free company house, and they said that no later then 2.38 they will add personal housing into the game, so that isn't even being pushed to 2.4 as of yet but it's just "side patch" which happen monthly usually.
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to personal housing. I finally was able to complete Leviathan a day or two ago thanks to a healer in my FC. So now I'm all caught up with the main story.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  13. #30188
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    GW2's quality dropped extremely fast. The mega server system actually doesn't help the game. Nor do the permanent gathering tools in the cash shop that never break.

    The Secret World is okay, but it could be a lot better.
    Mega servers help a lot actually. They fixed the biggest issue, which was guild missions. You now can get credit from another guild's missions by helping them.

    Not to mention map chat is active in damn near every map now.

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    As a game journalist you should do some more research before say things like this. In terms of FFXIV it had patch 2.28 a few weeks ago and the next update 2.3 will be the 8th of july. This update comes with new dungeons, dailies and a new raid. Between 2.3 and 2.4 will also be a update.

    With GW2 it only went strong at the start, but the support and updates they provide are taking longer and longer. The only updates gw2 is actually getting atm is bug fixes and little extra's. I can't say anything about TSW, cause it's practically dead and and has too many sales going from 10% to 40% off of the game, just to get some more players.
    If by support and updates for GW2 you mean the updates every 2-4 weeks, that's because they were taking a break + focusing on the China launch. The next "season" starts on July 1st.
    Last edited by Akeras; 06-17-2014 at 02:54 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  14. #30189
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to personal housing. I finally was able to complete Leviathan a day or two ago thanks to a healer in my FC. So now I'm all caught up with the main story.
    Nice! Just in time for Ramuh in 2.3 . Which is going to have a hard mode story and extreme mode fight as well with some i100 weapons (rare drop) and i100 accesories!

    I am so excited about 2.3 , even if it's mostly "casual" content (none coil stuff, a bit easier to progress and all) I still want to do it all.

    *obligatory screenshot*
    The best boredom pose while i was waiting for my team mates to get ready for coils.

  15. #30190
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,718
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    Nice! Just in time for Ramuh in 2.3 . Which is going to have a hard mode story and extreme mode fight as well with some i100 weapons (rare drop) and i100 accesories!

    I am so excited about 2.3 , even if it's mostly "casual" content (none coil stuff, a bit easier to progress and all) I still want to do it all.

    *obligatory screenshot*
    The best boredom pose while i was waiting for my team mates to get ready for coils.
    I'm still having false hope that CT2 will not have a loot cap, and you can just keep doing it to college the pieces. Other then that I'm not really fond of the Ramuh ex. Farming a weapon is going to be a pain in the ass like mirror farming....

  16. #30191
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 92
    Klaime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Playing the better doges game.


  17. #30192
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    They added a coin-lock system since I logged in last, so the e-mail they sent me was a bit strange (They didn't make a template for players who have never seen the coin lock system before. They only expect current players to receive the e-mail.) They also added tutorial videos (IE: Soul tree) rather than having you open up a help dialog and whatnot. (Last time I logged in: over 1.5 years ago.) They now offer purple sets via the equipment bundles for raids 1 and 2 which are the pay2win bundles:
    The funny thing is that bundles that you call "p2w" are actually trash compared to what you can just get ingame by doing the instances. You can literally outscale the need for them in one or two raids. Don't call some p2w just because it's in the cash shop, thats not how it works. I played Rift before and after it went F2P and a lot of people as it were complaining about that because they don't know anything about the game. It's just for convenience at best but the gear itself is trash for people too dumb to get into the raids.

    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

  18. #30193
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    I'm still having false hope that CT2 will not have a loot cap, and you can just keep doing it to college the pieces. Other then that I'm not really fond of the Ramuh ex. Farming a weapon is going to be a pain in the ass like mirror farming....
    I would not mind having something to farm, as long as the fight is fun, there is still a few alts I want better weapons for. I am just hoping the drop rate is higher then mirror's, so it won't take 100+ runs to get a single weapon to drop.

    There is also the daily hunts that can/will give alexandrite, so I can progress my novus a little bit faster.

    CT2 loot cap has sadly been confirmed already, so just let go of that hope! Cause it won't happen till 2.4.

  19. #30194
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,111
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    I would not mind having something to farm, as long as the fight is fun, there is still a few alts I want better weapons for. I am just hoping the drop rate is higher then mirror's, so it won't take 100+ runs to get a single weapon to drop.

    There is also the daily hunts that can/will give alexandrite, so I can progress my novus a little bit faster.

    CT2 loot cap has sadly been confirmed already, so just let go of that hope! Cause it won't happen till 2.4.
    it was obvious that loot cap will be there its the same with saves for second coil its their way to say ''hell no you not farming the shit out of this...''
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  20. #30195
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 27
    Miiksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Archlod 2 closed beta. Graphics maxed out.

    Last edited by Miiksu; 06-17-2014 at 05:52 PM.

  21. #30196
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 22
    TheApe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    My adventures in Archlord 2 closed beta...

    Killing some mobs




    First dungeon complete and I think that was enough Archlord 2 for me...


  22. #30197
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    it was obvious that loot cap will be there its the same with saves for second coil its their way to say ''hell no you not farming the shit out of this...''
    Ya, pretty much , I don't mind the lock out to much myself.
    It's a shame I can't raid all week but so be it.

  23. #30198
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 22
    TheApe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    After archlord 2 it's time to try swordsman online...



    Last edited by TheApe; 06-17-2014 at 08:31 PM.

  24. #30199
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,111
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    well Holy Shield Animus

    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  25. #30200
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    well Holy Shield Animus

    Congrats!

    I decided to buy the soldiery/i100 chest for my monk, cause I simply had to unload some soldiery tomes due to being on 1.950/2000 with only 200 capped for the week.

    Did a little bit of glamouring cause you gotta look right :
    (before glamour shot, I like the high allagan monk set, but not when it's incomplete, the visor and gloves look a bit weird this way)



    And a glamoured shot :


    Battle mode bonus :

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •