Videogame Screenshot/Video Thread(Read the rules!)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    the more customization the better, right?

i dont really see how its a shitty game, from square's standards u might be expecting more from it, but if u compare it with any other jrpg on the ps3 it completely blows everything out of the way except for ni nu kuni maybe. i was also very happy to see they added a jp voice + english sub dlc to the game, now i played all 3 games with jp voices which made the game so much better
    yeah it's definitely a lot better than souls/dragons dogma/tales of/atelier *rolls eyes*
    ff13 evangelists are horrible

there's a wolf in my heart

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    yeah it's definitely a lot better than souls/dragons dogma/tales of/atelier *rolls eyes*
    I would agree with you on that Candy.

I been loving rpg/jrpgs sense Phantasy star and Chrono Trigger and I played what I can think of every FF game out there even mystical quest and to be honest Mystical quest is even better than FF-13. Sure I should not say allot about Lighting Returns because I only played the demo but the reason I don´t like it is.

They went far away from your 3 party rpgs they always made and made it more like 1 person army rpg type with dress up doll system and picked the worst charter to do so.

During the few hours spent in ff13 witch I regret ever playing Lighting came off like a robot, 0 personality a person you could not relate or feel sorry for like if she was killed you would not be sad you would be like meh and keep playing.

A RPG done right from Square was Bravely Default they brought back some old system like job chance witch I loved in FF5 and the good old summons and turned base combat with a new twist the brave and default system sure im only 28h in the game but so far I love it and it reminds the good days when rpg was fun and had a gripping story and was not about the graphics and not about dress your character in new customs you need to pay for.

In the end Lighting Returns feels more like a cash cow than anything else and hens the reason I would never call me a fan boy of any game because they seams to be easily fooled and buy any crap there favorite company shit´s out.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Dark Souls 2 PC preview

Looks like we didn't get the improved Lighting that the trailers and e3 demo had.
    Thanks From for backstabbing the community.

Should also be noted that From said the reason they changed the lighting system to the current crappy system is because consoles couldn't handle it and maintain 30fps. That's no excuse for PCs not to have it.
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 229

To be honest. I think the older atelier series are better, without the damn time limit. But in terms of graphics it's way better. Square should've went into the whole cartoony cell shading style with FF.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    Dark Souls 2 PC preview

Looks like we didn't get the improved Lighting that the trailers and e3 demo had.
    Should also be noted that From said the reason they changed the lighting system to the current crappy system is because consoles couldn't handle it and maintain 30fps. That's no excuse for PCs not to have it.

Thank god for SweetFX ;] Perhaps not the best solution but at least something that will improve the visuals by a ton.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    Dark Souls 2 PC preview

turns out they probably developed from the ps3. otherwise no reason to scrap the entire engine, because everything from geometry to textures are different in release from reveal.

the new atelier are great tbh, i love meruru/ayesha/escha.

there's a wolf in my heart

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Quote Originally Posted by Verde View Post
    Thank god for SweetFX ;] Perhaps not the best solution but at least something that will improve the visuals by a ton.
    Maybe they will even make a compatible ENB for it , with that you could make it look like the E3 demo , and maybe even better .

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 92

WOW

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Klaime View Post
    WOW

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Yeah, I agree. Just saw the video from my facebook feed. Man, that's one detailed character creation interface. On another note, I'm sharing a video made by a friend of mine.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

hmm those first 2 dont really play/feel jrpgish, i believe those both were made for the western audience too. but games like the tales series, atelier.. yeah, i found those to be less fun.

ff13 games graphics and audio are stunning. story makes me want to keep playing to see what happens next but sadly disappoints often in the end, but its not exactly that bad to make me stop playing either. the Japanese voice overs make the characters sound more alive and emotional compared to the English ones imo. lightning self may not show this often but thats cause she's carrying a heavy burden and dont want to drag others into it. however you do see her opening up more to her friends halfway trough 13.
    as for gameplay, the combat was soso but got better with each game and im really enjoying it in lightning returns. i did hope movement would play a bigger role though. side quests are mostly standard fetch quests but are interesting because u get perma stat increases from them (and there are atleast 125 or more of them) + the game is full with little gear/skill upgrade systems again to keep you busy.
    overall im satisfied ;p

Currently Playing: FFXIV

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Page 2924 of 3114 FirstFirst ... 1924242428242874291429222923292429252926293429743024 ... LastLast