Videogame Screenshot/Video Thread(Read the rules!)

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Not quite true, at all. Two of the highest quality games I've ever played are b2p. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2. Both have regular content updates, both are fun, both have great stories. One is kinda on the deadish-side (TSW), the other is doing pretty well for itself. However, both are games I come back to regularly when I'm bored of everything else.

In my experience, most P2P games don't get as many frequent content updates as they should. New features, adventures, story arcs, are usually only added once every 3-4 months even as P2P. Of course, every game has tweak/bug fixes in-between the major patches. I dunno if FFXIV:RR is getting monthly content updates, but I doubt it is. And if it is, I would attribute it to still being fairly early in its release/life cycle.
    GW2's quality dropped extremely fast. The mega server system actually doesn't help the game. Nor do the permanent gathering tools in the cash shop that never break.

The Secret World is okay, but it could be a lot better.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Not quite true, at all. Two of the highest quality games I've ever played are b2p. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2. Both have regular content updates, both are fun, both have great stories. One is kinda on the deadish-side (TSW), the other is doing pretty well for itself. However, both are games I come back to regularly when I'm bored of everything else.

In my experience, most P2P games don't get as many frequent content updates as they should. New features, adventures, story arcs, are usually only added once every 3-4 months even as P2P. Of course, every game has tweak/bug fixes in-between the major patches. I dunno if FFXIV:RR is getting monthly content updates, but I doubt it is. And if it is, I would attribute it to still being fairly early in its release/life cycle.
    As a game journalist you should do some more research before say things like this. In terms of FFXIV it had patch 2.28 a few weeks ago and the next update 2.3 will be the 8th of july. This update comes with new dungeons, dailies and a new raid. Between 2.3 and 2.4 will also be a update.

With GW2 it only went strong at the start, but the support and updates they provide are taking longer and longer. The only updates gw2 is actually getting atm is bug fixes and little extra's. I can't say anything about TSW, cause it's practically dead and and has too many sales going from 10% to 40% off of the game, just to get some more players.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    As a game journalist you should do some more research before say things like this. In terms of FFXIV it had patch 2.28 a few weeks ago and the next update 2.3 will be the 8th of july. This update comes with new dungeons, dailies and a new raid. Between 2.3 and 2.4 will also be a update.

With GW2 it only went strong at the start, but the support and updates they provide are taking longer and longer. The only updates gw2 is actually getting atm is bug fixes and little extra's. I can't say anything about TSW, cause it's practically dead and and has too many sales going from 10% to 40% off of the game, just to get some more players.
    Don't see what me being a games journalist has anything to do with what I said.

In my experience, as someone who grew up playing nothing but p2p MMOs, what I said was true. I specifically stated that "I dunno" when it came to FFXIV and what I said was just speculation made by a non-player who has no real interest in keeping up with the news of the game.

As for GW2, I don't pay attention to most of the updates as I've yet to get a character up to max level yet. So there's still a crapton of content for me, even without updates. I still have fun with it, though. And it's still a high quality game.

As for TSW, it's had 9 major "content updates" to the game so far. Called "Issues". That's not counting hotfixes, bugfixes, tweak patches, and minor updates. That's since it's release in 2012. So that's 4-5 major content updates a year (so far). I do think the release of these content updates is spread out by about 3-5 months tho, and possibly they are taking longer. But not quite sure as I don't actively play the game and, while I do have more interests in is updates than I do in GW2, I don't follow it closely enough to be 100%.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-17-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

yeah i played ffxiv only a few months ago and it already has so many new content like ventures, housing, daily's, new dungeons, more ui options, new mounts and quests. theres probably a lot more i havent even seen yet.
    the only thing i wish they worked on is voice acting more quests.

Currently Playing: Borderlands the pre-sequel

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Don't forget that Patch 2.4 will add a new class and advance job. Some RIFT to change it up:

They added a coin-lock system since I logged in last, so the e-mail they sent me was a bit strange (They didn't make a template for players who have never seen the coin lock system before. They only expect current players to receive the e-mail.) They also added tutorial videos (IE: Soul tree) rather than having you open up a help dialog and whatnot. (Last time I logged in: over 1.5 years ago.) They now offer purple sets via the equipment bundles for raids 1 and 2 which are the pay2win bundles:

And yes, I still have my storm perks and the turtle mount from Raptr.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 06-17-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Don't forget that Patch 2.4 will add a new class and advance job. Some RIFT to change it up:
    And along with that new class and job we will see the third version of coils as well (end game raiding) + more of the usual dungeons most likely a new primal, maybe gold saucer and chocobo racing, there is a lot of good stuff coming still!

Regarding patch 2.3 we also get personal rooms if you have a free company house, and they said that no later then 2.38 they will add personal housing into the game, so that isn't even being pushed to 2.4 as of yet but it's just "side patch" which happen monthly usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    And along with that new class and job we will see the third version of coils as well (end game raiding) + more of the usual dungeons most likely a new primal, maybe gold saucer and chocobo racing, there is a lot of good stuff coming still!

Regarding patch 2.3 we also get personal rooms if you have a free company house, and they said that no later then 2.38 they will add personal housing into the game, so that isn't even being pushed to 2.4 as of yet but it's just "side patch" which happen monthly usually.
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to personal housing. I finally was able to complete Leviathan a day or two ago thanks to a healer in my FC. So now I'm all caught up with the main story.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

GW2's quality dropped extremely fast. The mega server system actually doesn't help the game. Nor do the permanent gathering tools in the cash shop that never break.

The Secret World is okay, but it could be a lot better.
    Mega servers help a lot actually. They fixed the biggest issue, which was guild missions. You now can get credit from another guild's missions by helping them.

Not to mention map chat is active in damn near every map now.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post

If by support and updates for GW2 you mean the updates every 2-4 weeks, that's because they were taking a break + focusing on the China launch. The next "season" starts on July 1st.
    Last edited by Akeras; 06-17-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 19

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to personal housing. I finally was able to complete Leviathan a day or two ago thanks to a healer in my FC. So now I'm all caught up with the main story.
    Nice! Just in time for Ramuh in 2.3 . Which is going to have a hard mode story and extreme mode fight as well with some i100 weapons (rare drop) and i100 accesories!

I am so excited about 2.3 , even if it's mostly "casual" content (none coil stuff, a bit easier to progress and all) I still want to do it all.

*obligatory screenshot*
    The best boredom pose while i was waiting for my team mates to get ready for coils.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    Nice! Just in time for Ramuh in 2.3 . Which is going to have a hard mode story and extreme mode fight as well with some i100 weapons (rare drop) and i100 accesories!

I am so excited about 2.3 , even if it's mostly "casual" content (none coil stuff, a bit easier to progress and all) I still want to do it all.

*obligatory screenshot*
    The best boredom pose while i was waiting for my team mates to get ready for coils.
    I'm still having false hope that CT2 will not have a loot cap, and you can just keep doing it to college the pieces. Other then that I'm not really fond of the Ramuh ex. Farming a weapon is going to be a pain in the ass like mirror farming....

Page 3019 of 3205 FirstFirst ... 2019251929192969300930173018301930203021302930693119 ... LastLast