Videogame Screenshot/Video Thread(Read the rules!)

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    No, you can get the fundementals of combo's in training mode, and to use them in actual fights you practice in arcade. Often you find too many button mashers in the online matches, which makes you either block 99% of the time, or jump back and bring in a occasional kick to win. The best way to actually practice is going against the AI on hard or higher, but if the AI uses the standard zangrief playstyle by closing in and then just constantly grabbing you (which basicly how zangrief is played) you just can't practice that well, except in low kicks to avoid the grabs.

I've always done it like this, and I'm actually a previous top 10 world ranker in the online matches of street fighter x tekken (even though ultra's are a lot easier to perform in that game, the combo system is sitll the same)

You can't learn anything against people that keep closing and just spamming specials and whatever, cause that way you won't even have to chance to try your own stuff out. So the steps are basicly

1) Choose a character you wish to try/main.
    2) Go into training mode and learn their reach, recoils and speed
    3) Try practicing the basic combo's and if you can perform them with a kick or punch before it happens you can practice ultra's. (or skip it)
    4) Go into arcade to take everything you've tried out in the training to use in the actual gameplay
    5) If you're decent against the AI, go online and fight for real, even though you'll lose 80% of the time.

Street fighter is one of the harder fighting games out there, it's not like Tekken or Killer instinct.

@Candy, stop being such a retard. You know shit about fighting games.
    Yes, a spot in the top 10 apparently makes everything you say completely legit. I really hope it isn't the PC version either.

How are you going to learn anything from the AI at all? Who actually plays like the AI? You aren't going to fight anyone who fights like that. The button mashers are something you only deal with in early ranks too, but they teach you one of the fundamentals of street fighter and ANY 2D fighter: Blocking and punishing.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Quote Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post
    Yes, a spot in the top 10 apparently makes everything you say completely legit. I really hope it isn't the PC version either.

How are you going to learn anything from the AI at all? Who actually plays like the AI? You aren't going to fight anyone who fights like that. The button mashers are something you only deal with in early ranks too, but they teach you one of the fundamentals of street fighter and ANY 2D fighter: Blocking and punishing.
    No, I said that's how I've always done it, I just said the top 10 spot with it to show it works for ME. And I never said anything about having a AI play like player. It's to get the combo's into practice and hard+ higher difficulty is mostly from combo, to special to finish it with a ultra. No player plays like that, it will just learn you the best method to block or counter in those cases. If you prefer doing it online, you can do whatever you want, but if I want to do it like this, let me? It works for me.

Everyone has their own way with learning the things, and you can't deny that fighting games used have a waaaaaaaay better AI then it had these past few years and it's only gettign worse.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

Unfortunately I rolled an 83 and someone else rolled 94 for it...

I also just beat Tomb Raider, an amazing game. I'll post some screenshots of the ending stages with a short review of the game after getting some sleep.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 11

No, I said that's how I've always done it, I just said the top 10 spot with it to show it works for ME. And I never said anything about having a AI play like player. It's to get the combo's into practice and hard+ higher difficulty is mostly from combo, to special to finish it with a ultra. No player plays like that, it will just learn you the best method to block or counter in those cases. If you prefer doing it online, you can do whatever you want, but if I want to do it like this, let me? It works for me.

Everyone has their own way with learning the things, and you can't deny that fighting games used have a waaaaaaaay better AI then it had these past few years and it's only gettign worse.
    The point he was trying to make is that fighting against AI causes you to develop certain habits (weather consciously or subconsciously) in a fight that doesn't translate well to playing against human beings. Arguably the most important thing in a fight is the mind-games. That's true of any competitive situation you could find yourself in. "All warfare is based on deception", he didn't just say that line so it could be copy-pasted into a mindless shooter 1500 years in the future, it actually means a lot. You can't play mind-games with AI, as they don't have minds (obviously).

That being said, if it works for you, great. However playing online isn't really a great method of learning and playing the game either. You will develop certain habits and tactics that will be based on the latency of playing over the internet. There are plenty of tactics I would not dare to try when playing locally with another person, that would work every time online. There's a reason why tournament goers don't play online, and most of their practice is done offline with other people.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    Playing this game again on EU. The music is still amazing.

****ing Granado Espada man. I downloaded the entire soundtrack to the game, and still listen to it all the time to this day.

I miss Ragnarok Online. ):

Still waitin' on Tree of Savior.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256

@Candy, stop being such a retard. You know shit about fighting games.
    i don't know shit about fighting games?
    i play p4a, used to play melty blood and ggxx and now waiting for smash bros.

typical hammie.

thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

The last effective evolution of this weapon. Now I can finally start to save up gold, cause I only need to buy 5 breakthrough items and then I'm set till 45.

Game name, pleeease?

A Shrubbery Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Aefoa View Post
    Game name, pleeease?
    Blade and Soul.

Obligatory screenshot :
    Finally managed to get a Ramuh white mage staff, have to say i haven't farmed the boss much, it more just an occasional run where it dropped.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Not winning all that much atm with the online play, but when I do, I win beautifully. Also need to fix this controller sensitivity. Hardly touch the analog or it's already walking/jumping/ducking/back stepping. It's especially annoying when it performs a anti-air special, instead of a ground special because of it. (Not online play screenies.)

Page 3105 of 3140 FirstFirst ... 21052605300530553095310331043105310631073115 ... LastLast